Goodbye, My Love.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

YOUR POV

 

Today’s the day.

 

As Odagiri packed some of his bags to take to Grandfather’s house, I stuffed last minute items into my backpack.

 

The majority of the things I needed were already waiting for me at the police headquarters, where I would be staying with Hyunwoo for our protection.

 

Odagiri called my name and asked for help with folding his clothes. Rolling my eyes, I complied while he went to use the restroom.

 

Soon we were riding in Sho’s car, heading to Grandfather’s house where he was waiting for me by the front door.

 

“Ah, _______. I need to tell you something,” Sho pulled me aside as I stepped out of his car.

 

It was time.

 

I pulled Odagiri into a long kiss, never wanting this moment to end. “Go inside. Ojiisan probably wants to show you your room,” I pressed a smile on to my face.

 

“I love you, ________.” His eyes searched mine. “And I’ll love you forever.”

 

“I love you too, Odagiri. And I too, will love you forever,” I whispered back.

 

With one last look at me, he entered the house.

 

I gave Sho a long hug, as well as my grandfather. Then, gathering my courage and in my tears, I slid into the black car waiting for me and shut the door. Sho ran up to my window as the driver pulled away.

 

“I love you, you dogmatic cousin of mine.” He stood still as my driver continued driving, and I watched from the back window as his and my grandfather’s forms grew smaller and smaller as the distance increased. Hyunwoo was in the front seat, and he watched as my vision blurred and my tears fell. He silently handed me a tissue box as I barely acknowledged his presence.

 

I opened my backpack to find a plastic bag to throw the tissue in and froze when I saw a carefully folded letter sitting on top of all my stuff.

 

My hand shaking, I slowly unfolded the tear-stained paper and let my own tears fall freely.

 

My ________,

 

By the time you’re reading this, this means you’ve left.

 

I know what you’ve planned- it’s just something you’d do and I know that nothing I say or do will stop you.

 

I love you and I will never stop loving you.

 

I know we may be separated for a few years, or maybe for forever, but in my heart, I will always have you.

 

Every moment of day, every moment of night, I’ll be thinking of you.

 

I know that this must’ve been hard on you, so I’ll keep this letter short.

 

I love you.

 

Stay safe.

 

Be happy.

 

And return to me one day.

 

I’ll be waiting.

 

You saved me that night, the night that feels so long ago. I’ll forever cherish the memories we have.

 

I’ll always wear our ring and necklace.

 

I won’t hope that I’ll see you again- I know that we will meet again in the future. And at that time, we can finally love each other without any worries.

 

I love you.

 

Forever yours and only yours,

Odagiri Ryu.

 

Odagiri must’ve snuck this letter into my bag when he went to the restroom earlier this morning. I took the utmost care folding the letter and placing it securely into my journal.

 

Then I faced forward and left my old life behind.

 

 

 

 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

 

I finally finished the story! 

I hope y'all liked this fanfic (:

Thanks for reading & supporting 'You Never Know Until You Try!'