Kikwang is Jealous.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

“________, time to wake up now,” Yankumi’s voice filtered down around me as I groggily opened my bleary eyes.

“Wh-what…?” I rubbed my head, not understanding what was going on. I shot out of my desk, realizing that school had ended already. “I fell asleep?!”

My teacher watched me freak out, amused. “Right after lunch you conked out. What were you doing last night?” Her eyebrow raised, suggesting something… inappropriate.

“NOTHING LIKE THAT,” I yelped. “After I got home, I took a shower and fell asleep on my own bed. But around one or so, a cockroach somehow managed to knock a pen off of the top of my desk, making it clatter onto the bottom layer. Odagiri managed to kill it… but I couldn’t fall asleep until around five. That is why I’m tired.”

Yankumi looked at me sympathetically. “I would’ve screamed my lungs out if I saw one of those,” she nodded. “Anyways, Odagiri told me to tell you that he’s hanging out with his friends today and that you should text him when you wake up.”

I thanked my teacher and bolted out the door, my fingers dancing swiftly across the touch screen keyboard on my phone, my legs sprinting across the grass.

 

Hey Handsome,

Why didn’t you wake me up?! D:<

Where are you guys?

 

Turning around the corner, I ran smack-dab straight into Kikwang, knocking him over.

“Oh my!” I hurried and helped him stand up, dusting the dirt off of his fashionable clothes. “I’m sorry,” I laughed.

He pretended to be mad at me. “You horrible girl! You ran me over.”

“Yah, ahjusshi, if you weren’t loitering on the street this wouldn’t have happened!” I flicked him on the head. “I’m not sorry anymore,” I wrinkled my nose.

Drawing me into a hug, he grinned. “I forgive you… as long as you buy me ice cream.”

I shoved him away. “Greedy, greedy, greedy.” I started walking away. All of a sudden, he grabbed my arm and swung me around.

“Where are you going?” He asked sincerely.

Puzzled by the strange change in mood, I stuttered. “T-To meet up with Odagiri and th-the gang.”

“You should spend some time with your old friends,” he frowned. His gaze was so intense; I couldn’t meet it. I looked away.

“Well… I guess we can hang out now?” I shrugged cheerfully, trying to get out of this awkward atmosphere.

His eyes darkened, but the look was replaced by his joyful smile so fast that I began to think that I imagined it. The strangeness in his attitude stuck with me in the back of my mind, confusing me.  I pushed those thoughts away.

“Where shall we go?” He chirped like a happy child, grabbing my hand and swinging it around.

Seeing him like this relieved me and I joined in, belting out a child song at the top of my lungs. My phone buzzed. “Oh wait, hold on.”

 

My beautiful Goddess,

We’re at the park.

Are you going to join us?

 

Kikwang peered over my shoulder, his dark look returning to his usually bright face. Snatching the phone away from me, he furiously began typing letters. By the time I managed to get it back, he had sent a message already. I quickly checked my sent mail, a dreadful feeling creeping up my spine.

 

Your beautiful Goddess?

Too bad you’re not the one she’s with right now.

Because right now, I’m the one beside her.

With a girlfriend like ________, you better keep her in your sight all the time… who knows who else has an interest in her, right? I’m sure you know what I mean.

 

I smacked Kikwang on the arm. “How could you type that?!”

He shrugged. “It’s true, right? If I was a bad guy, I could totally try to do something to you right now.”

I slowly nodded. “… I see…?” His logic made sense but… seemed a bit odd. I tilted my head to the side, trying to figure my best friend out. The phone in my hands cried as it received another text message.

 

Who are you with?

 

I gulped after seeing the simplicity of the message. Odagiri definitely wasn’t happy. As my fingers hovered over the letters, my brain trying to decide on what to say, Kikwang snatched my cell away once more.

“Stop! He’s mad already!” I glared at him as I yanked for my phone. He refused to give it to me. His fingers attacked my poor mobile device as I pounded him on his back. “Give it back, you babo!”

He tossed it at me, leaned against the wall, and crossed his arms. “Why do you care so much at whether he’s angry or not? Shouldn’t you care if I’m angry or not? I’ve known you longer and I’m your best friend!”

“He’s my boyfriend,” I slid my finger across the screen, “and YOU’RE the one who’s making him angry! And of course I care about whether you’re mad or not, but right now you’re acting like a butthead!” I smacked my head when I saw the message.

 

She’s with me, of course.

Lee Kikwang. Your girlfriend’s best friend.

I’m like a thief in the night. Beware.

I’ll protect ________ from anyone who hurts her.

Even you.

So don’t break her heart,

Or you’ll really regret it.

Because I’ll take her away to a place where you’ll

Never find us.

“What are you up to?” I groaned. “You son of a freaking peanut, I’m going to kill you!”

Kikwang grinned. ”Just warning him to treat you nice,” he winked. “Anyways, I have to go. Work calls. I’ll see you later!” With those last words, he hugged me and bounded away, leaving me fuming in the road.

“That idiot! HE MAKES ME SO MAD,” I screamed. My phone began buzzing again. I paused, unsure of how to answer Odagiri’s incoming call. Should I be meek or should I just… let out all of my frustration?

“Hello?” I huffed, my anger taking over.

“WHY ARE YOU WITH- what’s wrong?”

“KIKWANG IS BEING SUCH A DOUCHE! I CAN’T BELIEVE HIM!” I spun around in frustrated circles, earning curious stares from the people passing by. “I’M SO FRUSTRATED BY HIS PMS-INGNESS!”

“Meet me at the ice cream store near our house?”

Hanging up the phone, I raced to meet Odagiri. Hearing his voice had calmed me down some and now I was longing to see him.

“Odagiri!” He held out his arms and I dashed into them, burying my face into his shoulder.

“You weren’t kidding when you said you were frustrated,” he laughed into my hair. I relaxed in his arms and smiled up at him.

“I feel better now,” I admitted. “You have a way of making me feel relaxed.”

My boyfriend’s eyes twinkled as they came closer to me and he pressed his lips gently against mine. Kissing him back, my eyes fluttered closed and I let my worries float away, enjoying the moment’s bliss.

“I come at the most awkward moments!” Takeda squeaked, forcing us apart. Startled, my head whipped around and I laughed when I saw the innocent boy covering his red face. “Sorry guys,” he apologized, still hiding behind his hands.

“Take,” Odagiri sighed, raking his hands through his soft hair, “you really… Next time, just call me ahead of time so I know you’re coming, okay?” His friend nodded his head furiously. “Anyways, what’s up?”

“Well… Tsuchiya and Hyuuga are at the police station.”

My eyes flew open. “Say what?”