ODAGIRI SAVES THE DAY! .. not really, haha.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

Odagiri’s POV

 

I sighed as I slouched farther down into my worn-out desk, my gaze directed out the window. Here I was, stuck in school, listening to some teacher yap about something or other, while my girlfriend is in the hospital.

 

I wonder how she’s doing?

 

Hyuuga threw a pen at me, smacking the side of my desk as it rolled miserably to the tile floor. When I didn’t respond, a paper ball followed the pen, this time landing on my desk.

 

“Read it,” he mouthed at me.

 

Sighing again, I uncrumpled the ball and smoothed out the wrinkled paper.

 

MADE YOU LOOK!

 

“You’ve got to be kidding,” I muttered as I let the paper fall to the floor.

 

Why was I in such a crappy mood?

 

Something didn’t feel right. Something was definitely wrong.

 

Hyuuga poked me again, this time with a look of concern on his face.

 

Even he knew that I knew that something was wrong. But what exactly is that something?

 

“ODAGIRI RYU,” the teacher roared. My head snapped up and stared into his furious eyes. “ARE YOU LISTENING?”

 

What was this man talking about?

And where was Yankumi when I needed her? She would be able to help me.

 

“DO NUMBER 10 ON THE BOARD RIGHT NOW!”

 

I grabbed my bag and walked up to the front of the room.

And walked past the teacher and out the door, breaking into a run the moment my mind realized what I was doing.

 

Something was wrong with ________. I need to go to her now.

 

Moments later I arrived at the hospital she was at and I paused to regain my breath. Acting nonchalant, I strolled through the lobby, up the elevator, and out onto the floor where _______ was at. Drawing close to the room, my ear picked up on sounds that didn’t belong inside a hospital room. The sounds of a fight.

 

Slamming the door open and nearly breaking it off its hinges, I came face to face with a pissed ________ and extremely frightened Kazuki.

 

“Odagiri!” ________ let go of Kazuki’s shirt, letting him collapse defeated to the ground. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I had a bad feeling and decided to ditch school and visit you,” I replied, never taking my eyes off the cowering figure on the floor. “Why’s he here?”

 

“He wanted to me,” ________ said rather cheerfully, “but I kicked his instead.”

 

The sound of rushed footsteps came from behind me and I barely had time to move inside the room before Sho came crashing through, his face as red as I’ve ever seen it.

 

“Where’s that BASTARD?” Sho’s eyes flickered from me, who was still slightly breathing hard, to ________, to Kazuki.

 

“I got him. Let’s get him to Grandfather, shall we?” ________’s eyes darkened as she dragged the fallen person over to Sho. Reaching under the bed, she pulled out the cell phone, ended the call, deleted Sho’s number, and tossed it into the toilet. The cell’s owner didn’t even put up a fight.

 

After reclaiming her own cell, ________ skipped to Sho’s car and opened the door for me.

 

Seeing her acting all bubbly like this when I know she’s pissed beyond belief was… scary. Petrifying. If I were Kazuki, I would’ve peed in my pants already. The man in question was huddling beside me on the floor, too terrified to move.

 

I wonder what he did to make ________ this mad?

She must’ve really beaten some sense into him, seeing how he was so obedient.

 

We half carried, half dragged Kazuki into the magnificent house where her grandfather was awaiting our arrival with a stern look on his face.

 

“So this is Kazuki,” he scanned him over with a disapproving look on his face. “Causing so much stress and trouble for my grandchildren. You’re really asking for an early death.”

 

Kazuki flinched.

 

“He’s more of an idiot than he is trouble. Sho, you know those stalker phone calls?” ________ turned to her cousin. He nodded. “He made most of those calls when he was drunk. And then it turned into a game for him.”

 

“What about the ‘hurricane’?” I asked, annoyed at how nice _______ was being toward him.

 

“He won’t tell me. But he did let Yuuki’s location slip,” she answered, her hands on her hips. “She’s Kyosodan’s leader’s personal… toy.”

 

“So she’s living with him?” Sho’s gaze narrowed dangerously as his body stiffened.

 

________ nodded, a fake smile plastered across her face.

 

“We have to keep this bastard somewhere so that he doesn’t go blabbering to the leader about our intentions,” I spoke up.

 

Everyone in the room agreed and after a few moments of conversation, it was decided that Kazuki was to stay here where their grandfather could keep a close eye on him.

 

“______,” her grandfather called out to her as we were about to leave, “don’t do anything. We’ll take care of this. Go to school, come home from school, stay at home. Wakarimasuka?”

 

“Hai, wakarimasu.” With that, we left.

 

As we walked home, I held onto her hand and swung it into the air. She turned to me with a smile on her face, a genuine smile this time, and leaned her head onto my shoulders. “Thanks,” she whispered.

 

“No problem,” I murmured, glad to have her back to her normal self.

 

“Just, for future reference, don’t take me to a hospital. Take me to my grandfather’s house- they have healers there who can care for me. I absolutely hate hospitals,” she nudged me.

 

“Fine, fine. I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be. It all turned out okay.”

 

“You really scared the living balls out of Kazuki today,” I mused, staring at the streetlights as we passed by. “I’ve never seen a man so scared before.”

 

“He pissed me off,” she stated simply.

 

When we finally reached the house, I unlocked the door for her and locked it again after we were inside. Tossing my bag to the couch, I plopped down on the other one and sighed.

 

Today had been a long day.

 

And it wasn’t even over. It was only 2:46, according to the clock mounted on the wall. School wasn’t even out yet.

 

“Hey,” ________ said as she walked over to me, sitting down on the ground next to the couch.

 

I raised myself on my elbows. “Hey.”

 

“What are we going to do for the rest of the day?”

 

Pondering for a moment, I knew that I needed to suggest something, anything, to keep her mind away from Yuuki. Knowing her, she would probably dash off to face the leader of the whatever gang by herself if it meant seeing her best friend soon.

 

“Let’s hang out here,” I suggested.

 

She raised her delicately lined eyebrows at me. “And do what?”

 

“I can think of a few things,” I winked as I stole a kiss from her lips.

 

Laughing, she smacked my head lightly as she stood up. “Remember what I said? No naughtiness allowed.”

 

Just as she was about to walk away, I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her down to my lap. “What’s your definition of ‘naughtiness’? I’m starting to think that we have different opinions on this.”

 

Before she could answer, however, her phone rang with the chorus from “Because I Miss You”, an OST sung by Jung Yonghwa from the drama Heartstrings.

 

How do I know all of this?

 

She made me watch the drama with her. The entire drama.

 

Drama. Hm. Maybe that’s what we should do today? Once ________ starts a drama, she becomes addicted and won’t stop until she’s finished with it. That’ll keep her busy for a few days while Sho and them get things settled out…

 

“Let’s watch Dream High together,” I blurted out without further thought. Did I really have to suggestthat drama? I guess it was the first one that came to mind. Suzy and Eunjung are in it. Maybe it’ll be worthwhile.

 

________’s face perked up at the mention of a drama. “Yes, let’s watch it!”

 

I sighed. Maybe I can get some skinship in while we watch. That’ll be the only way I can survive the next several hours.

 

Odagiri Ryu, Fighting!

 

I can’t believe I just mentally cheered myself on.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: It's been so long since I've worked on this fic that I forgot what the main girl's name was.

Then I realized.. she didn't have a name. She was _______. LOL. 

EPIC FAIL.

Yay, Two Chapter Updates today!  (:

Hope you guys liked them! 

Comment please! <3

& Thank you for reading this!

*bows*