CLEANING DAY :D

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*YOUR POV*

 

The next morning I woke up, my body feeling stiff and sore. I ignored the light that skipped across my eyelids and reached down to pull my covers over my head for a few more minutes of rest. I patted the bed. There was no blanket.

 

“Son of a cupcake,” I muttered, squinting as the sunlight hit my eyes, momentarily blinding me. When everything came into focus, I froze.

 

Odagiri was asleep next to me.

 

Instincts took over and I automatically shoved him off the bed, afterwards peering over the edge to see if I had wakened him. He slept on.

 

I sat up, shaking my head with confusion. Why was he sleeping next to me? And why was my blanket on the floor?

 

Oh that’s right… He was holding me as I cried and I guess I fell asleep.

 

Oops.

 

“Gomenasai,” I whispered, feeling slightly remorseful about pushing him to the floor like that, as I climbed out of bed, grabbed a change of clothes, and padded to the bathroom.

 

“You look horrible,” I told my reflection as I examined my face in the mirror. “Look at those bags under your eyes. And you’ve lost weight. What are you doing to yourself?”

 

Sighing, I discarded my clothes and stepped into the bathtub, feeling my weariness drain away with the searing water. My skin began to protest and I turned the water temperature down as I started recounting the events of yesterday.

 

Yesterday was a mess.

 

That whole dramatic episode with Harumi and then the whole ordeal with the stalker…

 

Who was my stalker?

 

Over the phone, he obviously is using something to disguise his voice. If only I could trace his number…

 

Ah. Ha.

 

Bingo! Why didn’t I think of that before?

Nodding my head, I rinsed the bubbles out of my hair, wiped all the soap off of my body, and turned the water off. I tousled my hair with my towel and wrapped it around me, dragging the shower curtain to the side. I had just placed a foot outside the bathtub when I looked up and realized that Odagiri was standing in the doorway with his mouth hanging open, staring at me.

 

I blinked.

 

“YOU MOTHER CUPCAKE MUSTASH CREEPER!” I yelled whatever words popped into my head, kicked him back, and slammed the door closed.

 

“I-Uh, I- Honestly- I didn’t mean to do that… I didn’t know you were in the bathroom!” He defended himself. “And I didn’t see anything, I promise! I only walked in just now.”

 

“Whatever, excuses, excuses, excuses,” I mumbled harshly under my breath as I yanked my clothes on. Dabbing the wet spots on the white tiled floor with a different towel, I stormed out of the bathroom and into the kitchen where I slid onto the bar stool and commenced spinning in angry circles.

 

My spinning was suddenly stopped and arms wrapped around me. “I’m sorry.”

 

Ignoring him, I directed my gaze to the far wall, putting on a show of me fuming.

 

“Hey,” he shook my arm gently, “I’m really, really sorry.”

 

I bit my lip, acting like I was irritated.

 

“Oh come on!” He moved into my line of sight and pouted. “Forgive me? Pwetty pweese? With a cherry on top?”

 

“If you make me breakfast,” I answered, knowing that he seriously thought I was mad and would do anything to make it up.

 

“How about I go and buy some breakfast?”

 

“Eeh? But you’re good at cooking though!”

 

He had a hangdog look on his face and sheepishly rubbed his neck. “I can only cook one dish…”

 

“Oh.”

 

“I’ll be back soon,” he called out cheerfully, disappearing through the door before I could even open my mouth.

 

“Ai-yah, this punk,” I smiled. I guess I can wash the clothes today…

 

I dragged the two dirty clothe hampers from the bathroom to the laundry room and unloaded them, dumping and sorting the clothes into different piles on the floor.

 

“I feel kinda awkward washing his boxers…” I muttered as I gingerly dropped a pair onto the undergarment stack.

 

Now that I think about it, where did all his clothes come from? I never noticed him bringing in clothes… yet… I got up off the ground and walked to his closet, throwing the doors open and stood agape, blinking as I stared at the clothe-filled room.

 

How…?

 

Shaking my head, I stumbled back to the laundry room and threw the first batch in the washer, poured in the right amount of detergent, and closed the lid.

 

“It’s Saturday,” I contemplated out loud, “maybe I should clean the place a bit.”

 

Okay! Cleaning it is.

 

“WAIT A MINUTE!” I scrambled to my feet once more and sprinted into my room, grabbing my phone off the carpeted floor. Dialing up Sho’s number, I waited patiently as the phone rang. And rang. And rang.

 

And rang.

 

“I’m sorry, but the number you have dialed is currently una-” Click.

 

I dialed his number again. It rang. And rang. And rang.

 

And- “Hello?”

 

I jumped at his voice as my ears strained to hear him though the pounding background music. “What are you doing at a club at,” I threw a look at my adorable Domo clock mounded onto my cream walls, “7:33 in themorning?

 

“Early bird gets the worms,” he laughed. “What’s up?”

 

“I didn’t even know that clubs open that early! I thought they open at night?”

 

“This isn’t a night club- Yes I would like another order of Strawberry Daiquiri- I’m at a… host club.”

 

“Oh… Anyways, I was wondering how I could trace a call?”

 

The music faded away as I heard my cousin open and close a door. “Why would you want to do that?”

 

If I told him about that creeper… I know for sure that there’s going to be one less stalker out there tonight- for good. “Just because.”

 

“Liar. Hey, I’m going to come over to your place later today, aight? And you better tell me what’s up.”

 

“Fine. Bring me and Odagiri lunch while you’re at it.”

 

“Okay. Love ya Cuz!”

 

“Yeah, yeah.”

 

Would it be a good idea to tell him about the creeper? I shook my head, chasing the thought out of me. Even if the creeper scares the crap out of me, I don’t want to be the cause of someone’s death. Which reminds me… 9 days left until the “hurricane strikes”.

 

What on earth is the “hurricane”?

 

I tossed my phone to the floor, watching it soar through the air and land gracefully on the cream-and-silver spotted carpet with a soft thud.

 

Time to get back to cleaning. I changed into some comfortable short shorts and a tank top, grabbed the cleaning supplies out of a hall closet, and started scrubbing the counters in the kitchen.

 

By the time I heard my front door open with the intoxicating smell of breakfast, I was done with the kitchen and already close to finish with the living room.

 

Scrubbing furiously at a tiny stain in the carpet, I saw Odagiri out of the corner of my eye and I paused, looking up at him. “Took you long enough.”

 

“Yeah, I ran into some trouble on the way.”

 

I raised my eyebrow, making a mental note to ask him about the “trouble” later, and used all my might to erase the blemish.

 

“I see you’re cleaning?”

 

“Yeah. You’re going to be doing this after breakfast too,” I grunted. Once I lifted the chemical-filled rag, the mark was gone and I was satisfied. “I guess I can take a break now and eat.” I washed my hands in the sparkling sink and joined him at the kitchen table. He unraveled two boxes of cold noodles and I instantly began shoveling the food into my mouth.

 

“What’s the hurry?” He asked me, his eyes filled with amusement.

 

“I,” chew, chew, chew, swallow, “need to,” bite, chew, chew, swallow, “finish cleaning.”

 

“I see. If that’s your hurry, I think I’ll just take my time with breakfast.” His hand slowly moved from the noodles to his mouth and he took his time chewing. I rolled my eyes and returned to wolfing down my food.

 

The next few moments were filled with the sound of hasty chewing and swallowing and soon I was leaning back in my chair, done with my meal. “Thanks for breakfast!”

 

Before he could respond, I had already thrown my trash away and was back in the living room, dusting off the final piece of furniture. Dragging my supplies to the empty guest room, I quickly concluded the cleaning of that room and hopped to my room. It was already pretty clean and I only had to do the most basic touching up, wiping down here and there and vacuuming the already clean carpet, just for good measure.

 

“Clean your room, Odagiri!” I hollered as my ears received notice of him throwing his trash away.

 

“Your wish is my command,” he saluted me and marched into his room.

 

I shook the curtains, sneezed, and breezed over the laundry room, and moved onto the last room, the bathroom, leaving the final guest room for Odagiri to take care of.

 

Standing in the doorway, I sighed as I looked over the tiled room. “This is going to be the hardest room to clean.”

 

I have to scrub everything. And I could already feel a slight trickle of sweat drip down my back as I crouched and began to scour the floor. Carefully making my way across the slippery floor, I swiped the mirror and counter/sink clean, scrubbed the toilet, and turned to face the last obstacle: the bathtub.

 

Mustering up my last pieces of determination, I poured the cleaning liquid onto the tub and scrubbed with all the energy that I had left.

 

“Hey ________!” Odagiri came running in before I could warn him. His eyes widened as he felt his feet slide from under him and he pounded the air with his hands, desperate to stop his fall. I stepped out of the tub and reached out to help him; he latched on to my arm, and fell… right on top of me. We stared at each other for a few moments before reality got a hold on us again. Before he could get off, however, another figure stood in the doorway, watching us.

 

“Hey Sho,” I laughed weakly, knowing how our situation would look like to him. “I promise this isn’t what you think it is.”

 

“Yeah. It better not be…”

 

Odagiri quickly stood to his feet and helped me up. “I slipped and fell,” he explained.

 

“I know,” Sho replied simply. “I was watching.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR's NOTE :D 

This chapter doesn't really move the story along, but for some reason I just felt like throwing in something about their daily lives (:

My aunt went on vacation so I filled in for her at work (she works for my dad). I don't know how she does her job everyday.. I did it for one day and i'm exhausted -.- LOL. I'm a failsauce :(

Tomorrow's my school.. whatchamacallit.. orientation? I get my schedule and whatnot tomorrow~ .. >< THAT MEANS SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER NOOOOOO.

Which means.. updating might start becoming slower after 8/22 since i'm taking AP classes this year, blah. 

This story is long... I feel like I put too many useless chapters in :( 

Blah. 

 

 

 

joycecute25 [block]  on 8-10-2011 07:01:22 says: x
OMG what a creepy guy!!!

Right? He's such a freak. Wait til you guys find out who he is... hahahhaa

mrswoojiho [block]  on 8-10-2011 04:17:32 says: x
OMG. How can he keep a straight voice when he's ing? HES A WIZARD

MAYBE HE'S HARRY POTTER D: AND THIS IS WHAT HARRY DOES IN HIS FREE TIME! *Gasp*

pinkittenluvsxkpop [block]  on 8-9-2011 22:23:02 says: x
Scary, sweet, and creepy who knew these kinds of things could make such a great story keep it up!!!

Thanks ! :D