Odagiri's lockdown at the Apartment.

You Never Know Until You Try!

 

*ODARIGI’s POV*

 

“Wheeewuh,” I blew out a breath of air as I snuggled deeper into the blanket, sinking into the comfortable mattress.

 

Afajfkldajfkldjakja in fiction~

 

Somewhere in the room an alarm set off, playing some song in Korean. The few English words caught my ears as I strained to hear the music.

 

“Leave me alone,” I moaned.

 

Cranking a bleary open, I squinted as the sunlight flowed across my pupil. I sat up, groaning as pain shot up my body.

 

Somethingsomethingsomething in fiction~

 

“I said, Leave. Me. Alone,” I glared at the alarm.

 

Right on cue it switched to another song, this time sung by girls.

 

Shut up boy, shut up boy, shut up boy, shut up, shut up, shut up.

 

I miserably placed my legs on the floor, testing to see if they carried enough strength to support my body.

 

They stood.

 

I stumbled over to the alarm and turned it off. Glancing around the room, I realized that I wasn’t at home.

 

“Wait… that’s right. I don’t have an alarm that plays Korean music.” I face-palmed myself.

 

“Then where am I?” I asked myself, feeling stupid for talking to the air.

 

The events of yesterday slowly flooded through my mind as I made my way to the bathroom.

 

After refreshing myself, I headed for the kitchen.

 

On the marble countertop, a pink note was left and I gingerly picked it up.

 

Dear Ryu (I can call you that, right? ^^)

 

I made you breakfast! And I set the alarm for 10:00 AM. I figured you’d be tired… but sleeping in too late isn’t good for you! D:<

 

Anyways, eat your breakfast. It’s in the rice cooker & I hope you like it ~

If you can cook, make yourself some lunch later if you get hungry. If not, call this restaurant and ask for Kuma. He’ll take your order and bring it to the house. Don’t worry about paying. He’s one of my best friends (:

 

Have fun at home ~~ Remember you’re not allowed out of the house!

Do whatever you want- for now, my things are yours. Just don’t break anything.

 

See you after school lets out!

Your new friend,

_____________.

 

I laughed as I read her note.

 

She’s got a cute personality :3

 

I lifted the lid to the rice cooker and a heavenly aroma met my nose.

 

The food was gone in less than five minutes.

 

Patting my satisfied stomach, I lounged on her couch and flicked on the TV.

 

“Businessman Odagiri Shinya completed a deal yesterday that boosted his company even higher on the economic ladder,” the reporter blared out.

 

I sighed and switched the channel. A Korean drama was showing.

 

“Anneonghaseyo!” The young actress politely bowed to her classmate.

 

I read the Japanese subtitles and laughed along with the cast.

 

Before I knew it, two hours flew by and disappeared.

 

“Lunch…” I muttered as my stomach growled. I stared at the kitchen from my spot in the living room. “So far away…”

 

I gazed at the phone lying innocently in its cradle beside me. I looked at the piece of paper with Kuma’s number on it in front of me.

 

“Yes, is this Kuma-san?” I asked the person on the other end.

 

“Hai. How may I help you?”

 

“I’d like to order…”

 

Ding Dong!

 

I painfully swayed over to the door and opened it.

 

A huge blonde man stood before me, smiling widely.

 

“________ usually never lets a guy into her apartment,” he raised his eyebrow at me.

 

Seeing my bruises, he walked in and set the food down on the table.

 

“I’m Kuma,” he grinned.

 

“I’m Odagiri Ryu,” I muttered. 

 

“What’s your relationship with ________?”

 

“What’s your relationship with her?” I retorted.

 

“She was part of my high school groupie,” he replied. “At first it was just me and Shin and them… and then she somehow joined us. I guess it was since she was also a rebel and fit in.” He looked at me. “Anyhow, she eventually became our little sister. So I can’t have any guy staying at her place like this,” he concluded.

 

“I’m…”

 

I wasn’t sure how to describe my “relationship” with her since I just met her about a week ago.

 

“I’m just her friend.”

 

“Liar,” Kuma said cheekily. “She wouldn’t let any male friend of hers crash at her house like this.” He bit into a piece of chicken. “Maybe if you’re a good friend of hers…”

 

“She saved me from getting killed.”

 

“Oh I know. I was the one who told her that your employers dragged you off.” He continued eating.

 

“… How?”

 

He calmly took his time chewing his food before replying. “I was delivering food to your club and saw what happened.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“Anyways, I’m sure you’re more to her than just a regular friend. If you’re lucky, she might consider you a good friend.”

 

He stood up and patted my shoulder.

 

“What do you mean, if I’m lucky?”

 

He paused at the door. “She takes really good care of her good friends. And she’ll do anything for them.” He wagged his finger at me. “Don’t do anything naughty to her though. She’ll kill you if you do- she really hates those types of guys.”

 

“Guys have done naughty things to her?”

 

“They try to at least. She always kicks their before they can do real damage. Though sometimes she will get herself in too deep and you’ll need to bail her out. Protect her, okay?”

 

He disappeared behind the door.

 

I thoughtfully ate my chicken- well, what was left of my chicken- and pondered about Kuma’s words.

 

What was my relationship with her?

 

Though I’ve only known her for a short while, I felt like she really understood me, even more than my own mother.

 

Was she my friend?

 

When I’m with her, I feel like I can spill my deepest secrets out and she wouldn’t judge me. She always makes me smile…

 

So yes, she is my friend.

 

How close of a friend?

 

Well, sometimes with my closest friends I feel like I can’t entrust my darkest thoughts to them. So that makes her my… closest close friend?

 

Is she anything more than that?

 

What the heck brain. Leave me alone. I don’t even want to think about that. I mean, seriously. I can’t be falling in love with her! I don’t even know her that well…

 

You’re starting to like her, don’t you?

 

Shut up.

 

Ryu’s got a crush~

 

You’re such a traitor, you freaking brain.

 

Admit it.

 

No. Not until I’m clear on my feelings.

 

So you do have feelings?

 

I slammed my hands against my head, groaning.

 

Dumping the dishes in the sink, I tottered into her bedroom and collapsed on the bed, setting the alarm thirty minutes ahead of when she’s supposed to come home.

 

After day dreaming for a while about what would happen if I really did like her, I finally fell asleep.