Somehow

The Other Side of the Mirror

When all hope is gone, depression takes over.

Sometimes when depression hits you so bad, you feel like there's no point living in the world any longer. There's nothing to strive towards to, nothing to work hard for. No matter what you do there's nothing you can do to make it better.

What's the point of trying when you know you're going to fail?

No positive energy, no slim ray of hope you bother to search for. No. Nothing.

-----

Sunmi felt like everything from the past few months was just a prank heaven pulled on her for whatever bad deeds she committed in her past life. The worst thing that could ever happen to anyone was to have something before having to let it go.

Sehun was the happiest thing in her life. She never thought she could love someone so deeply, but she did, and she could not stop no matter what she told herself to do.

It was worse because Sehun and her didn't even get to share any happy couple times together before a load of problems dumped themselves on them and it seemed that there was no way out from here.

Sehun was in jail. The boys and her were stuck in another world than their own, having no idea what was happening to their parents and family. They had no way of going home.

Life .

Sunmi stared up at the dark sky that was gaining light, and spotted a few birds flying past her, going higher towards the clouds. What right did the others have to remain happy while going on with their lives when hers and the EXO boys' so badly? Life was so unfair.

She hugged her knees to her chest and sighed for the umpteenth time that day. The boys hadn't spoken to each other since the news of Sehun being arrested. Nobody tried to make any plans for action because they held no more hope for the situation they were in.

The thing that kept them going even when they were in a foreign world from their own was that they could help Sehun from his fate. They could go on because they had him, they had each other.

However now that Sehun was arrested, it seemed that all their previous efforts had gone down the drain and they had nothing to fight against the National Seoul Police force. How could they convince the public that Sehun hadn't killed someone when they had no proof?

Unless they found another enchanted mirror, there was no way.

Life had been perfect. Sehun had already decided to stay where he was with Sunmi, he had decided he would abandon his old life back in his world for Sunmi and the EXO boys, to start life afresh. They were determined to be happy for the rest of their lives and all of a sudden he was dragged back into his old world, away from her.

Suho stared at the road blankly, not moving. They didn't care how they were being a nuisance to the public by obstructing the way, seeming like a bunch of uneducated people.

He had been the leader for so long and to be honest, he liked leading. Of course it got on his nerves once in a while when all the members expected him to have the answer for everything when he was just several months older than the rest of them. However he thrived in the stress and he liked that his dongsaengs relied on him so much.

He personally felt the guilt more than ever because if he hadn't agreed to let Sehun go down to get the drinks, they woulnd't have exposed him to get caught.

He knew that Sehun still felt guilty for being the cause of why the EXO boys and Sunmi were still stuck in this world, and he knew that Sehun wanted to make it up to the rest whenever the chance arose.

Two nights ago he caught Sehun staring out into the night sky with a rare solemn expression. That night, Sehun told him to bring the boys and Sunmi away to the other world if they had the way to do so. If Sehun had to be left behind, so be it. Sehun mentioned that no matter how the others kept saying it wasn't his fault, it was. He didn't want Sunmi to suffer along with him, she didn't deserve it.

He told Suho to take good care of Sunmi if he couldn't do it.

That was the reason why Suho let Sehun get the drinks even if it was dangerous in his position. He knew just how much guilt their maknae bore on his shoulders and he couldn't bear for their maknae to suffer alone.

If he had known this would have happened, he wouldn't have gone against his sixth sense.

 

 

 

 

The boys spent the entire night in misery after the news of Sehun's arrest, and it was now fast approaching dawn.

The punishment had not been settled yet, but the judges were debating for the length of Sehun's jail life. Sunmi was pacing around, not knowing if it was good for her heart to listen to the news for further updates on Sehun's case.

D.O.'s stomach suddenly growled, making the rest snap their gazes towards him. He pinked and tried to play it off by acting cool, but his sheepish expression won all efforts.

It wasn't even his fault to feel hungry even if he didn't have the appetite to eat. Chanyeol felt bad for their mother hen and he got up from his seat. "Let's not mope around." his voice sounded hoarse.

First four words since the previous evening of Sehun's arrest.

"He's right." Baekhyun got up to his feet and wobbled around for a few seconds due to the lack of balance. "Doesn't mean Sehun got caught means it's the end of the world. We've got to visit him at least."

Kai nodded and pulled D.O. to his feet as well, gesturing for the rest to follow. "First thing we've got to do is fill our tummies for energy. Let's decide on what other steps to take after this."

Sunmi nodded lifelessly and trudged along with the rest of the boys. D.O. reached out to give her shoulders an encouraging squeeze and Sunmi smiled emotionlessly back. The boys headed over to the eatery where they had worked the previous day, hoping to grab some breakfast.

The store had already opened but there weren't any customers yet because it was too early.

The Ahjumma was busy washing the plates behind the counter as she got ready for the new day of work. Suho approached the ahjumma with a smile. "Ahjumma, we're back. Can you spare us breakfast before we work today? Are there more tea leaves to garner?"

The Ahjumma blinked at Suho for a moment before frowning. "What are you talking about boy? If you want breakfast, go away and come back in an hour's time. Never read the sign in front that states this eatery opens at 8?" she snapped.

Suho was taken aback by her hostile answer and took a few seconds to recover. Chanyeol scratched his head and blinked. "But ahjumma, you told us to be back here by 7 today to help you get the store ready."

The Ahjumma frowned. "Why would I tell you to come back? Go away and don't disturb me. I'm busy." she shooed them away. "If you want food, come back one hour later."

She pushed them towards the door with no sign of hesitation. Kai narrowed his eyes at the Ahjumma, obviously feeling pissed with all the pent up emotions. "Ahjumma, you're the one who told us to come back. You said you could provide the meals."

"Yah Jong In." D.O. hissed under his breath, glancing fearfully at the Ahjumma who looked exceptional angry and pissed.

The Ahjumma scowled deeply and narrowed her eyes at Kai. "Yah young boy, what right do you have to be so rude?" she snapped. "You're not even from our village are you? Haven't seen you before. Our village doesn't need rude youngsters like you!" she snapped.

Kai's mouth dropped open. "Excuse me?" he nearly choked on his own saliva. Oh that woman. "Ahjumma, let me be clarify here because I simply can't believe what I'm hearing. You were the one who told us you wanted to hire us and you could provide us with meals and-"

"Wait ahjumma, you say you haven't seen us before?" Sunmi cut in, pushing Kai back and giving him a warning look before he started sprouting vulgarities.

The Ahjumma frowned, obviously pissed and not at all looking like the nice ahjumma they talked to the day before. "Yes. I haven't seen you before, so if you don't intend to buy food from me, please leave." she snapped, spinning round and going back to what she was doing.

Sunmi stared at the ahjumma in confusion, turning to meet Suho's eyes. "What is happening? How can she forget us?"

"Of course she can, she's just a freaking motherfu-" Kai couldn't continue as Chanyeol smacked his hand on the dance machine's mouth. "Please. Spare us." he muttered.

Baekhyun scratched his head and looked back at the ahjumma, who gave him a deadly glare. He jumped back in fright and quickly ushered the boys away to safer grounds. "I guess we can ask the tea ahjusshi for some work then come back to get food." he suggested.

Everyone agreed on the next course of action and went to the ahjusshi next door. To their horror, the ahjusshi slammed the door in their faces and told them not to bother him, and that he didn't want to buy insurance.

Wait what?

"It's like he's a completely different person! Both ahjumma and ahjusshi." D.O. murmured while scratching his head. "How can that be? And they forgot us. I can't believe they forgot me." he sulked.

"Yeah that ahjumma was so mean." Chanyeol agreed as they walked. "Almost like Sehun and the Devil, so contrasting."

Everyone stopped in their tracks when they heard what Chanyeol said. Sehun and the Devil?

"Wait. Which world are we in now?" Baekhyun squeaked, looking around him in caution. "Are we still in the other world or are we back in our own?"

"But how can we be back in our own?" Sunmi whispered in awe. "We never found any enchanted mirrors. Unless the other EXO boys and Sunmi found the enchanted mirror but I highly doubt so."

Kai narrowed his eyes. "There's only one way to find out."

-----

The EXO boys and Sunmi rushed to take the first bus they could hop onto, charging all the way back to Seoul. Sunmi didn't know whether to feel happy or not if they some how managed to swop back into their own worlds, but to be honest she missed it back here.

She couldn't come up with any possible explanation as to why they could be suddenly transported back to their own world without the use of an mirror on their side either.

How did that happen?

The gang moved swiftly to catch a cab and went straight to Ahjusshi Han's antique shop. They stopped outside the shop where the OPEN sign was swinging gaily in the wind.

"Guys, it's open." D.O. whispered. "OPEN."

Suho nodded and swallowed, pushing the door open carefully. A soft ringing signalled the arrival of new customers and Ahjusshi Han turned around in his seat, putting down his newspaper and reading glasses. "Hello, welcome-" he stopped in his tracks and stared at the gang.

"You kids are back?" his eyes rounded.

The gang stared at each other. "This Ahjusshi Han is alive! This means...."

Yes. They were back.

Somehow.