Jealousy Traps

The Other Side of the Mirror

"Your palms are sweaty." Sehun whispered.

Sunmi pressed her lips in a firm annoyed line as she shot him a look. "I know." She wriggled her fingers uncomfortably as Sehun's hand gripped hers. "Your palms aren't that dry either."

"I know." Sehun blew a raspberry.

The two looked incredibly un-couple like even as they were holding hands. The distance they put between themselves just looked so uncomfortable. Sunmi sighed softly as she gripped her books with one hand since the other was preoccupied. "I wonder how long we'll have to keep this pretense up." she murmured. "I hasn't been one day and I'm already dying from all the looks from your fangirls."

Sehun grinned and shrugged. "At least now I have a good enough reason to stick with you guys. I don't like the soccer boys much." he stuck out his tongue.

Sunmi looked up at him. "Well yeah, but what about your Jina?"

Sehun stopped walking as realization dawned on him. Oh holy , he just announced he was dating Sunmi without thinking much and now Jina knew he was taken! Why why why was he so rash?

"If you're thinking about how she would lose interest in you because you're taken, don't worry." Sunmi stated flatly. "She'll like you more because you're taken." she patted his shoulder assuringly. "Don't worry."

Sehun frowned in confusion. "Why would she like me more if I'm attached? It doesn't make sense." he scratched his head.

Sunmi nodded. "Exactly. But there's the appeal of stealing a guy who already has a girl, and I'm glad I don't get it." she wrinkled her nose in disgust and looked up at him. "I think Jina will like you more after this."

Sehun slumped. "Maybe, maybe not. I wish I wasn't here posing as the Devil and was here as myself instead. Do you think Lee Jina will like me if I was here as my nerdy bookish self?" he asked Sunmi eagerly.

No. LOL no why the hell would she like someone that wasn't popular? Sunmi wanted to answer. Instead, she bit back her words and offered a small insincere smile. "No idea."

Sehun pouted as he pondered over the matter and didn't notice as the rest of the EXO-K boys arrived and met up with them. Sunmi immediately straightened at the sight of Suho and pulled her hand out of Sehun's grip in a flash. Sehun blinked in surprise and snapped his eyes to Sunmi's face, only to see her eyes directed at Suho's with an unfamiliar gleam. Wait...what?

"Hi guys." Sunmi beamed, but mostly the greeting was directed to Suho. "You guys were so slow."

"Yeah but we had to let you two have your official couple walk right?" Kai yawned. "I can't imagine if I'd have to hold your hand all the time, Sunmi. Man, I so pity you maknae." he teased.

Sunmi narrowed her eyes at the dance machine and Suho stepped in between the two. "Chill." he looked at Sunmi. "He's just trying to kid you, you know it doesn't mean it. I wouldn't mind holding your hand all day." he assured with a smile.

Sunmi softened and nodded, her cheeks tinting pink as she bit her lip shyly. Just like her Suho to know what to say to cheer her up.

Sehun watched Sunmi in fascination as those pale cheeks of hers turned pink. Goodness gracious, he wasn't seeing things was he? It certainly looked like Kim Sunmi was blushing. Oh hell, she was certainly blushing. And blushing because of a certain someone.

Sehun glanced at Suho and back at Sunmi, noticing how her gaze never left the guy. Could it be that....that Sunmi had a crush on Suho? Sehun grew excited at the thought. Oho~ Now he knew her secret!

Sehun observed the other EXO-K boys and saw how they didn't seem to notice Sunmi's exceptional behavior around Suho. Perhaps they were too used to her since they were young and never thought much of it, but since Sehun was new in the group, he could see things much clearer.

Hell, the way Sunmi jerked her hand away from his nearly broke his heart. Nearly. She seemed to anxious to make it clear to Suho that they were nothing but friends, which was true yes, but a little annoying to watch when she seemed to be overly enthusiastic about clarifying that matter.

Sehun grinned slyly at Sunmi. So she liked Suho huh? It seemed he wasn't the only one with a secret crush over here. How fun~

Sunmi caught Sehun grinning at her slyly and she shuddered, not having a particularly good feeling about his evil expression. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she whispered, frowning at him. "You're almost looking like the Devil himself."

"Nothing." Sehun shrugged innocently. "Just...do you have time for ice cream with me later? I think I just realized something."

 

 

 

Sunmi had no idea why Sehun wanted to treat her to ice cream, but hell she didn't mind. How would? She guessed it was to continue with the act of being her boyfriend but she didn't see the point because they were bound to "break up" soon weren't they?

And so here they were in a cozy ice cream palour with Sehun gobbling his ice cream down as if he hadn't eaten in days and totally losing all senses in front of his favorite dessert. Sunmi scooped some chocolate mint into and let the ice cream melt.

She recalled the topics taught in the lessons that day vaguely when Sehun suddenly spoke, apparently finishing his ice cream delight.

"You have a crush on Suho."

Sunmi stopped and choked on her ice cream, pounding on her chest furiously as her face turned immensely red. She stared at Sehun in disbelief as he handed her a glass of water, which she took gratefully and downing the entire glass. She wiped her lips cautiously and swallowed.

"Haha." she laughed nervously. "How funny."

"Nope, you like him." Sehun leaned closer, grinning. "Through my superb analysis, I think you have a crush on Suho. The other boys are just too ignorant to see it, they can't even tell I like Jina . But I'm 100% sure you like him."

Sunmi felt herself still as her fingers clenched together nervously. Was she that obvious?

"No I don't. Suho is just a friend." Sunmi tried to deny despite her cheeks reddening at a painfully obvious shade. "Don't sprout any of this nonsense to him alright?" she looked at Sehun worriedly. "I don't want him to know."

Sehun eyed her. "Stop lying, I can tell. You do like him so what's the problem admitting it?" he asked, shrugging. "I'm not going to tell him if that's what you're worried about."

Sunmi let out a huge sigh of relief.

"I just never imagined the one you had a crush on was him." Sehun added, grinning. Sunmi shot him a look and Sehun just beamed at her, reaching for her bowl of ice cream since she didn't seem to be inclined to finish it. "Why don't you tell him?"

"He doesn't seem to reciprocate my feelings." Sunmi muttered dejectedly, sighing softly and staring at her hands. "Perhaps it's because we've known each other for a long time and he just thinks me as a friend. I don't know. He has never given me a slightest impression that he thinks of me specially."

Sehun watched her quietly as he scooped her ice cream. "Maybe he's shy?" he suggested.

"Maybe. But if so, he's being too shy because i can't detect a hint of interest from him at all." Sunmi sighed and buried her face into her hands. "This you know."

"Not really."

Sunmi's head shot up to glare at Sehun threateningly but Sehun raised both his hands quickly in defense. "Wait hear me out." he quickly blurted, the spoon stuck in his mouth. "Don't you think this is a great chance to kind of test Suho hyung's feelings?'

Sunmi relaxed back into her seat and blinked in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Sehun scooped another of her chocolate mint ice cream and on her spoon. "We're supposed to be a pretend couple right now because of my careless words. But what if this can be put to good use?" he brightened. "Sure, Suho hyung knows that we are pretending but that doesn't mean he can't get jealous. If Jina is pretending to date another guy and they get close and intimate, I'd get jealous too even if they weren't for real."

Sunmi cocked her head to the side as she frowned at Sehun. "He would?"

"Why not?" Sehun shrugged, the bowl clean. "Would you get jealous if Suho hyung gets touchy feelly with another girl even if they already told you that they were fake dating?"

Sunmi pictured it in her head and immediately felt repulsed. "I wouldn't like it." she admitted.

"That's right." Sehun nodded, grinning. "And maybe if Suho hyung isn't aware of his feelings yet, he will be when he sees us together all the time and something triggers the jealousy in him. Don't you think this is a good idea?" he beamed, proud of himself. "I swear, I'm getting smarter by the minute."

Rolling her eyes, Sunmi shook her head in amusement. "It does sound quite convincing." she confessed before shooting him a look. "Are you sure you're the Oh Sehun from the other world and not the Devil? This doesn't sound too angelic to me."

"It isn't evil either." Sehun reasoned. "And besides," he rubbed his palms together, grinning. "Maybe this will trigger some real jealousy from Jina and she'll fall in love with me!" he clapped in glee.

Sunmi frowned in confusion. "Doesn't she tell you how wonderful you are every single day? She's jealous enough of our fake relationship right now, is there even any need to make her more jealous?" she asked. "She very obviously likes you."

Sehun pouted. "She likes the Devil, not me. I want her to like me, Oh Sehun the nerdy boy who likes books and secretly wants unicorns to be real. Even if she isn't the Lee Jina back from my world," he sighed softly at the thought. "It'll be nice to have one of the Jinas really falling for me." he murmured.

"Can't say I understand but can't say I don't either." Sunmi smiled softly. "We sound like two very hopeless people huh?" she sighed softly. "If only love was easier."

"If love was easy, it wouldn't be as sweet would it?" Sehun relaxed against his chair and patted his tummy in satisfaction. "It's the way it is."

Sunmi eyed Sehun and grinned. "You're quite the wise guy today aren't you? Advising me about love and stuff. But let me warn you Oh Sehun, if you even dare whisper about my crush to anyone, I'll-" she narrowed her eyes.

"Kill me. I don't doubt you." Sehun squished her cheeks as she leaned forwards towards him. "Oh look at this ninja killer over here with squishy cheeks." he teased.

Sunmi pouted and pulled away from him. "Aish fine. We'll go according to your plan." she murmured. "Hopefully there'll be some reaction from Suho."

Sunmi sighed and reached out for her spoon when she caught sight of the spotlessly clean bowl in front of her with her ice cream disappearing from thin air.

She snapped her head towards Sehun who was wiping his lips in satisfaction and she let out a groan. "Oh Sehun, really? Even my ice cream??"

"Hey I paid for that!"

"You said you were going to treat me!"

"You didn't look like you were going to eat it and the ice cream was kind of begging me to..."

"Excuses."

"...Fine, I'll buy you another bowl alright?"

"No. I want that bowl back!"

"But I ate it! Should I puke it for you?"

"Ewww!"

"Exactly. So should I buy another?"

"...I want two servings."

"Make that three."