@--The Truth Behind The Lie--@ Reita 06

@--The Truth Behind The Lie--@ Reita (Sequel to Gentle Lie)

It's been a while since updated any of my current stories. Today i was feeling in a J-rock mood so i decided to update this story YAY! Its more of a filler so bare with me :D Enjoy! ~{xxxKissTheAngelxxx}~ Melissa Playing: "星の都 Hoshi no Miyako" By SID (Nice emotional song for this emotional filler!)

 

NORMAL P.O.V. ~Miaka~

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be working?” Umeko’s voice echoed through my head.

I snapped out of my daze to see Umeko playing on the floor with Hisako.

“Urr yeah,” I sighed looking down at my shipment forms and laptop.

I touched the mouse pad making my screen saver of Hisako disappear.

“Stay here okay? I’m gonna talk to your Mommy,” Umeko cooed to Hisako before getting up and sitting next to me at the living room table.

Hisako took no notice and continued playing with her building blocks. I began typing up shipment details as Umeko began analysing me.

“So Miaka what’s got you so unfocused today?” She asked leaning in to see what I was typing.

“What are you talking about? I am focused,” I retorted not looking at her

Umeko grunted, “You spelt ‘Kanagawa’ wrong, there’s no ‘F’!”

“That doesn’t mean I’m unfocused, it’s only one mistake,” I replied going back and changing it.

“You also spelt ‘Shipment’ and ‘Order’ wrong and you put a ‘2’ when you should of put a ‘7’…should I go on?!” Umeko smirked pointing to the screen.

I focused on what I had typed. She was right. Nearly every word I typed had a mistake.

“Fine, so I’m unfocused! I’m just having one of ‘those’ days okay,” I huffed while correct my spelling mistakes.

Umeko cackled sarcastically, “Ha! This is not one of ‘those days’, you’ve been spacing out all day, looking like a zombie!”

I rolled my eyes at her and continued to type.

“Jesus! You haven’t spaced out like this in ages, like that time you were locked in that hotel bathroom with….” Umeko paused then narrowed her eyes at me, “What did he do this time?”

I glanced at her quickly and continued typing, “Who?”

“The man with the Noseband!” Umeko sang, sniggering a little at the end. She obviously thought rhyming ‘Man’ and ‘Band’ was funny.

“He didn’t do anything…well apart from find my daughter which I’m a million times grateful for,” I replied as I stopped typing.

“Okayyy but I already know that part. There has to be something else,” Umeko stated plainly, tapping her nails against the table.

I exhaled hard, “Fine! It’s just the way he looked at Hisako, his eyes had such compassion. He seemed so gentle,”

Umeko ran her fingers down her face and sighed, “Is that it?! He’s gentle?!”

I nodded simply.

She shook her head at me in disappointment, “He’s always been like that, you just never got that close to him to notice, plus Hisako’s a cute kid most people look at her that way,”

“Yeah, but it feels like something more,” I refused to accept her reasoning.

“Trust me it’s not, it’s just a baby thing. Everyone has an ‘aww that baby’s so cute!’ moment,” Umeko said standing up and stretching.

I propped up my elbow on the table and rested my face on my hand, “Makes sense I guess,”

“Duh! Now stop being spacey and get some work done!” Umeko lectured me before she sat back on the floor with Hisako, who was now playing with her Teddy Bear.

“Yes mother,” I said sarcastically and began typing again.

“Oh by the way I forget to tell you, that night I met up with the guys, Misa ended up staying at Ruki’s house, alone!” Umeko gossiped giving me a suggestive grin.

“UMEKO! Why tell me that?! How am I supposed to focus now?!” I squealed glaring at her.

Umeko just shrugged then focused on Hisako playing.

I sighed and began typing again.

“Such a gossip,” I mumbled under my breath.

“And you’re as bitter Milf!” Umeko chuckled back.

I ignored her and continued typing while she played with Hisako.

REITA P.O.V.

 

I sat back on the Ruki’s sofa with Uruha’s guitar in my hands and just stared at the window.

I put my fingers on the fret board and strummed lightly, being careful not untune or break a string as Uruha would kill me if I did.

I could hear Ruki talking to someone on the phone in his bedroom. Uruha, Aoi and Kai had gone out a while ago to pick up supplies; we were having a movie night.

The front doo open and Uruha was the first through, followed by Kai and Aoi.

Uruha’s eyes widened as he realised what was in my hands.

“Put…it...down…or…you…WILL…DIE!” Uruha growled out slowly, glaring at me.

I placed it down slowly against the sofa accidently, letting the fret board hit the sofa arm.

“Nooo!” Uruha screamed running towards it.

He picked it up and began its body, “I’m sorry baby I left you!” He cooed softly to it and began kissing it.

Aoi and Kai just shook their heads at him and carried the stuff to Ruki’s kitchen.

Uruha placed his guitar back in the corner and stood in front of me with an evil glare.

I looked up at him and gave a cheesy grin.

“What were you doing with my baby?!” Uruha asked trying to intimidate me.

“Well… I was playing a little melody,” I replied sitting back in a relaxed pose.

Suddenly Kai and Aoi came running from the kitchen into the living room.

“Was Reita writing a song?!” Aoi asked amazed.

Uruha nodded yes, exaggerating slightly.

“WHOA!” Kai and Aoi gasped.

“What? I can write songs you know!” I huffed disappointed in their lack of faith in my abilities.

“We know, but you don’t,” Ruki closed his bedroom door, joining us in the living room.

He nodded at the guys then sat next to me. Ruki then put his arm around, making me feel slightly awkward.

“So what’s wrong Reita-san?” He questioned in a gentle voice.

I moved Ruki’s arm off me and glared at them all,

“So just because I make up a little melody on the guitar instead of my bass, you all assume I have an issue?!” I questioned them.

“Yeah, pretty much,” They all nodded.

I huffed and shook my head. Why do they try to analysis my feelings?

“So spill!” Aoi grinned as he, Kai and Uruha took a seat around me.

“Okay, I know this might sound weird but…I can’t stop thinking about Hisako,” I spoke truthfully.

“Miaka’s kid?! Dude you’re gross!” Kai said screwing up his face. I should have seen that one coming.

“Pedo! Pedo! Reita’s a Pedo!” Uruha sang teasing me, with Ruki dancing along.

I growled at them, “Guys you know what I mean!”

They stopped teasing me and put on their serious faces.

“Well actually…No,” Aoi replied shaking his head.

“What exactly are you thinking about?” Ruki asked resting back on the sofa.

“I’m not entirely sure…but there’s something about Hisako that just makes me warm inside. I feel like I should be there for both her and Miaka,” I replied leaning my chin on the back of my hand.

“Maybe it’s that time,” Uruha said randomly.

“Huh?” I gave him a confused look.

“Time to settle down, find the one, start a family,” Ruki answered for him.

“What, with Miaka?!” I shook my head no, “I’m sure she still hates me, even though she indebted to me,”

I was amazed they could suggest such a thing.

“No, were not saying that bu-“

“I am! She’s perfect!” Kai interrupted Uruha with a bright smile.

“If she’s so perfect, why don’t you marry her?” Aoi smiled raising his eyebrow.

“I will…that’s if Reita-san allows it!” Kai gave me a cheesy grin and a little chuckle.

I shook my head at him and looked back Uruha.

Uruha rolled his eyes at Kai and continued, “Anyway, what we were saying is, you might be ready to settle down after seeing Miaka and Hisako together.”

I took his words in. They seemed to make sense, but I still wasn’t sure.

“And the fact that Miaka’s small family has a missing link; a father to Hisako, For a beautiful child to grow up without a dad is saddening, so it calls to you. It would call to most guys,” Ruki added.

His words were true and honest; he’s such a deep person.

“I thought you weren’t to keen on Hisako?” Uruha asked curiously picking up Ruki’s sympathetic tone.

“Well words deceive, plus she keeps blowing raspberries at me, it’s not fair!” Ruki pouted folding his arms, “I’m prettier than Reita, she should like me!”

I laughed at Ruki’s attempt to make me feel bad. After all I couldn’t feel bad; I didn’t try to make Hisako like me.

“Ignoring the Drama Queen’s antics…” Aoi said getting us back to the point, “What you choose to do with that feeling Hisako gives you, make sure it’s what you want,”

I nodded solemnly.

“So…with that out the way, can we have our movie night now?” Kai yawned out.

“Oh yeah!” We chimed out, realising we forgot the plan.

We began chanting, “Movie Night! Movie Night!”

While Kai got up to make the snacks.

I couldn’t describe the feeling that Miaka’s daughter gave me, all I knew was that being around Hisako made me feel at peace.