Learning

Powers of the Ancients

Onew’s POV

Onew’s day couldn’t have gotten worse. First, he couldn’t get out any information from T.O.P. Then, that short girl, Jessica, saw and practically made us tell her information about us Infinities. In short, Onew’s day was horrible.

“Yo, planning to help me figure out who Jessica really is anytime soon?” Minho asked him.

“Yeah, yeah. Hey, she said she was adopted, right?” Onew asked.

Minho nodded. “Yeah, that’s been on my mind too. I mean now she could be anyone’s descendant.”

“According to her attitude, I bet you Aphrodite or Hera’s in her,” Onew snorted.

“Stop being so mean to her, dude,” Minho told him. “It’s not like she’s done anything to you. Besides, we don’t know if she even is Filled.”

“Whatever, man. But seriously, if our calculations are correct, then it’s time for the Infinites that are Filled to show themselves.”

“Yeah,” Minho nodded. “It’s about time.”


 

Yoona’s POV

For her entire life, Yoona feared the day Jessica would find out about Infinites. Unfortunately, that day had arrived. The most surprising part, however, was that Jessica was an Infinity too. She now wondered if her parents knew if Jessica was also an Infinity. Maybe that’s why they adopted her...

Yoona’s parents didn’t tell neither Yoona nor Jessica much about why they adopted Jessica. The only explaination was that they were friends with Jessica’s parents, and when they died, they felt like it was their responsibility to take in Jessica. Of course, her parents said, they still loved Jessica the same way they loved Yoona. Up until now, Yoona hadn’t thought much of it. Now, though? She had a suspicion that her parents knew who Jessica really was. The worst part?

Yoona was certain that Jessica did too.


“Yoon! Hello? Anybody there?” She heard a voice call out.

Yoona shook her head and replied,“Huh? What’d I miss?”

Jessica rolled her eyes and said,“Oh you know, just me trying to get some info out of you about Infinities. Nothing big.”

Ladies and gentlemen, she thought, Jessica Sooyeon Jung, the Queen of Sarcasm.

“Sorry. I was just thinking about... things,” Yoona replied.

“Mhmm, I’m sure. But whatever. I’ve been thinking too,” Jessica told her. “Explain to me more about who and what you-I mean we are.”

Yoona really didn’t want to explain, but she figured her adoptive sister had the right to know her heritage.

She sighed and began. “Alright, so in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth-”

Jessica bursted out laughing. “Isn’t that like the first sentence in the Bible?”

“Yeah, it is. Like I said, nothing is really not real. So after He created everything, everything was going well. Then one day, the Primordial gods appeared. They were the very first gods and goddesses.

The father of all the Greek gods was Chaos. He came to Earth after God created it, because as the Bible says, in the beginning, there was nothing but darkness. Eternal Chaos. So since God was the second deity in the universe, he couldn’t do anything when Chaos came to Earth.

On Earth, he gave birth to the other Primordial gods. The one that everyone knows is Gaea, otherwise known as Mother Earth. There was also Uranus, Tartarus, Erebus, Ourea, Pontus, and Eros. Gaea then gave birth to a whole bunch of things, but most importantly, she gave birth to the giants and the Titans.

The Titans’s leader, Kronos, had seven children: Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Hestia, Hades, Demeter, and Chiron. Six of the seven became the Olympians. Chiron, however, was a centaur. He taught heroes everywhere. Quite famous, actually.

Kronos had swallowed everyone of his children except for Zeus and Chiron, because there was a prophecy that told of Kronos’s son over-throwing him. However, Rhea, Kronos’s wife, hid Zeus until he was old enough and convinced him to give Kronos a concoction that would throw up his siblings. That he did and later over-threw the Titans and all the Primodials. Zeus and his siblings, Poseidon and Hades, drew lots to see who would rule what element. Zeus got the sky and air, Poseidon got water, and Hades got the Underworld-“

“Okay, too long girly. You could write a book with all this info,” Jessica complained.

“Actually,” Yoona told Jessica, “there is a book.”

“Whatever. I know the basics from there. Twelve Olympians: Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Hera, Demeter, Aphrodite, Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Artemis, Apollo, Athena, Hermes, and Hestia. However, Hades and Hestia aren’t part of the Twelve. Okay, let me guess. Angels are God’s creation that helps him with things such as messages and mortals. What I don’t get,” Jessica said, “Is how the heck we’re part Angel.”

Yoona had to admit. Jessica knew pretty much everything she needed to know. Just, you know, her heritage. No biggie. “A long time ago, a man, you probably know him as Moses, prayed to God to give him strength to get the Israelites out of Egypt. Because God knew Moses’s prayers were sincere, He accepted, and while Moses was sleeping, he inserted Angel blood in him. From there, when Moses had children, he passed down the Angelic blood. Moses’s sons passed it down to their sons and so on, until it came to us. That’s how we became Infinites.”

For a while Yoona and Jessica were both quiet. Yoona was worried that Jessica might freak out and run or do something stupid. Boy, was she wrong. When Jessica finally did say something, she said, “So Chaos had all those children himself, huh?”

That sent them both laughing til their sides hurt.

Maybe, just maybe, this’ll all turn out okay, Yoona thought.


However, in the midst of all of this, there was someone watching them.

“Sir, the spies brought in word that T.O.P. was killed by the two Infinites,” a young, new recruit told the man.

“And?”

“Well, there were two women with them. One, we’ve identified as Im Yoona, also an Infinity, and other, Jessica Jung. The second one, however, probably did not know that all of this existed. She could be quite useful, sir. We could-”

“Go know. I will do the rest. You do not need to suggest ideas to me. Leave me,” the man ordered.

Obediently, the new recruit, Kris Wu, left.

“So, this Jessica girl... She does not know much, eh? Well, well, well. This can come to my advantage,” the man murmured. “She and her little friend better watch their backs. I’ll be coming for them soon.”

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I finally updated!!! :O LOL. So this chapter was actually not very interesting, but hey! Still a chapter, right?

BTW, this is purely fiction. I am Christian, so yeah(:

Comment, upvote, and subscribe~ Thanks ^-^