An Infinity

Powers of the Ancients

It was a bright and sunny afternoon in Los Angeles, California, the kind of afternoons that Californians always get. There were thousands of visitors flying in to the LAX, people shopping in the malls in LA, and of course, there were always those kind of people that liked to stay home and sleep in.

Amongst them all were two seventeen year-olds shopping in Korea Town. The two girls' hands were beautiful, with a body that anyone would be jealous of. Their names?

Yoona and Jessica Park.

 


(Yoona's P.O.V.)

 

"Yoong! Let's go to the club place next to the Korean BBQ place we always go to!" Jessica told Yoona excitedly.

Park Yoona rolled her eyes at her adopted sister and replied,"You mean Starship?"

Jessica Park nodded her head as she pulled her sister toward Starship. Jessica was born in California, but her parents had died on a cruise, while she survived. She was put into an orphanage, but was soon adopted by the Park family. She was a couple months older than Yoona, but that didn't get in the way of their friendship. Since day one, they'd always gotten along. Jessica had long chocolate-caramel softly curled hair, and was a bit on the short side, but her attitude gave her an extra foot. She was what everyone would call a "knock-out," for her beauty could match no others... except maybe Yoona.

Yoona was at least a head taller than Jessica, and a joker. She liked to play around and play pranks on everyone, but most of all, she loved to dance and act. No one except Jessica and her other best friend, Nichkhun, knew this, and although she denied it, she was a pro at both. Yoona had long, jet-black hair with very straight hair. She -like her sister- was a goddess. She may be Korean, but almost every guy -and some girls- in all races had a crush on her.

"Whatever, Sica," Yoona said before letting Jessica drag her to their favorite club, Starship.

When they got to the entrance, they didn't even show the security guards their I.D.'s because they recognized them. Once they got inside, the chaos began. They were blinded with bright colored lights that were flashing everywhere and were knocked out of their senses with the very, very loud music. Together, the two sisters made their way to the center of the dance floor to dance their heart out.

They did exactly that for longer than they could remember. When they finally stopped to get some fruit punch, that may have been spiked by some of the more immature teenagers, Yoona saw something that caught her eye.

Across from them were two teenagers, both very well built and both dressed in all black. They were dragging a boy with bright blue hair into a storage room that said EMPLOYEES ONLY. Yoona noticed that they both had a wickedly sharp knife and a whip attached to their belts. No one seemed to notice. The worse part? Yoona recognized them.

"Jess, stay here, okay? I'll be right back." Yoona then ran to chase the two boys.

She quietly followed them into the storage room and stayed hidden while the two boys delt with the kid with the blue hair. Yoona hid behind a couple boxes and listened.

"What is your business?" One of the boys asked.

She heard the blue haired boy laugh. "You really think I'll tell you that?"

"Listen here, T.O.P.," the second boy spit out,"you can either tell us what you were doing out there, and get tortured less, or you can not tell us and die. Which do you prefer?"

More chuckling was heard. "You idiots really are dumb and oblivious, aren't you? You don't even know what's happening. You are just idiotic, stupid-"

The boy with the blue hair, named T.O.P., was silenced by a cruel whip that the first boy smacked onto him. Yoona heard him fall to the floor. She winced, for she had felt those cruel whips on her more than once.

"You were here for a reason. We know that people are walking away from the gods and Infinities," one spat out.

"We also know that you know why that reason is, and that you are part of them," his friend added in.

"Do all you want to me," T.O.P. told them. His breathing was getting heavier. "I'll never tell you."

That earned him another smack with the whip. T.O.P. in his breath sharply and closed his eyes. He went into a fetal position.

One of the boys bent down and whispered something in his ear. T.O.P. shivered and coughed out blood. "I won't tell you anything, you self-centered, stupid, oblivious idiots."

T.O.P. then whispered something in an ancient language, and his two opposers went flying to the wall behind them. He got up and and tried to run, but Yoona immediately got up and grabbed him. She took out her own knife and placed it against his throat.

"What are you hiding?" she whispered violently.

T.O.P. let out a strangeled laugh and shook his head. "I told those idiots that I won't tell them. You think I'll tell you?"

By then, the boys got up and started to go toward Yoona and T.O.P., each with either a knife or whip. They made eye contact with Yoona and their eyes widened. Yoona diverted her gaze back to T.O.P..

"Fine. You're free to go. I don't like to kill. But, you have to go out through the back door, 'cause I really don't want to get in trouble when a bloody boy walks out of this room."

The boy's eyes widened in surprised. Ignorantly, he turned around, ready to make a beeline for the back door. Unfortunately for him, the two boys struct out with their weapons and T.O.P. crumpled to the ground.

It was when a scream pierced through the room that they realized that there was a fifth person in the room. They turned to look behind them and saw a very frightened Jessica.

 


(Jessica's P.O.V.)

 

"You can... see us?" the taller boy asked, a bit suspicious.

Jessica was so frightened that she couldn't bring herself speak. Afterall, she just saw her sister and two strangers kill a young boy. How could anyone not be scared to death?

The two boys immediately broke into a super speed conversation in a language that sounded like Greek. She stared at them, confused. What was going on?

"Jessica? What exactly did you see?" Yoona asked, trying not to scare Jessica any more than she needed to be.

The boys quieted down to hear Jessica's answer.

"I-I saw you, Y-Yoona, grab him and practically allowed t-those two to kill h-him. How could you do that do an innocent person?" Jessica replied.

The shorter boy scoffed. "An innocent person? You don't even realize what you saw. He wasn't innocent. He was a -"

Yoona silenced the boy by slapping his arm... Hard.

"Ow!" he cried out.

Yoona shot him a deadly glare. "Lee Jinki, if I were you, I'd shut your mouth before I hurt you very, very badly."

The taller boy chuckled softly. He then looked at Jessica and replied,"You're sure you can see us, right?"

Jessica threw her hands in the air, in exasperation. "No," she said sarcastically,"I can't see you. I just imagined seeing you and my sister kill a blue haired boy!"

The taller one put his hands up to show that he wasn't trying to offend her. "Woah, there. I didn't mean to offend you. I had to make sure." He then turned to Yoona and asked,"Is she one of us?"

Yoona chewed her bottom lip. That meant she was nervous. Jessica had learned to read her quite well over the years. "Well, if she isn't, then she shouldn't be able to see, so I guess so."

The two boys looked at each and then back to Yoona. The boy Yoona called Jinki told Yoona,"I think you guys should come with us. It'll be easier to explain to her" -he pointed at me- "about what's going on."

Yoona hesitated, but soon nodded. "Alright. Let's go, but aren't you guys suppose to be in Korea?"

The two boys laughed and said,"You've missed a lot of things, dear Yoong. We'll explain at home."

Yoona rolled her eyes and said,"Fine."

They all started to leave through the back exit when Jessica asked,"What do you mean if I'm 'one of you guys?'"

The three of them looked at each other. It seemed like they were having a silent conversation. The boys kept motioning for Yoona to say something, but she firmly refused. This went on for about five minutes, when finally, Jessica yelled,"Hey! Are you going to tell me or not?"

With one final motion from the boys, Yoona looked at her straight in the eye and said,"You're one of us; you're an Infinity."

 


 

When the four arrived in front of a beach house about thirty minutes away from Starship, Jessica knew who the two boys were. The older one was the shorter one, whose name was Lee Jinki, but better known as Lee Onew. He was the taller one -Minho's- cousin, whom was adopted after his parents' death. The taller one was Jang Minho, who was actually a very fun, brotherly person.

From the outside, the beach house looked like a tsunami hit it. Jessica had raised an eyebrow when she saw it, but nevertheless, walked in. The inside took her breath away. It was nothing like the outside view. There was a long spiral staircase that went up to the many, many other floors, and next to it was an elevator.  As she looked around, she saw everything a person could ever want.

"Welcome to the Infinities' base in California," Minho said.

"Wow, I haven't been here in a while," Yoona said.

Jessica turned to her. "You've been here before? When?"

Yoona turned her gaze to the amazing view of the ocean. "Been here a thousand times, actually. It was always when you were at a sleepover or you thought I was at a sleepover."

"What else aren't you telling me?" Jessica asked, accusingly.

Yoona opened to say something, but Onew interrupted her. "A lot of things. Now, come on. Do you want answers or not?"

Jessica rolled her eyes and replied,"Well, then lead the way, Mr. Uptight."

Onew shot her a glare before climbing up the stairs.

"Don't mind him," Minho told her. "He's just in a bad mood because he couldn't get any info from T.O.P.."

I forced a smile and followed him, but I still felt rejected. What has she done to him?"

After many steps and a heck of a lot of twists and turns, they had finally reached their destination. It was a gigantic library that was bigger than the public library. In the middle of the library was a big, round table with several seats around it. They all took a seat in a random chair and got started.

Onew pressed a button on a remote he got from God-knows-where, and suddenly, a 3D map appeared -and floated- in the middle of the table. He pressed another button and zoomed into a small country.

"Do you know which country this is?" he asked me.

I looked closer and answered,"Isn't that Greece?"

He nodded. "Very good. That is Greece. It is where all of us are from."

Jessica laughed uneasily and said,"What are you talking about? I was born here, in Califonia."

Onew rolled his eyes and said,"Typical. What I mean is, it's where you originated from. All Infinities are originated from Greece or Rome. Mostly Greece. I suppose you know Greek mythology?"

"Zues, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Ares, Aphrodite, them? Sure. Always was interested in them," Jessica answered.

"Well, a couple thousand years ago, there was a prophecy from the Oracle of Delphi. It was said that in time, some of the Greek gods' power would be filled inside us Infinities. The Oracle prophecised that these Infinities would come when we least expected it. We believed that the time is now," Minho said, slowly.

The three of them looked at Jessica, making sure she was getting what they said. This is crazy, she thought. The Greek gods are a myth. They can't come back in the form of Infinities.

"Um, are you all mental? How could Greek gods be reincarnated into human bodies?" Jessica burst out. "This is a hidden camera, isn't it? Where's the camera?"

Yoona looked at me straight in the eye and said,"We aren't joking. Also, they aren't being reincarnated into mortal bodies. If that was the case, then the mortal bodies would burn up. No, their powers are going to be put into Infinities."

Jessica put her head in her hands. "Fine, no mortals, but then what are you?"

"What are we, Jessica," Minho corrected. "And as for what we are, we are half Angel. That's why the gods' power can rest in us. Because we are also heavenly. We have heaven's blood within us."

"What?" Jessica spat out. "You are all mental. You just told me that there are Greek gods,  but if they're real, then how can we be half angels? Is God real, or are the gods real?"

Yoona looked at me sympathically. "Sica, they co-exist. They compromise. For a while, the gods ruled, then God takes over, then the gods, etc. The time of the gods are coming again. We are part angels, although we may not wear white or have wings."

Jessica glared at them all for a while, then sighed. "Okay, fine. Let's just say that we are waiting for the powers of the Greek gods to come down into a few Infinities. Then why'd you kill T.O.P., or whatever his name was?"

The three looked at each other and talked in rapid Greek, or at least she thought it was.

Jessica rolled her eyes and said,"Hey, I'm right here, and I know you're all talking about me, so stop talking in Greek! Just friggen tell me why you killed T.O.P.!"

Onew smirked. "Well, this one's got an attitude. And to answer you're question, T.O.P. wasn't an Infinity and he was betraying us."

"This isn't helping me. If he wan't one of us, then what was he?"

"You have got to stop thinking that all myths are fake, Jessica. In fact, most are real," Minho said. "Before you came, that guy whispered a spell in the ancient language, and we got thrown into the wall. He didn't even touch us. He just whispered a spell. Think. If he's not an Infinity, what is he? Remember, most myths are real."

Spell, myths, not an Infinitity, Jessica thought. She gasped. She had an idea and she was almost certain she was right. "Were these people executed for their magic? Were they tied to a wooden pole and burned to death? Or drowned?"

All three nodded.

Jessica felt her heartbeat pick up its speed. "T.O.P. was a warlock."

 

***************************************************

That's the end of Chapter One! I hope you guys enjoyed it! The other chraracters will come soon, don't worry. I'm sorry if that was confusing. But feel free to PM or comment below any questions and I'll help you out. Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote~ :3