Snowflakes

Snowflakes

—snowflakes

Wu Kris, or Wufan, has always known that his angel—who he nicknamed Xing, considering that the mentioned male always shone brightly for him, and for the fact that he had called himself Yixing on their first meeting—would not remain his forever. Yes, Yixing had promised that no matter what, he would stay with him, but Wufan knew better than to believe those empty promises from the angel. It wasn't that the beautiful brunette was unfaithful, it was simply that he was an angel. A real one. Wufan's guardian angel—that he happened to fall in love with.

Yixing couldn't stay on Earth. He was immortal for Hell's sake—Wufan would correct you to say 'heaven's sake' in fear of insulting Yixing—, he didn't belong on Earth. He was of a much more extravagant race; a beautiful creature—the most beautiful thing Wufan had ever laid his eyes on, he would insist. He was Wufan's guardian angel for now, but he would need to move on eventually.

"Wufan, you know that you can make me stay with you, right?" Yixing had questioned one night.

The mentioned angel was dressed in nothing but Wufan's t-shirt and some boxers, and the shirt hung off Yixing's one shoulder, revealing an expanse of milky skin. Wufan had to swallow around a lump in his throat at the sight. Timidly, Wufan had responded to his angel with a soft, questioning, "How?"

"Make me yours," Yixing had simply responded. "Every angel has to stay a virgi—"

Wufan had cut him off with a panicked expression, and swooped down, capturing the brunette's lips in a kiss. The shorter male knew nothing about being subtle, or even embarrassment. Hell—excuse me, 'heavens'—, the angel was shameless, and Wufan sometimes wondered how the devious male ever got his title as an angel.

"I can't," Wufan said. "I can't take your innocence away from you,"

Yixing sighed, "Let the darkness eat away at all your ual desires, and release them upon me. It's not hard, dear; I am letting you,"

That night, they went as far as rolling around in the bed together; Wufan leaving marks on Yixing's milky skin.

Days later, Wufan found himself in the same position as that one night. If he didn't know any better, he would say that Yixing was trying to seduce him. This time, Yixing had walked up behind him, and wrapped his arms around Wufan's neck, leaning on his shoulder from behind and breathing down his neck. "Babe," Yixing cooed. Wufan froze.

Coughing awkwardly, Wufan turned, and pulled Yixing into his lap. "Did you just call me babe?"

Yixing nodded, and hummed lightly, leaning against Wufan, his lips so close to the blonde's neck. He could feel Yixing's soft breathing, and it made him feel somewhat ually frustrated. He couldn't take Yixing's innocence. He just couldn't. The angel was an angel, and he was a mere human. He couldn't spoil the angel's identity to benefit his wishes of staying with the angel forever.

That night, they slept comfortably in each other's arms.

The end was approaching, and that Wufan knew. It was Yixing's last day to stay with Wufan. He had said so at the beginning of their contract. Yixing would stay with him for six months, and leave afterwards. Back to heaven. He took him out—everywhere—, he wanted to show Yixing all the beauties of Guangzhou, if not the whole world. When they got back to Wufan's apartment, Yixing actually convinced Wufan to make him his.

That night, they made love, and Yixing faded back to heaven. But Wufan hoped that Yixing was like a snowflake, who would visit him, fade away, and then with hope and faith, he would return to his embrace.

Wufan grabbed his bag, and put the picture frame of him and Yixing down. He had a blind date to attend, and although he knew that no one would ever be as amazing as Yixing—who he still loved, after these past two years—, he managed to have the belief of maybe moving on. Getting dressed properly, Wufan drove to the place that he had promised his friend, Chanyeol, that they would meet so Chanyeol could send him off to his blind date's house.

"He's amazing," Chanyeol bragged. Wufan rolled his eyes.

'He can't be more amazing than Yixing,'

When Chanyeol gave Wufan the directions, he left immediately. He was not going to stick around with the seemingly psycho male. When his date opened the door, Wufan's jaw dropped.

"Y-yixing?" Wufan questioned. The mentioned male giggled, a devious smile appearing on his lips.

"Wufan," he crooned, ushering the other into his house. "It's been a while, hasn't it, babe?"

Wufan nodded, the pet name getting to him. "I missed you,"

Yixing flashed him a smile, and leaned over, pulling him into a kiss. Wufan was quickly reminded of the way that Yixing had moaned his name that one day, two years ago. Yixing pulled away, and winked, "I missed you too,"

There was a silence, "I'm yours, Wufan." Yixing spoke.

Wufan looked at him. "You're not an angel anymore?"

Yixing's eyes twinkled mischievously. "I'm your angel, am I not? But other than that, yes. I'm mortal now. I'm like you, and you're like me,"

Wufan blinked, "I'm not dreaming, right? You're actually here?"

Yixing's devious grin reappeared. "How about we test that, in a more... fun way than pinching?"

That night, they didn't go to the restuarant that was reserved. That night, they enjoyed each other's embrace, and for the second time, made love. And Wufan's prediction had been right. Yixing was like a snowflake, and he did end up coming back to him.

—end