Fantasy Express

You and I and the Ticking Clock of Fate

 

Du dum, du dum, da da da da da da da, du dum, du dum.

I awoke with an unfamiliar sound playing in my ears. I opened my eyes slowly, the bright lights of the train hurting my eyes. I stare out to see a blurry nothingness outside the window. Wait, what… What’s happening? Why is the outside so blurry? Is the window dirty? I try to clean the windows but it doesn’t work. Wait… am I moving? Is this what it feels like to be in a ‘car’? I’ve never really been on one, I’ve never had the chance…

Faded pictures play in the window. There is a young boy… is that Hyunwoo? And then there’s a girl… is that me? Nah, it can’t be… but it is! We’re cuddling and he’s wrapping his arms around me… Is this the future?

“Yes, Lee Jieun, it is the future.” I turn around to see an old man sitting across from me. At first, he seemed like my grandfather, but all old men look similar.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?”

“Me?” He his head slightly to the left. “My name is… well, people call me ‘Dream’.”

“Do you conduct this train?” A sly smile plays on his lips and he nods. “Oh yes, I’m the conductor...”

“Mr. Dream, what are you doing here all alone? Aren’t you lonely? Where do you take this train, anyways?”

“Me? Alone? No..” He shakes his head and does a ‘tsk tsk’ sign with his fingers. “I’m never alone. As you can see, I’m not exactly human.” His body starts to shimmer and I gasp. He now looks like a handsome young man. “I take this train everywhere. This train has no limits. As my ‘name’ says, I’m ‘Dream’, but I’m not exactly ‘Dream’. I create the dreams of a human, I mold them with my hands. This train is used to deliver all the fantasies to people’s minds while they are asleep. What you just saw is your dream, your fantasy… your possible future.”

“Possible future?”

“Yes…. That could happen… but you must wait until Hyunwoo wakes up…  But there’s another future waiting… It all depends on decisions.”

“Decisions?”

“Take it the short way or the long way… you decide..”

With that, everything started to shine a different color and POOF! I was back in a normal size. Did that really happen? I looked over at the sleeping Hyunwoo and thought back to the thing I saw in the window…

I really wish it would come true….

But there’s another year…..

I need to speed up the time.



 

Lately, I've been spending all my time searching. Searching for what, you ask? I'm searching for a way to build a time machine sorta thing. It's like a time machine, but it just speeds up time by a little... so I can be with my Hyunwoo. I've gone through amost every shelf in every room in this stupid workshop.... but no luck...

I sat in that old unmoving 'car' contraption Grandfather kept in one of the rooms and turned this little handle which rolled down the window. I pressed random buttins all over the car. Some wierd music started playing, and one time papers shot out of a little compartment and flew all over. One especially caught my eye.

It had notes all over in my grandfather's writing, and the title said, "Speed Up Time Machine." I picked it up while getting out of the car, heading toward the main workshop.

Time to start building.



 

Double Update FTW!!!!

OMG so like, I have no subscribers yet, but to all you readers, this story is only gonna be.... 3-5 chappies long.

Thanks for reading and be sure to comment and maybe click subscribe!!