Chapter Three

The broken leader!

Taemin was still sitting on the hallway of the hospital when the other three members of Shinee rushed to him, his face lacking any sort of emotions. As soon as Key saw the maknae's statuesque face, he ran to him, sat on the chair next to him and pulled the young dancer into his embrace. Though he didn't know and possibly never would know how the maknae was feeling, he could take a wild guess. He loved the leader too but not nearly as much as Taemin loved him, and Key himself was feeling suffocated. What Taemin felt, he shuddered even thinking about it. he didn't know what to say, so he just opted out with patting the other's back in a soothing way and tried to put a stop to his own emotions from overflowing. He needed to be strong for Taemin.

Key's touch seemed to finally set Taemin's emotions off. Tears poured out of his eyes and he sobbed onto the elder’s chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around the diva's thin shoulder and wept.

'Hyung...he...he would be fine..right? Please..tell me he'd be fine..' he mumbled against Key's chest.

Normally Key would've shouted at Taemin for ruining his clothes but now the situation was such that he neither noticed or cared about it. Just like Taemin, he too wanted to cry, he too wanted to throw a tantrum until someone returns Jinki back to normal. The frail body that he saw lying on the floor, with his ghost-white complexion and those horrid scars on his wrists, that wasn't Jinki. It could not be Jinki, at least not the Lee Jinki he once knew.

Jinki had always been far too perky and far too cheery for him to end up like that. The guy was a definition of bubbly and innocently childish. He wasn't supposed to feel insecure; he shouldn't have felt insecure about anything. Those words that he had cut on his wrist, they shouldn't be in his vocabulary for describing himself. Though he could be a tad bit clumsy for which key had shouted at him uncountable times, he was sort of, kind of perfect, even the diva had to admit that. He could not have asked for a better leader, a better friend or a better brother. Lee Jinki was indestructible from Key's point of view and he both loved and envied him for it.
That just couldn't be the same Jinki he knew.

Though Key saw them with his own eyes, he still could not believe that those scars on his hyung’s wrists were real. Surely he would have known, somehow, that something was wrong with Jinki, that he was harming himself in such a way. How could he not realize anything? By the looks of it, the leader had been doing this for a long time, Key should have noticed something. He blamed himself for everything.

'It's going to be okay. Nothing will happen to him Tae...'
Key didn't know when Jonghyun sat next to Taemin or put his arms around the both of them but he was glad that he did. He too needed comfort and Jonghyun's warmth around his shoulder provided just that. He looked up at the lead singer's face just to find it flooded by tears. That was to be expected of Jonghyun. He and Jinki were like peas of the same pod, both liked the same things and always sort of hung out together. They wrote songs together, sang those songs together, ate together and even played pranks on others together. So it was sort of a given that he would be affected the most by all this.
Key needed to be strong for him too. Mustering a weak smile he patted the older guy's arm he murmured,
'Yes, he'll be absolutely fine. We won't let him not be absolutely fine. Whatever troubles he's going through right now..we'll go through it with him. He'll be fine. ‘He said again and again as if by doing so it'll be the truth.

Minho came and sat next to Key and he too joined in the group hug. That set off Key, because Minho wasn't supposed to be all emotional. He didn't do hugs and even he was broken by what happened to their leader. It felt as if someone had snatched away the ground under them; he felt helpless and tears finally flowed.
Minho too cried.

They all cried until the door to the emergency room suddenly opened, making them all jump up. Minho was the first to reach the doctor and he charged the middle aged bald man about his hyung's condition.

'What's wrong with him doctor? Why did he faint? Is he alright now? Can we meet him?'

The doctor looked flustered and confused by all the questions being thrown at him, seeing that Key went next to Minho and patted his shoulder.
'It's okay. Let me talk to him.'
He then turned to the doctor and with the most polite tone he asked,
'How is he doctor?'

The doctor finally seemed to understand the question and his confused expression turned into a much serious one.
'Are you the guardian of Mr. Lee?'
Though Key wanted to say yes, he knew he couldn't. No matter how many times he's played umma to the whole group, he just wasn't old enough to be their guardian.
'I need to speak to his guardian. Have you informed his parents?'

'But they are out of town now doctor. We can call our manager though...would that be okay?' Jonghyun piped in, his hands still wrapped around Taemin's shaking form. When the man nodded in agreement, he motioned for Minho to make the call and before he even did, Minho's phone was already out and against his ear.

'Is hyung okay though? Is he out of danger?' Taemin's frail voice awakened the umma nature in Key and he was next to Taemin in no time, joining Jonghyun in comforting him.

'Are you a family member?'

Were they? Hell yeah! Shinee was a family. So they all nodded and the doctor sighed before continuing.

'Well, I'll explain everything when the guardian comes but as for now...all I can say is that his condition does not seem to be too good. Mr. Lee is extremely malnourished and he seems to have lost a lot of blood. His body was frail as it is but added the exertion, his condition worsened. We need to keep a watch on him for the next 24 hours and if by than his condition stabilizes, he'll be out of danger.'

Taemin gasped and was sobbing against Jonghyun once again. Key felt his heart drop to the floor and Jonghyun was crying too. Minho's phone dropped from his hand as he too gasped in utter horror.

'What if...if it doesn't...what?'

The Doctor seemed to understand his ramblings and replied,
'Well anything can happen if it doesn't. We are not too sure. I have to warn you all for bad news.'

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Omg...another chapter done....(a tad bit short though.....sorry :( )

Anyway....as usual this is another angsty chapter....so as a compensation....here's some gifs....

LOL...a bit of onho LOL....Jinkiki looks so adorable <3

DUBUTTAKBAM~ I wanna try it too :D

HUZZAH~

gah~ why so adorable????? I so wanna lie next to him and just cuddle him to death :P

GOD! Why you so perffect Jinkiki?

D'awwwwww Ontae's back back back <3

>.<

The way Taebaby looks at Jinkiki <3 true love right there...

LOLOLOLOL Key's moment of clinginess with Meanho LOL ( i joke...I live minho too <3)

 

 

:D :D :D :D

WHY SO SERIOUS?

CHU~ is that for Taemin??? I think so....HEHEHHEHEHE

<3 . <3 falling in love all over again...

HIS FACE THOUGH? LOLOLOLOL............he wants to eat Taemin ( or should I say Taeman?) <3

That is all from me......jinkisses for all <3