Up on the roof

Up on the roof

Every day is the same with this company and that is work, work, and work. As one of SHINee’s choreographers it is expected to work long hours. I didn’t mind though I got to work with SHINee and sometimes I even get to help out with super junior. The person I know the most is onew, we went to the same high school and somehow ended up working with each other 3yrs ago. We just have a weird connection with each other, probably because we are so similar. Similar as in we are both way to goofy for our age but also wise beyond our years. Today was one of those days where when one thing goes wrong the whole day just goes downhill. We were practicing for about 5 hrs without break or food and it just wasn’t coming together. Normally me, taemin, and my other dance partner was enough to come up with something but not today. This comeback was too important and pressured that we had to get the help of the whole group. I wasn’t the type to give up and have a break but if I don’t get to eat something now I’m going to fall into pieces. I had to speak up for the sake of everyone’s health and my stomach ,” ok guys this is obviously not working , I think it’s best to have food break to regain our energy because I’m going to fall over if I don’t get something to eat.” I heard a simultaneous sigh of relief so I took that as a yes. I grab my water and sit on the floor next to my bag then suddenly remember what today was. No wonder I was having a bad day, today is THAT day. I couldn’t help but turn solemn thinking about it. I could feel someone next to me but I decided not to pull my head up. The stranger said,” Soo Jin, want to have lunch with me?” I look up to see onew looking at me with his head titled to the side. I couldn’t seem to smile; all I could do was nod slightly. We both got up and he grabbed his bag and I started to walk to little kitchen set up we have in the next room over. Onew on the other hand was walking in the other direction. Why is he walking that way when the food is definite where I am walking? He turned and saw that I wasn’t following him then grabbed my wrist with a very onew smile on his face. I didn’t resist because it was rare to have him be so, well “grabby” with me. I liked this side of him as much as I loved his humble/modest side. His silky hair bounced side to side as he walked. The sweat on his back made his shirt stick to him allowing me to see some of his back muscles. I was staring so intently that I just noticed we were walking up stairs. I furrowed my brows in confusion and asked,” Oppa where are we going?” he turned with a smile and a finger to his lips. After a while of stairs I noticed we were headed toward the roof. Why the roof of all places. When we reached the door to the roof he turned to me and put his hands on my eyes while he whispered,” it’s a secret so no peaking.” I nodded. I could hear the door opening and the gravel crunching under my sneakers. Something smelled really good, what exactly was it though? He asked,” are you ready?” I replied.” I’ve been ready oppa.” His hands left my eyes and i saw a picnic blanket sprawled out with a spread of food on it. The thing was it was all my favorite foods, rice, dumplings, and meat wraps with a multitude of sides. We remembered, even the picnic blanket was my favorite color, blue. This was the most romantic and sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, I couldn’t resist tears falling. He looked surprised at the tears and stood in front of me trying to wipe them away. When I looked up at him, the concern on his face made me cry even more. He was in a panic now, he tried turning to go get some napkins when I grabbed his arm and launched myself at him. I was hugging him as hard as I could with my face in his chest. His whole body froze in shock, I pulled away and said,” thank you so much this is the best thing anyone has ever and will do for me.” I smiled back at me and said,” Let’s eat,” we sat down on the blanket and started to pig out, considering we were starving. He was always good to me, feeding me, and wiping up the messes I made. I was starting to get full so I stopped starring at the food and started looking at onew. I didn’t want to look away; I’ve spent so long rejecting my feelings for him that it sort of hurt looking at him. In a sense I felt like I was hurting his fans. He looked up from his food to see me starring but I couldn’t look away. At first he was smiling but after noticing I was still staring he started to stare to. I started to feel embarrassed so I turned my head. His large hands cupped my face and turned it towards him. My face so hot I thought it was going to melt off. He looked into my eyes once more before moving my face to his. He was kissing me, actually kissing ME! It was very soft, but it was also short; his lips tasted a little like rice. He pulled away and dropped his hands really fast. He turned away from me; I could see his ears were as red as my face. I turned the same direction as him and scooted closer. I grabbed his hand in mine and we sat there for a long time listening to the traffic below.