Chapter 8

The New Student

 

The next day Daehyun made sure to put Youngjae's toy into his school bag before he left for school so he would have a reason to talk to the younger.
At school Daehyun noticed that Yongguk was around Youngjae even more and he really didn't like it. Youngjae would also completely ignore him in class I bet Yongguk told him to not speak to me. It's annoying me and its not even been a day yet. I hope he doesn't stay like this for long.  little did Daehyun know but Youngjae was also missing spending time with him. He liked it when he was with Daehyun even when he did those things and he had an idea why he did - love. Youngjae knew he loved Daehyun but thought that he was only a toy for Daehyun because he has heard some people talk about Daehyun sleeping with lots of people and he has seen it. He didn't want to get hurt by the older and even if he wanted to talk to Daehyun he couldn't because Yongguk wouldn't let him. Since the last time the three were together Yongguk has quite possessive and honestly it annoys Youngjae but he knows that Yongguk is only trying to protect him and for that he is thankful he was able to become his friend but he is also sad about it because he knows Yongguk loves him but Youngjae loves Daehyun. If you could choose who you get to love Youngjae would prefer Yongguk instead of Daehyun but it’s not like that, it's not your choice.
At lunchtime Youngjae waited for Yongguk to come to his class so they could go to lunch together as usual but Yongguk wasn't there.  That’s strange his normally here within a minute or so. I guess I'll g to his class  so Youngjae made his way through the halls to Yongguk’s class which wasn't that far away. When Youngjae got to Yongguk’s class he saw the older still working so he quietly made his way over. "Hey" Youngjae said as he grabbed a seat near him and pulled it up to Yongguk’s desk. “Hey, sorry I couldn't come to you I have to finish of some work and I thought the quicker I finish it the more time we can have together but it might take a while still. Do you mind going to lunch without me." Yongguk said as he scratched the back of his head "just for today" he added. He didn't like leaving Youngjae alone because Daehyun might try to talk with Youngjae and he thinks Daehyun is just trouble waiting to happen. "Ok" Youngjae put the chair back to where it was and waved goodbye to Yongguk who waved a goodbye back.
Youngjae didn't mind going to the cafeteria without Yongguk because when he is there he still has people who he can sit and talk to but he just felt a bit lonely without the other beside him. After Youngjae got food he went to his usual seat and started eating and talking about little things such as games and school with Zelo and Jongup. Once a few minutes past he noticed someone seat next to him and he looked expecting to see Yongguk, however he saw Daehyun next to him. Youngjae was happy but also slightly scared because he knew when he ignored the older it irritated him and he thought it was because he wasn't getting the attention he wanted, which was partly true. Jongup and Zelo were surprised Daehyun sat at their table because lately he has been sitting on different tables and ignoring them. They thought that Yongguk and him were angry with each other because whenever Daehyun would walk by them Yongguk would shot him daggers with his eyes. And if the two were fighting they knew they haven't made up yet because Daehyun is here when Yongguk isn't. Daehyun lifted up a bag with Youngjae robot toy in it and said to the younger "You left this at my house." With that he passed it to him ad left. Is that it. He isn't even going to apologies or say something about me ignoring him. Does he really not care... No ,no he must if he actually went out of his way to give this back to me. Or maybe he was going to forget about me  the more Youngjae kept thinking about what happened the more upset he seemed to get which apparently wasn't noticed by Zelo who asked if he was alright to which he replied of course. Again Youngjae heard the chair next to him be pulled out and Yongguk sit down. "So why did Daehyun come over, his been sitting with others and ignoring us lately?" Jongup asked as he shoved another spoonful of food into his mouth ad before Youngjae could answer Yongguk spoke "Daehyun was over here? What did he do Youngjae?" Youngjae knew Yongguk was getting angry by the look in his eyes "yes but he only give this back to me because I accidentally left it at his house when you brought me out." Yongguk only nodded in return and begun to eat. The rest of the time was silent except a few times when Jongup or Zelo started speaking about what they were doing the up coming weekend and asked if Yongguk and Youngjae would like to join them to which they both said yes.
 
On the weekend the boys meet up at Zelo’s house and are then driven to an amusement park by Zelo’s mum. When they were finally there they went on as many rides as they could and ate as much as they could but when it got to 5:00 Yongguk had to pick his brother up from basketball club so he left then leaving the three boys together. They stayed for an extra hour and a half or so. When they went home they took the train instead of being driven and Youngjae left Jongup and Zelo after their last train because they lived in different directions and Jongup was going to stay around Zelo’s house. 
 
On Youngjae's way back home he saw Daehyun and slows down just a bit to think.  I could probably go talk to him since Yongguk isn't here and I want to. so Youngjae walks over to Daehyun who ignores him even though he knows the older has seen him. Youngjae tried to get his attention by calling his name but was still ignored, eventually he just pulled Daehyun arm to make him turn and face Youngjae which he does. “Why were you ignoring me, Daehyun?” Daehyun scoffs at this a little. “You have been ignoring for days and didn’t even give me the chance to apologize, so why should I listen to you now.” Once Dahyun said that he turned to walk away but was pulled back again by Youngjae. “It’s not like  wanted to ignore you. Yongguk wanted me to because he thought you was going to hurt me.” Youngjae's vision was starting to get blurry because of tears that were beginning to form. Daehyun saw this and put his hand on the others cheek and raised his head so Youngjae was looking into his eyes. “I’m not going to hurt you Youngjae. All what I done before was to get your attention and I thought it would work since t did with others but your different Youngjae and I love you for that.” To emphasis his point he leaned forward to place a gentle and innocent kiss onto Youngjae’s lips. “Really hyung? There are a lot of rumours about you, you know. That you always get what you want and throw it away once you've lost interest. Promise i'm not going to be another thing you throw away and forget. Promise.” The tears slowly fell down Youngjae chubby cheeks but he was feeling a few emotions. He was happy because the one he loves has said that they love him but he is also sad because he doesn't want to put all his trust into Daehyun and for him to then act as if he didn't know Youngjae. “I promise, Youngjae.” Youngjae put forward his pinky finger and waited for Daehyun to do the same. Daehyun laughed slightly by Youngjae’s childishness but entwined their fingers anyway and kissed Youngjae’s forehead. Even though Youngjae was very happy he still couldn't help but wonder why Daehyun was cold to him at lunch time. “Daehyun. Why were you like that at lunch?” “Like what?” “hmm.. kinda cold towards me, I guess.” Daehyun and explained “Simple, my dear Youngjae, it was because I thought if I acted like that you would wonder why and I would be the one you were thinking of.” Youngjae blushed slightly. “That’s silly.” “I know but it worked obviously and you love me.” “Yes, I love you.”
 
Daehyun offered to walk Youngjae back hoe so the two are now doing that when Youngjae remembered that Yongguk wouldn't be happy if he found out Youngjae went to Daehyun and that they are now dating so he thought of a way he can get Yongguk to be happy when he finds out and that is to make Yongguk fall for another. Though, Youngjae doesn't know many people that Yongguk may like so he asks Daehyun and luckily he does.
 
Once Youngjae got home he hugged Daehyun as a good bye, went to his room and sent a text to Yongguk.
 
To: Yongguk
From: Youngjae
Hey, do wanna go out with me and some friends for dinner tomorrow?
 
Youngjae put his phone down, changed into his pajamas and laid back on his bed to think about what happened today. The thought brought a smile to his face but the thought were interrupted after a few minutes when his phone buzzed so he went to check it.
 
To: Youngjae
From:Yongguk
Sure. What time?
 
To: Yongguk
From: Youngjae
Around 6:00pm
 
To:Youngjae 
From: Yongguk 
Ok, see you then
 
Youngjae laid back down on his bed and went to his dreamland whilst Daehyun was at his own house asking his friend about tomorrow as well and he agreed. Daehyun was so happy about today because he got Youngjae to talk to him again and even better – date him.  life couldn't be better than it is right now. he went to bed, closed his eyes and also dozed off.