Impermanence

Impermanence

Sooyoung was not feeling well. One could say she was a bit under the weather. She didn't have a cold or cough but she was just not feeling right. She wasn't alone though. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Yoona were in the dorms as well. The other four were somewhere else. Seohyun, Sunny, Yuri, and Jessica were doing their own stuff, busy with their own assignments. They would be home soon so the other four are preparing something for them. And since it was Valentine's Day, they were also making sweets.

She was lying on her bed while the others shuffled about the dorm and into the kitchen. She could hear they're excited voices as they tried on this new delicacy. One of the Sones gave them a recipe for a sweet treat. It was called Leche Flan.

She closed her eyes as she feels a headache coming.

 

Taeyeon and the others were in the kitchen. She and Hyoyeon were especially excited to try and make this new treat. It was a bit high on calories but it was once a year. It wouldn't hurt them, besides, they dance every time. It won't affect them at all. Shockingly enough, they allowed Tiffany in the kitchen. She was baking cupcakes. Right now, the cupcakes were in the oven. Yoona was trying to learn how to bake as well so she was watching Tiffany with her other Unnies.

"Okay. Let's start with this. That Sone was nice to give as her recipe. And she said it was sweet, too." Hyoyeon said. 'Soo likes sweets...' she thought.

Tiffany and Yoona also tried to help. They took the carton of eggs from the fridge and some condensed milk. Taeyeon took coffee mix from the cupboard... actually it was Yoona that did it.

 

(A/N: Sorry. I couldn't help it. Taeyeon is just so fun to tease. I get teased by my height too so no harm should be done. ^-^v)

 

Taeyeon skillfully cracked the egg but as the instruction said, she didn't combine both the white and the yolk. When she had cracked the egg, she let the white pour on a bowl and opened the shells. She used the two broken shells to cradle the yolk until the only the yolk was left. She transferred the yolk on a separate container. Hyoyeon successfully did it. Tiffany and Yoona managed but a little of the whites were poured in.

"Don't worry. The instruction said that it'll taste a bit better if there were a few whites in there. Let's continue." Taeyeon reassured.

Taeyeon was making the syrup with coffee. She placed it on the pan and added sugar and water for it to dissolve. After a bit of stirring until there were no particles visible, the syrup was done. She handed to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon began putting them on trays. They used the actual shaping trays but aluminum could also be used. To add more shape, they used the cupcake foils and she evenly distributed the syrup in each foil.

Tiffany and Yoona were watching the cupcakes and helping Hyoyeon and Taeyeon. So far nothing has gone wrong. Yoona was helping Hyoyeon while Tiffany helped Taeyeon.

"Okay. It said mix the nine egg yolks with two small cans have condense milks. That's a lot of sweets. I'm so thankful the fan gave as the recipe. I would want to know what is in the food we are eating. They mixed it and until it was mixed perfectly, they poured it on the syrup layered cupcake foils.

"Okay. Let it settle in the steam pot so it would solidify. After that, put it in the refrigerator so it will be cold."

They left the kitchen as they finished making the sweets. The food was prepared as well. The only factor missing is the people. The members prepared their dorm for the celebration.

 

After a few hours

"We're home." The members turned their attention from the television to the door. Taeyeon was about to welcome them when Tiffany beat her to it.

"Jessi!" Her loud voice echoed in the dorm as she raced towards the door to greet Jessica.

"Ya! We're here, too." Sunny said as she brightly smiled at the bubbly and loud girl. She walked in after removing her shoes and wore her slippers. Taeyeon stood up.

"Hi, Sunbun." Taeyeon said as she hugged Sunny.

"I'm home, Taengoo." Sunny said as she returned the hug.

"Yoong!"

"Yul!" Yoona and Yuri both hugged each other as well. Needless to say, it was time to reunite and spread love.

"Hey, Seo. How was the shoot?"

"It was good, Unnie. I managed to do well. Is Sooyoung unnie better?" Seohyun asked.

"She's better, I'm sure. She slept for a long while so she should be feeling better than this morning."

"Guys, let's prepare our Valentine's Day with each other, shall we? Celebrate with the family first and off we can go if you guys want." Taeyeon announced. Seohyun helped with the preparation right away while the others change to a more comfortable wear.

 

Later that afternoon

 

"Soo..."

"..."

"Sooyoung..."

"...n?"

"It's time to eat. Are you feeling better?"

"... A bit." Sooyoung opened her eyes and turned to see Hyoyeon looking at her worriedly.

"Do you want me to bring the food here?"

"No. I'm fine. I can join you guys. I'm feeling better." She tried to sit up but she couldn't. So she turned to her side and curled up. She used her arm to prop herself up successfully.

"Help me?" She said to Hyoyeon sleepily. She didn't know if she was just tired but the girl was a bit pink as she nodded and helped her up. They made their way to the living room where everything was ready.

"Oh, are you feeling better?" Jessica asked, sitting near the table.

"Yeah. And you know me. I won't miss any meal with you guys if I can." Sooyoung gave them a bright smile, a bit weak but it was strong in their eyes.

They began their meal. Sooyoung ate a lot as usual and kept eating while the other members chatted the time away. She finished and moved from the table to the couch behind them. She sat up and took a pillow, hugging it tightly. She closed her eyes and listened as long as she can. The meal was very satisfying and now she was sleepy.

"Hyo, could you help me?" She heard Taeyeon say. Shuffling of feet on the floor and Tiffany's giggling was heard.

"You should try it Jessi! We made it together." Sooyoung opened her eyes to see Tiffany giving Jessica a serving of the Leche Flan. Hyoyeon was about to give Sooyoung one as well when Sooyoung left for her room.

"I'm a bit tired, guys. I'll be in my room." Hyoyeon was worried.

"Go on." Hyoyeon turned to see Taeyeon motioning her to go ahead. She nodded her head and carried the treat to Sooyoung's room.

"Okay, guys. I'll clean up. Go on with your plans." Taeyeon said as she started cleaning.

"I'll help." Sunny said. Yoona and Yuri went to their room. Jessica and Tiffany to Tiffany's room, and Seohyun to her own so she could study.

"Oh, kids. Don't spill any Leche Flan on the floor. I won't clean it." She received "ne" from the members.

 

Taeyeon was washing the dishes. They were piled up on one side of the sink and she was scrubbing the plates with soap. Sunny came behind her and wound her arms around Taeyeon's body. She rested her head on Taeyeon's back.

"Tired?" Taeyeon asked as she washed the soap from the dishes. Sunny nodded a bit.

"But it was fun spending Valentine's with the members. And the Leche Flan was really good."

"Yeah. One of the fans sent it to us." Comfortable silence hung in the air. Sunny just continued back hugging Taeyeon. Her hold was tight but it was very soothing.

Taeyeon moved a bit so she could dry her hands.

"Let's go to bed?" Sunny let go of Taeyeon and it was Taeyeon turn to hug Sunny. When they got to their room, Sunny laid on her bed.

"I'm going to clean up for a bit."

"Hm..." Taeyeon looked at Sunny before heading to the bathroom. She stopped in her dresser to get some clothes. She gave one more look to Sunny's sleeping form before she got in the shower.

Taeyeon got out after. She saw Sunny was already sound asleep. She hopped on her own bed and sat on it for a while, looking at Sunny. She got down from her bed and fixed it. Taeyeon moved to Sunny's bed. She took the blanket and snuggled to Sunny's back. She brought the blanket up. Taeyeon froze when Sunny turned. She couldn't help but smile as Sunny hugged her, snuggling.

Taeyeon was awake for a bit as she embraced Sunny tightly.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Sunny..." She kissed Sunny's forehead before drifting off to her own sleep.

"Love you... Tae..." A kiss on the lips.

 

Jessica and Tiffany entered her room.

"Are you sure you made that?"

"Of course! Why? Can't believe it?" Tiffany had a smirk.

"What exactly did you do?"

"I cracked opened eggs and separated the whites from the yolk. And I helped Taeyeon mix the yolks with the condensed milk. I also baked the cupcakes."

"Hm..." Jessica was clearly thinking. Tiffany waited for her to say something. But when Jessica didn't, she didn't say anything.

"What are you thinking about?"

"I have to get better at cooking, too. I can't just make fried rice all the time while you make sweets. It won't be healthy."

"But your fried rice is pretty good. You've improved a lot." Tiffany said as she gave Jessica a zestful smile.

"You, too."

They sat for a while on Tiffany's bed. Jessica held Tiffany's hands in her own, looking at them as she played with them and caressed them a little. Tiffany just gazed at Jessica. She reluctantly held Jessica's hand tighter, which made the girl look at her. She let go of Jessica's left hand and use her right to balance herself with one hand as she leaned in. She didn't lean in fast. And she could see that as she leaned in, Jessica's eyebrows furrowed.

She stopped midway just to see her reaction. Tiffany looked at Jessica's lips and back to gaze at her eyes. She leaned in again and this time, their lips touched. Her eyes were somewhat opened and she could see that Jessica's eyebrows were indeed furrowed before closing her own. But when she leaned in, Jessica's eyes closed already and that made her smile. Tiffany leaned in more and this made Jessica's back to land on the bed smoothly and gently.

 

Yoona and Yuri were somewhat ahead of Jessica and Tiffany.

"I had the Sones app on my phone and guess what I found." Yoona said as she gazed at Yoona's eyes. She was lying on top of her.

"What app is it?"

"Soshi house. Guess what? Our kissing scenes are one of the past topics this week."

"Eh? We don't kiss in public." Confusion could be seen on Yoona's face which made Yuri laugh.

"Not us. The kissing scenes from our dramas. Even Jessica's. You know, when we filmed Strong Heart."

"Oh."

"Can't say anything?"

"But you're kissing scene was there too!"

"Yours seems more..."

"Are you jealous?" Yuri held Yoona's look.

"It was beautiful, really. I only...." Yuri mumbled the net part.

"What did you say, unnie?" Yuri breathed deeply before using both her arms to prop herself up on Yoona.

"I only wished that it was with me." Yoona smiled. She raised her right hand first to rest it on Yuri's cheek then brought the other to rest on the opposite.

"Can I kiss you now?" Yoona asked innocently. Yuri studied Yoona's face before positioning herself properly before leaning in to kiss. The kiss was simple. Their lips were just touching. It was unlike the kiss any of them showed in the dramas. Yuri pulled away. She rested her head on Yoona's chest while Yoona's face was red and a bit dazed but embraced her nonetheless.

"Good night, Yoong."

 

Hyoyeon entered Sooyoung and Jessica's room. She saw Sooyoung wrapped under the blankets.

"Soo, do you want some of this?" Hyoyeon placed the plate of the sweet treat in Sooyoung's sight. Sooyoung wanted to try it really badly but she really wasn't feeling well.

"I'm sorry. I don't feel good right now."

"Oh. Well, okay. I'll put this in the fridge for you."

"Wait." Hyoyeon turned back to Sooyoung who was sitting up.

"Maybe a little." Hyoyeon smiled and gave the small saucer to Sooyoung. She offered a spoon with another and she sat by the bed.

She watched Sooyoung take half a spoonful. Sooyoung smiled widely and took another bite. She finished them right away. She felt much better. She was able to go to the kitchen to put it in the dishwasher. She saw that it wasn't used. She went back to Hyoyeon to ask.

"Hyo, I thought Taeyeon washed the dishes."

"They were washed, weren't they?"

"Yeah, but she didn't use the dishwasher."

"Taeyeon loves to think. And besides, Sunny was with her." Sooyoung nodded before going back to her bed under the covers.

"Okay. I'll go prepare for bed." Hyoyeon stood up and made her way to the door.

"Hyo." Sooyoung called out and managed to run up to her near the door. Hyoyeon was a bit shocked to see Sooyoung a bit dizzy because she got up immediately.

"Ya. You shouldn't have gone up immediately. Does your head hurt? How about your eyes?" Sooyoung nodded to her before Hyoyeon helped her back to her bed and under the covers.

"What is it?" Hyoyeon asked and Sooyoung sat up right away, surprising Hyoyeon.

"Thank you." Hyoyeon was a bit dazed as she felt lips on her cheek. Sooyoung lay back down and covered herself up to her nose, a faint blush on her cheeks. Hyoyeon walked out the room slightly dazed and when she snapped out of it, she raised her hand to touch her cheek. She didn't touch it directly but she could still feel the kiss and the contact. She smiled to herself.

"That shikshin..."

 

Seohyun was on her bed. It was almost night and she was able to spend a couple of hours studying more. She read some books after studying and her phone vibrated, indicating a message. She read it.

"Are you free tomorrow?" It was a message from Yonghwa.

"Ne. What did you had in mind?" She sent back.

"Since you might have wanted to spend Valentine's Day with your Unnies, I wanted to ask if you could spend it with me together. Even if it will be a little late." There was uncertainty even in his texts and that made her smile a bit. She agreed.

"See you tomorrow then." She closed her phone and lay on her bed. Hyoyeon came in.

"Oh, Seo, why do you look so happy?"

"Unnie, Yonghwa asked me to celebrate Valentine's Day tomorrow."

"Ah. Well, be safe okay. I'll prepare for bed now." Seohyun watched as Hyoyeon walk in the bathroom.

 

A/N: How was that guys? It was my first time writing something like this and I'm happy about it. What did you notice? I was trying to convey something but I wasn't sure if I got it all right and if you guys would catch onto it. Anyway, I hope you love and enjoyed reading this. I know I enjoyed writing it.

Did you guys vote for the girls at Ryan Sea Crest’s blog thingy? I already did. There's a link in soshified. I learned about it from the Soshi House app in iPhone. Oh, and the kissing scenes too. I was a bit frustrated with the video with Jessica, Yoona, and Yuri's kisses. I could see that it was their first time on camera but it looked cute nonetheless. Not the pairing, I meant them and their reactions. ^~^

Well, that's enough from me. See you guys around. I'm back. Oh, the KT Angel will be updated some time tomorrow. ^-^v