To Act As If Nothing Is Wrong

Goddess

Nicole wasn't sure what she was expecting when she walked into class on Monday. Before this weekend, Ms Im was her teacher - just a regular woman. Now, she knew that Ms Im was an immortal woman who had stopped aging at 16 (a year younger than Nicole and the same age as Jiyoung) because she lives with a goddess! It was crazy; Nicole was a smart girl, and she definitely did not want to believe this. It made no sense. So for some reason when she walked into class on Monday and saw Ms Im at her desk acting like nothing had changed she was shocked.

Slowly Nicole slid into her seat, Ms Im watching her just as intensely as Nicole was watching her. "How are you today, Nicole?" 

"F-fine....I'm fine, Ms Im." Nicole struggled to get the words out. Why was she always the first person to get to class?

"Please, call me YoonA," she replied, picking up on the fact that Nicole was uncomfortable. "I think we're comfortable enough that you don't have to use such formal language."

"Well everything I thought I knew about you, my teacher, has been turned upside down," Nicole blurted out. Walking on eggshells was exhausting, and Nicole didn't like to hold things in.

Before YoonA could say anything else Hara, Seungyeon, Jiyoung, and Zinger burst into the classroom. The four of them took their regular seats. Hyosung, Ji Eun, and Sunhwa weren't far behind. Nicole smiled at her friends, relaxing into her seat. She swore she could feel YoonA looking at her.

"We don't have much time left before this year is over," Jiyoung started, talking fast so she could finish talking before Ms Im decided to start class, "and next year is...."

"Our final year!" All of the girls said at the same time. Hara groaned.

"All we'll be doing is studying. It's going to ," Hara whined. "We won't have time for any vacations! And I heard the entrance exams are killer. I think I might drop out and get married to an idol."

Jiyoung gasped. "Unnie!"

"Well, you don't have anything to worry about, you skipped a grade! You're a genius." Hara playfully shoved Jiyoung, who cried out like she had been punched.

Seungyeon absently smiled. All she could think about was how her and Jiyoung had read that book from front to back last night, and the things they had discovered from it. If what that book said was true....

"Seungyeon!"

Seungyeon jumped, accidently bumping her knee into her desk. The girls laughed.

"You're always spacing out!" Hyosung giggled. "It's like you're an alien."

"I was trying to ask you if you're freaked out about next year and all of those entrance exams for university," Ji Eun said carefully. She could tell something was up with her friend.

"No. I'll just have to study hard and drink lots of coffee, so I don't have to sleep," Seungyeon chirped.

"I won't get into any university, my parents will disown me!" Hara cried out dramatically. Ironically Hara was playing on her phone as she said this.

"If you're so concerned about passing exams next year you should get off your phone and be prepared to pay attention in class," YoonA said airily.

The whole class turned their attention to the front of the room, except for Hara who was still playing with her phone and Sunhwa who was trying to ignore Hara but failing miserably. Hara did that everyday, though. It was part of the class routine. 

Everything had changed, and yet at the same time....

Nothing had changed. Or at least, that was what they wanted to act like.

But, Seungyeon and Jiyoung knew something no one else knew....except for Gyuri.

What Seungyeon, Jiyoung, and Gyuri knew was going to rock YoonA's world for one last time. YoonA wouldn't be able to pretend like nothing was wrong after that....

 ...Because Im YoonA would be dead.