Shock

Goddess

"Thank you. You really don't have to come over here so much....I'm sure you have much better things to do with your time."

"It's no problem, dear. When I heard about your little sister YoonA, and how long she's been sick, I just had to do something! I've just finished dinner. You sit down and eat! I'll be back tomorrow." The woman paused. "We are all praying for YoonA."

"W-what? I'm not sick...why is everyone praying for me?" YoonA sat up, but quickly got back down. Her head was killing her! "Where am I?" YoonA wondered quietly.

Okay, YoonA, she thought, You've got to get out of bed and figure out what's going on.

The last thing she remembered was drowning. Was she in heaven? She had to be! She couldn't swim, and she hadn't seen Gyuri coming to save her. But, Gyuri wasn't a normal human - she was a goddess. So if YoonA was in heaven...

Ignoring the pain, she kicked the blankets off, and ran out of the bedroom she had been in. When YoonA reached the kitchen, Gyuri was sitting at the dinner table, poking at a steak and softly singing to herself.

"Gyuri?" YoonA said, wincing at how much it hurt to speak. The goddess gasped, and her eyes bulged. Gyuri grabbed the edge of the dinner table so hard her hand turned white.

"YoonA. You're awake."

"...Yes, I am. And first of all I would like to know where I am." YoonA sat across from Gyuri, and cut herself a piece of the steak. She was starving.

"We're in Hawaii," Gyuri replied. "It's an island in America."

YoonA's jaw dropped.

"After you drowned, I used my powers to heal you. But I didn't know how weak humans were." Gyuri scoffed and flipped her hair over her shoulder. YoonA narrowed her eyes. "So anyway, you were alive but you weren't breathing. Even though I'm not a mortal, gods and goddesses still have weaknesses, and we can still die. We just have more resistance than humans do. I swam for days with you, barely breathing and useless, hanging on my back. I didn't know where Korea was - I had no idea which direction to swim in. Eventually I saw land, and I decided to settle there.

Later I discovered it was called Hawaii, and it was apart of America. I met a couple of nice older women who cooked dinner for me and helped me learn English. You were still barely alive. Of course they had questions about the young girl sleeping in my bedroom who was always asleep. I made up a story about you being my baby sister who was sickly; I brought you to America for better medical treatment."

YoonA's hands were shaking. She was shocked - all of this was to much for her to take in. Oh, God; what was her mother thinking? What were all of her friends thinking? YoonA had just woke up a few minutes ago, but she was already homesick. She longed for her mother's warm hugs, her delicious fruit smoothies, Hyoyeon's smooth dance moves, Seohyun's innocence, Sooyoung and Yuri and Jessica and Taeyeon and Tiffany - she'd never see any of them ever again! YoonA burst into tears.

Gyuri watched silently.

"You," YoonA started shakily, her vision clouded with tears, "this is all your fault! You should've let me die. I didn't want your freaky powers to heal me! Now we're stranded in America, I don't know any English, and I'll never see any of my family again because we don't have any money!"

"I hate you."

YoonA angrily got up from her seat and stumbled back into the bedroom, wrapping her self in the blankets once again. She eventually cried herself to sleep, praying she wouldn't wake up in the morning.