The End

The Night I Couldn't Forget

I sat on the banks of the Han River. I had wanted to get away from the city, to go somewhere where I was alone with my thoughts.

I had lost track of time. The sun had begun to set, the lights brightly reflecting on the waters.

As I stared into the darkness of the waters, thoughts passed my mind...from that night.

 

I looked up to see a girl with a long grey dress and a matching mask that had a long feather at the top. Her hair was long and curled. In plain sight, it looked really simple, but something radiated from her.

" No, go ahead." 

 

All it took for us to get talking to each other.

 

I laughed and placed my arms around her back. " This your first dance?"

" Not really. My parents told me to go here. I didn't want to at first, but you know what?"

" What?"

" It turned out a lot greater than I thought it would be," she smiled.

" Well then, stranger, you sure made mine's a lot more fun too."  

 

It was the honest truth. I hadn't had as much as that since... forever. Even Taec and his hilarious rambling wouldn't make me as happy as she did.

Even to this day, I scower parties my parents and I attend to see if maybe she would be there, in the middle of the lights, laughing and playing like there was no tommorow. I hoped to maybe see her there, but she wasn't.

 

We both pulled off our masks. "So that's how you looked like."

" I'm just as surprised as you are," she laughed.

Her phone rang in her bag. " I got to go. See you around," she quickly said.

She walked a little bit, but then she turned around.

" Oh, one more thing." She lightly kissed me on the lips. She smelled like flowers and tasted sweet.

" Thanks."  

 

I could still feel the touch of her lips on mine.

There were times I wondered if maybe she had just simply found another guy, and that the memory of me laid somewhere in the dark corners in the back of her mind, left there and forgotten. Simple as that.

Maybe, I was the only one remembering her...

Then, noise came from behind me. The sound of dirt crunching on the bottom of someone's shoes.

I sat facing the water waiting....

" Hey."

I turned around to see that it was....

Taecyeon.

" How'd the hell did you find me?"

" You always go here, it's no surprise."

He took a seat and faced me. I turned to see that he had a serious expression on his face. " Do you know how worried everyone has been? We've been trying to call you for hours."

The I remembered, my phone had died.

" Phone died on me."

He pulled on my wrist.

" Seriously, we have to go. Come on."

 

Later on, as I was driving onto the streets of Seoul, I remembered seeing a girl tht had looked like her on the streets.

For a second, I thought our eyes had locked, but a second later, she looked away, and I drove off as the lights turned green.

I was left wondering at night...

Was it her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.