The Talk

Mr. White Bunny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Daehyun was scheduled to meet with his mother later in the afternoon, at a park near the ice cream stand. He walked down the parkway and sat at a white table with an umbrella on it to block the sun. He sat and waited, looked at his watch every now and then then began to text all five if his brothers, Sohee plus Jisu and Nara. He was so into texting his family he didn't notice a figure pull in the chair across from him and prop themselves on the chair. He felt the table shake a little and looked up to see his mother sotting there with sunglasses and a straw hat with a smile on her face. He sighed and put his phone on silent, put it on his pocket and sat slouched and relaxed with his hands folded on his stomach. They stood quiet for a moment until his mother broke the silence.   "Who was that girl yesterday?" She asked.   "Is that how you start a conversation with people? I wouldn't be surprise if you were still Hyunmin."   "So you call your father by his first name?"   "He's not my father."   "And me?"   "Certainly not my mother." It went silent. They stood like that but with a calm atmosphere.   "Why are you so upset with, Hyeri?" She asked after a moment or so.   "Are you serious? Shes been wanting to be my girlfriend not my sister and shes not exactly the nicest person to new people. Shes been like this before I had my girlfriend, not that I do she makes her life harder." He explained as if him and his mother were long time friends just reuniting for a cup of coffee to talk about old times. His mother nodded and laughed.   "That's disgusting."   "Exactly!"   "And the girl?"   "Shes both a school sweet heart and the love of my life but I feel I don't deserve her."   "Why?" She asks confused.   "Shes... So good to me, so nice and creative. She doesn't do anything she doesn't want to and doesn't allow anyone to pressure her. Shes artistic and likes to socialize where do you see this in girls anymore?" He explained loving the thought of talking about her all day.   "And those boys?"   "They are my brothers from the orphanage. We were adopted by a man an his wife but they went to Europe leaving Yongguk and Himchan hyung in charge." He shrugged.   "How've you been? You sound like you just recently started talking."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter