She and Her

She and Her

 

"Jessi!" Her voice gushed through my barriers. Her voice was like smooth fondue chocolate. Rich, thick, and sweet. It was also girlishly husky. I love it. I used to thank whatever supernatural powers out in the universe for gifting her that voice. It's that voice I listen to late at night because she just needs somebody to talk to. That voice that will call the attention of the masses to her. I love it. 
 
 
She ran clumsily with our friends through the sand, tripping a few times, but getting back up nonetheless. I love it. She's the kind of person to get back up no matter how many times she's fallen, pushed or otherwise. I love it. 
 
 
She waved to me and smiled sweetly. Her smile, god her smile. Her eyes had that ability to curve downward in to slits of crescents. curved upwards, and because of her high cheekbones, her eyes became even smaller. I love it. Her smile was lovely. One of her many points of attraction. It's the kind of smile to warm up even the coldest pits of hell that Dante wrote about. It's the kind of smile that makes you smile along without even a second thought. I love it. 
 
 
I watched as she continued to race our tall-legged friend. She was much shorter, but her 'back on the horse' mentality was nothing to be trifled with. I love it. She has always been a determined person. Some called it admirable, I just called her plain stubborn. No one, not even I, could deter her from a path that she's chosen. Stubborn and admirable. I love it. 
 
 
She lost the race. She ran to me. I was sitting under a beach umbrella. I'm not one to sweat much. I'm sensitive and will melt. She landed herself onto the towel next to me and pouted. I love it. She was just too adorable sometimes. I knew she was waiting for some kind of response to me, but I gave her none, I just kept writing. From my peripheral, I could see her pout even more. I love it. 
 
 
She pulled the journal from my willing hands and gleamed happily at me. Like she's just won some great Nobel prize. I love it. That happiness she emanated. It made me want to go and run around through sprinklers in the middle of summer with her. She's just so cheerful. I love it. 
 
 
"Jessi!" she called me again. I turned to her with a blank expression I knew she would not like. Her playful grin flashed to a frown in a blink. I love it. Her mood swings could be too much to deal with sometimes, but as long as I expect the unexpected, I was always prepared. I knew when and how to push her buttons, so that she would react in the way I want. I love it. 
 
 
"Why aren't you paying attention to me?" she whined. My god, did he have to whine? That voice of hers could shut down my entire nervous system if I wasn't acclimated to her, though sometimes I buckled unexpectedly.
 
She poked my cheek for a response. I complied, though not to her liking. "I was writing." Her face fell through the earth's crust. Maybe I'm pushing a little too far?
 
"I called your attention so that you could watch me run. I was trying to win the race for you, but Sooyoung's legs were too long. I came to you for consolation." She talks fast. It used to be a problem when we were kids because of her encrypted speech, but now it's cute. I love it. She also tends to make it rain when she speaks fast, though. I tried to joke with her once about having to bring an umbrella with me whenever we go out. 100% chance of rain I said. She locked me out of our apartment that night. I love it. 
 
I had to play with her a little more before I ended up giving in or in the dog house. "I didn't ask you to win it for me." My heart cracked a little when I saw her turn her back on me. Looks like the dog house it is or maybe both. 
 
"Tiff," I called. She kept facing the other way, ignoring me. She's always been stronger than me emotionally. Her heart was tough enough to live without me, mine was soggy paper without her. That night she kicked me out, I contemplated jumping into the Han river if she didn't forgive me. "Tiff, I was just kidding. You should know that. Please look at me," I begged. I used to be a prideful person before her, but she's my Elizabeth. I love it. 
 
She faced me with tear brimmed eyes. Why do I do these things? She breathed out, "Why do you kid like that? It's not funny! I wanted to win so you could be proud of me, and then you say you never asked me to do that. It hurts when I feel like you don't appreciate some things I do."
 
I took her face into my hands, "Im sorry I kid around like that. I'm not funny. I watched you race against that giant like your life depended on it. You tried your hardest, what's not to be proud of. Tiffany Hwang, I appreciate everything you do for me. I love you!" I smiled to prove it. She smiled back. 
 
She leaned forward and captured my lips. Her plump ones always somehow ended up dominating my thin ones. I always had to fight those delicious lips. I love it. 
 
 
 
We laid under my beach umbrella, her head on my chest as I resumed my writings. She was looking at me, then turned her head to glance at my journal, and I didn't stop her. I've already shown her all there is to me. Normally, she would've asked first. She liked to know whats going on in my head, since she blurts her thoughts out. She liked to give me some privacy, not that I didn't mind her knowing everything. 
 
She turned back to me, "'She and Her?' Do you have another girlfriend, Jessica Jung Sooyeon?"
 
Full Korean name. Unhappy Fany, but I smiled at her regardless. "If you read the entire thing, you'd know what I meant."
 
She took my journal and flipped back a few pages to the beginning of that entry. She smiled as she handed it back. "You were wring about us? She is me and her is you?" It was cute hen she tried to piece things together. She's not really a puzzle person. 
 
"Yes my love. I was writing about you. No, my dear. She and her are one person, you. I only like to write about you." I smiled to her and pecked her lips as the dots began to connect themselves into a coherent picture. 
 
"Are you gonna write about this?" she gestured to the both of us. 
 
"I always do." She nodded. I love her. 
 
 
 
 
________________________________________
A/N: Thank you for reading  ^_^