Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Saeyoon placed her books inside her locker and shut it.

“Saeyoon!” someone called her name.

She could hear fast footsteps running towards her.

Without bothering to look to see who it was, she walked away. She knew who it was, and knowing him, she knew he would catch up to her regardless if she waited or not.

When he finally caught up with her, he stopped running and Saeyoon could hear him quietly panting to catch his breath.

He bumped shoulders with her as per usual—it was how they greeted each other.

“What are you doing tomorrow night Sae?”

The two of them had exited the school gates and were now walking home together.

Saeyoon and Taemin have been neighbors as well as best friends for years, ever since she had first moved into her house when she was four.

She rolled her eyes. Tomorrow was Valentine’s Day and she definitely didn’t have any plans. “Oh you know, nothing special. I’m gonna stay home and spend tomorrow night with that special no one.” She joked.

He beamed at her. “Good, let’s have a movie night.”

“I pick the movie?”

Taemin scowled. “You want to watch The Notebook don’t you?”

Saeyoon smiled up at him bashfully. “Guilty.”

“Ah come on, Sae! We watch that every time you pick! That’s like almost all the timeeee,” He whined as he stomped along to her strides.

“Of course, it’s because I—“

“—like to know the story ends.” He finished for her.

She smiled and nodded at him, impressed that he knew her so well.

“Come on Sae, let’s watch something new for once…”

“But I can’t think of any other movie I’d like watch…” She mumbled.

He clucked his tongue and thumped her forehead. “I’ll pick the movie then.”

“Ugh fine, whatever.” She resigned. “My house or yours?”

By now, they both had reached home and were standing in front of their houses.

“We can do it at my house, my parents are going out for dinner tomorrow night. It’ll be just the two of us,” he winked.

Saeyoon laughed as she lightly pushed him away. “Go home, Taemin.”

“See you, Sae!”

 

~*~

 

That night, while doing her homework, she looked at the window for the sixth time.

She frowned.

With the way their houses were built, there were two bedrooms that were parallel to each other on the second floor. As expected, those two rooms belonged to Saeyoon and Taemin.

Normally, both their windows would be open and they would send each other flying notes through the windows as they worked on homework together.

But for the past month, however Taemin’s window was closed and his blinds were completely shut.

She had finally finished her homework and Taemin still hadn’t bothered to open his window.

With a sigh she decided that there was no point to wait since it was getting darker now.

Usually when they had both finished their homework early they would sit at their windows and crumple paper up and play wastepaper-basketball through the windows, but since Taemin has decided to not even appear, Saeyoon was completely bored and had nothing to do.

I wonder what movie he’s planning for us to watch tomorrow.

Saeyoon thought as she unconsciously smiled.

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, I should make Taeminnie something…

 

~*~

 

Saeyoon stood in front of Taemin’s house, impatiently tapping her foot.

She took a look at the watch on her wrist. “Lee Taemin, you’re going to make us late…” she mumbled.

After years and years of being best friends and walking to school with each other every day, they both had come to an agreement that they would not wait for the other if that meant being late. Taemin was well over ten minutes late and if he didn’t come out soon they both would be late.

Saeyoon wanted to wait a little longer since today was a special day, but an agreement was an agreement. Taemin, you babo.

Not bothering to wait any longer, she ran to school.

 

By the time the tardy bell had rung, Taemin had still not arrived.

Saeyoon was relieved when he had bursted into the classroom as the teacher was taking attendance.

He came in looking oddly tired with his hair disheveled in odd places and his uniform wrinkled and disarrayed.

Since it was Valentine's Day and the teacher was in a good mood, she had let him off and didn't give him detention.

During the whole period, Saeyoon would sneak glances at him. Sometimes he would catch her looking and she would give him questioning glances.

He would just smile at her and shook his head, telling her not to worry about it.

By the time third block had rolled around, he had fallen asleep in class. Lee Taemin never falls asleep in class.

The last bell rang and it was time for lunch.

Saeyoon sighed as she packed up her stuff and walked over to Taemin’s desk.

“Yah, Lee Taemin.”

He shifted in his seat and groggily opened his eyes and smiled at her. “Hey Sae.”

“It’s time for lunch, let’s go.”

He sat up in his seat and stretched.

Saeyoon chuckled as she fixed his hair. She noticed that his tie was askew and fixed that as well. She smiled sweetly at Taemin.

Feeling his face heat up, he coughed and looked away. “Thanks.” He managed to mutter.

“Why were you late this morning?” Saeyoon interrogated.

“I overslept.” He simply answered.

“Why did you oversleep?” She raised a brow and crossed her arms.

“I went to bed late.” He replied as he put his books

Please log in to read the full chapter