晴天

幸せの空

"The letters that the stars created in the night sky
I still believe that it is not just by chance
In the same darkness, in the same distance
We are painting the W in the same way
We will shine more and more so that you can find us" -W, JYJ

-*-

 

The third time they noticed the sky, they were no longer one anymore. The sky was bright and clear with sunlight filtering through the clouds. Some of the sunlight was reflected and shone on a middle-aged man who was walking beneath the trees.

 

"This feels kinda nostalgic huh?"

 

The man whispered to his partner beside him.

 

His partner, a man with a height of 190cm, nodded his head.

 

"I can't believe we're really doing this."

 

The man spoke as he looked to his partner for reassurance.

 

"Baka! Yunho hyung, I'll bet you they are more nervous than us."

 

"Really Changmin?" Yunho questioned.

 

"Yes." Changmin replied, ruffling Yunho's hair. "Or do you want to be coddled by Papa Changmin since you're so nervous?"

 

"Yah! Changmin!" Yunho pouted as Changmin laughed at Yunho. His hyung can really be a baby at times.

 

"There we are!" Yunho exclaimed excitedly as they reached the promised venue.  "Now where are they?"

 

Changmin chuckled. "Hyung, do you expect them to teleport here? They have a fanmeeting in Jeju island now you know? It will take them time to come here."

 

"Then what are we doing so early here?"

 

"Because you got too charged up and misread the clock as 2pm instead of 1pm." Changmin informed resignedly.

 

"What? That's a difference of an hour!" Yunho gawked.

 

"That's why, thanks to Tensai Changmin, I've already contacted them and told them we would be here early and it would be kindly appreciated if they could get their asses here as soon as possible."

 

"Changmin.."

 

Yunho stared at Changmin who looked flustered under Yunho's gaze.

 

"Thank you."

 

Yunho smiled at Changmin who was turning beet red.

 

I guess that's what you get when you have a hyung who acts like a maknae. 

 

Changmin mused as he watched his hyung who was older than him by two years frolicking in the leaves that were falling from the trees. Autumn was coming soon and that was one of his hyung's favourite season.

 

Just then, a scream came from Yunho and Changmin jumped up in surprise. Frantically, he rushed over to Yunho who seemed to be frozen as still as a statue.

 

"Hyung, what's going on? Are you hurt anywhere?"

 

Yunho's lips struggled to speak but no words came out of his mouth.

 

"Yunho hyung!"

 

Changmin hollered. What happened? Why was Yunho behaving like this?

 

"..L-look."

 

Yunho finally replied, pointing Changmin towards the direction behind his back.

 

Whirling around, Changmin saw three blur figures from afar walking towards them, kicking leaves up as they went by. Tears formed in his eyes and he could feel his throat starting to burn.

 

"Changmin, Yunho!"

 

The three figures shouted as they ran towards Yunho and Changmin, closing the distance between them.

 

Changmin observed Yunho sprinting towards the three figures as Yunho let out an excited cry.

 

Baka Yunho hyung, can't you see that they are running towards us already? Why waste the energy to run to them when you know you can wait and they will run to us?

 

"Changmin, get your lazy here." Jaejoong hollered as the four of them engaged in a long awaited hug, breaking Changmin's inner muse.

 

Changmin snickered.

 

In the end, they still had to wait for him, don't they?

 

Five men embraced and became one as the Sun shone on them and autumn leaves fell around them. Together, they made a single shadow. Together they were a band once more.

 

"The sky is unusually bright today." Junsu remarked after a while once they broken out of the hug. "It's just the perfect weather for soccer."

 

Changmin snickered. Jaejoong laughed. Yoochun chuckled, and Yunho gaped.

 

"You mean to tell me you're still obsessed over soccer till now?" Yunho questioned Junsu as the rest of the group broke out in fits of laughter.

 

Some things just never change.

 

The end.