1/3

Tonight is Just One Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Note: First, you really need to read the first part (link in the description) and if you're done and then you can proceed :D 

 

 

 

“Why is he even here?”

 

Kyuhyun nudges Siwon and Donghae pretends he doesn’t hear. He can feel the glare Hyukjae’s best friend is sending him but he brushes it off and keeps his eyes fix on the door. Siwon makes a few grunts and unpleasant remarks that has Kyuhyun, his boyfriend, telling him to shut up. Donghae knows they still hate him for they’d been witnesses of his infidelity and they’re with Hyukjae when everything fell apart. He heaves a sigh the same time he feels a pat on his shoulder and he turns just in time to see Jongwoon walking away and takes a spot next to Kyuhyun. The gesture brings a small smile on Donghae's face. At least not everybody loathes him the way he deserves.

 

The door bursts open and Hyukjae comes to view. He’s trying to keep his face straight, but he utterly fails to do so when Siwon throws the question and huge gummy grin appears on his face.

 

“I got in.”, he says and his best friend is quick to tackle him, engaging him in a playful headlock as he messes his head. Jongwoon laughs, clapping his hand as he congratulates Hyukjae while Kyuhyun stares at them in amusement.

 

“Oh God, I thought you’ll never find another group that will be willing to take you in after leaving your old group with such an unimpressive record.”, Kyuhyun comments and Siwon prods his boyfriend lightly.

 

“Hey you can’t blame him you know! He’s emotionally wrecked then so it’s understandable that he couldn’t attend rehearsals. But he’s fine now! Very much! So it’ll be great if no one tries to crush him again.”, Siwon utters, raising his voice a little too high as if to emphasize his point, his eyes not so subtly glancing at Donghae. The said man looks away and Siwon’s about to speak more when he feels a light jab on his chest, and he turns to see that it’s Hyukjae.

“Cut it out, Siwon.”, Hyukjae utters with a soft smile before walking towards Donghae.

Siwon is about to stop him but Kyuhyun’s already gripping his arm, his gaze wordlessly telling him to shut the hell up.

“You made it.”, Hyukjae says, his soft smile unwavering and Donghae suppresses the urge to kiss that smile right there and then. So instead he nods, grinning back as he holds his phone up.

“Well you said you want me to be here so.. I’m here.”, he states and Hyukjae’s smile widens. Siwon mumbles something close to why Hyukjae has to text him in the first place, but Donghae easily shrugs the comment off because right now Hyukjae is smiling at him. Somehow that smile gives him hope.

 

“Well since Hyukjae finally got in to that dance group he’s been dreaming of..”, Siwon pays no heed to Jongwoon’s comment that no it’s not, it’s just the first dance group that accepted Hyukjae despite being in hiatus for so long. “Since Hyukjae’s back in the dance floor, this calls for a celebration! My treat! The five of us!”, Siwon says and Kyuhyun perks an eyebrow because his boyfriend couldn’t mean he’s inviting Donghae, right? Siwon detests Donghae to the core.

 

His boyfriend doesn’t disappoint him nevertheless when he faces Jongwoon. “That means you, Hyung, should call your boyfriend so we’ll be complete. Me, Kiyu, Hyuk, you and Wookie, we should all celebrate!”, he says rather too happily and Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. Jongwoon shakes his head and Hyukjae looks apologetically at Donghae, the latter mouthing ‘It’s okay.’ He’s used to Siwon’s derisions anyway.

 

“Siwon, why are you such an ?”

“What did I do?”, Siwon asks, feigning innocence as he faces his boyfriend.

“Stop planning on your own, no one wants to be with you.”, Kyuhyun says, slapping Siwon's cheek lightly when the taller guy makes a face. “Besides, it looks like they’re off to somewhere else anyway.”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes darts to the chuckling Hyukjae and it takes the dancer a while before he realizes that it’s him his friend is pertaining to. The laughter dies down and he blinks, pointing a finger to himself as his gaze shifts from Kyuhyun to Siwon, to Jongwoon, and finally to Donghae. Ah.

 

“Are you planning something?”, he asks Donghae and the other smiles shyly, rubbing the back of his neck before meeting Hyukjae’s eyes again.

“I was thinking.. since you got a new job.. that maybe I could treat you, or something.”, the brunette answers, a coy beam complimenting his flustered cheeks. Siwon must have said something again if not for Kyuhyun squeezing his arm so he’ll keep quiet.

 

“Oh, but you see.. I need to stay with the team right now. For some briefing and.. introduction stuff.” Hyukjae says and Donghae’s smile instantly falls. Hyukjae gulps, his bottom lip between his teeth as he looks back at Donghae, feeling sorry.

 

The slightly shorter male tries to hide his disappointment with another smile, but Hyukjae sees through him, they were together for seven years after all.

 

“I’ll call you? Later.. tonight? This may not take that long anyway, we could still hang-out. I’ll call you! Yeah, I will..”, he says, a tiny bit of uncertainty lingering in his voice but Donghae smiles and Hyukjae feels a weight on his chest has been lifted.

 

“Okay.”, Donghae utters and Hyukjae nods.

 

“Okay.”

 

-

 

 

Feeling clean and refresh, Donghae walks out of his bathroom in his white shirt and Hyukjae’s old gray sweatpants. He dries his hair with a towel in one hand, while the other reaches for his cellphone on his night stand.

 

Six hours passed and not a call or text from Hyukjae just yet.

 

Donghae feels a part of him pierces a little inside but he pushes any bad thoughts away and sits on his bed.

 

Hyukjae says he’ll call.

So Donghae waits.

 

Three hours later, exactly an hour after midnight, Donghae wakes up and there’s still nothing.

 

-

 

It’s been half a year. Half a year since Hyukjae saw Donghae with Kibum, half a year since Donghae walked out of Hyukjae’s life.

 

Three months since Donghae tried to come back. Three months since Hyukjae told him he still loved him, but he needed time to patch ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter