A Celebrity

Unexpected Love

 

I can’t believe it. I get to watch such a beautiful man almost every day. He couldn’t get any handsomer – if he could I would die of perfection just by looking at him. He’s the most perfect human being I’ve ever seen, but that’s probably because he’s the first perfect human I’ve seen. The only perfect human. You probably wouldn’t believe me if I told you he’s handsomer than the university boy who works in the nearby coffee shop, cuter than the high school student I see every morning, kinder than my neighbour who constantly wants to repay some “depth” to me for all the groceries he’s lent from me and he has an even more beautiful smile than the man I see every time I enter this building.

He’s taller than me, more handsome than me, kinder than me, more generous, more talkative and more seductive than the boy who confessed to me a few years ago. He was perfect and I wasn’t the only one thinking that. The majority of all people thought the exact same thing about him as I thought. The only difference was that I saw all the perfection come in action with my own two eyes, while other’s had to see it through their TV, their laptop or their mobile phone. I also sometimes got to talk personally with him and a lot of my co-workers got to talk with him, but that was only because he was my co-worker. Yes, I worked together with my crush, even though we had different sections. He covered the news and I covered the weather. He’s more suited for television than I am though, with his slim and lean body, while mine is short and squishy. That’s probably the best way to describe my body. The worst thing was that the camera added five pounds, so I had to diet to not look too fat, or else the viewer ratings would drop even more than they already did when I got to talk about the weather. I didn’t care though; I understood them. Who would like to see my plain face after having looked at perfection for almost a half hour? I wouldn’t, so I understand them.

The worst thing about that crush was that it could absolutely not get out to anyone or else it would create a big scandal and he’s happily married. I tended to always get attracted to those who’re already married. It’s sad, but it’s the truth.

I wished I could be more like him. I would also like to be happily married and maybe have a kid or two, but I couldn’t, only because of my non-existing love life. My love life totally died the say he got introduced to the team – my team, the news team – because the last anchor had retired. My gaze had landed on him and then something in my brain fell into place. As cliché as it sounds; it was like a spotlight was pointing at him and made him more glowing than all the others. He was so handsome with his hair styled the right way and the suit that was somehow similar to mine. His brown hair had looked so soft and I just wanted to run hands through it; let the silk-looking hair slip in-between my fingers.

He also wore a smile, a professional smile. It wasn’t stupid, like when you talked with your crush for the first time when you were in high school. His cheeks didn’t seem pained by the smiling, and that just made him the more attractive.

I was the second one he introduced himself personally to. I began the conversation because I wanted to seem friendly, kind and reliable; like a good co-worker.

“Hi,” I greeted and stuck out my hand, waiting for him to grab it and when he finally did, I felt his big, warm and slightly moist palm resting against my own. We quickly broke the handshake though. “I’m Kim Minseok, the meteorologist. I’m looking forward to be working with you.”

I offered him a small smile and hoped it didn’t come off as scary or forced. I wanted to relax, but that was really hard when my heart kept on making a very fast and annoying motion. It felt like my chest could blow up anytime soon and then there would be blood all over the place, but my heart would still be beating.

“It’s nice to meet you. Please take good care of me!” he smiled and bowed. He straightened his back up again to his full height. He was so beautifully handsome and he felt much more superior than me. “I’m the new newscaster, Kim Joonmyun.”

 

 


 

A/N: I haven't proofread it, so I'm sorry for mistakes and such >_<

And I'm sorry about this ty chapter..... Hope to see you some other time~ and if you like this you should probably check out my next XiuHan story '"Friends" with Benefits' ^^ (There's no though :P) 

Thank you for reading and probably liking 'Unexpected Love' :)