A Student

Unexpected Love

 

He always gets on at 7.53 AM. I don’t know where he’s going; I only know where he gets on. We’ve taken the same bus for around 3 months now and he always get on when I’m on.

At first I didn’t notice him, but then one day – out of nowhere – I began to notice him. I noticed how he let anyone older than him get his seat. He was so polite and when people smiled at him, thanking him for letting them have his seat, he smiled back; his smile reaching his eyes and made him look attractive.

I know the possibility of him someday sitting beside me is small, but I can always hope.

What should I do if he one day came over to me and asked if the seat beside me was taken? I probably wouldn’t even understand what he asked me about, and he probably wouldn’t understand my answer. I’m not Korean and I’m not the best at Korean either. My friends also tell me that, but then it’s good that I go to an international school, but he’s probably not that good at English or Chinese either. He’ll never sit beside me though, so I’ll never get the chance to actually talk to him.

That was what I thought, but then suddenly, said so man, was standing in front of me and asking if the seat beside me was taken.

I actually understood him and he understood my answer, and then we were sitting beside each other. He had a small smile attached to his lips and I probably looked scary with my natural eye bags and raven coloured hair. His lips were slightly chapped and his hands rested in his lap. He had an attaché case with him and wore a long black coat since it was cold outside. His hair was slightly curled and a light brown. I could smell his cologne and it was wonderful. The smell quickly became my favourite one and had already beaten my ex-girlfriend’s back in China.

I wanted to turn around and introduce myself, but I wasn’t brave enough. It would also seem strange if a Chinese high school student talked with a Korean businessman. And how exactly should I start the conversation? ‘Hi. I’ve noticed we take the same bus every morning. It’s nice to finally talk to you, because you seem like a nice person. I actually have a little crush on you, so can I know your name?’  It’d be so embarrassing to talk to him, even if it would be small talk. What could we even talk about? How bad the driver was? How the weather was? I wouldn’t even be able to talk about such things. That’s how bad I am at Korean.

“You’re a student?” a fragile but manly voice sounded right next to me. I turned slightly and saw my crush smiling nervously at me, expecting an answer.

“Yes,” I quickly answered. His voice was so beautiful; it sounded like a father’s voice; nice, calm and mature. The man sitting beside me didn’t seem like a father though.

“What school?” the man asked interested.

I smiled at him and hoped it wouldn’t come off as scary. “Seoul International High School.”

“Oh, where are you from then?” he still smiled at me and I was happy for that. I couldn’t believe that I actually had a small conversation with him. He seemed so nice and my heart fluttered at the mere thought of actually talking to him and hear his voice.

“China,” I answered and looked down at my lap with a shy smile plastered to my lips. Even though my answers were short, he seemed to want to continue our conversation.

“How long have you stayed in Korean?”

“3 months.”

“You’re quite good at speaking Korean then.”

I looked up at him and smiled a thankfully at him. I’d understood everything he said and he’d understood my answers.

We continued smiling nervously at each other, or my smile was nervous, his was just gorgeous.

“Aren’t you getting off here?” he asked cutely and continued smiling politely at me.

“Oh,” I quickly looked at the bus stop sign right outside the window. “I am.”

I quickly gathered my stuff and got up. “Ahjussi, I’m also getting off here, hold it.” I bowed to the man I had a crush on. “It was nice talking with you.” And then I rushed out of the bus with a pleased smile on my lips. I was late, yet again, but this bus was better than the others, because it had him.

 

 


 

A/N: Can I like.... love you all? Why are there so many subscribers and votes on this story without even releasing the first chapter? T^T I love everyone of you and then I give you this piece of crap. I'm so sorry >_< 

I hope you know who the person is~ because I won't tell you who it is :P butImadeitprettyobvious

We'll hopefully see each other next week again when we'll hear about another person's point of view :D I hope someone will comment...