The Heart Shaped Balloon

Valentine's Day Gifts

Minzy walked hand in hand with Jay. She swung their interlocked hands as they walked down town. With the bright lights and the sea of people everywhere she smiled up at him, “Thanks for taking the day off.”

He brought her hand to his lips, placing a sweet kiss to the top of her hand, “I wouldn’t be anywhere else on this day dedicated just for us.”

She giggled as she pulled him to a random food vendor. They ate and laughed their entire meal before continuing on their night stroll. They found themselves at a small festival. Walking through the various love themed games Minzy spotted a clown making various shaped balloons.

“Let’s go over there,” she tugged at his arm before joining the crowd that formed around the clown. She watched amazed at every animal balloon the clown made. It fascinated her and she wanted one of her own. “Babe can you get me one?”

“You want one of those from that creepy clown?”

She nudged him in the gut as she nodded, “Yes I want one from that creepy clown!”

He held his stomach and laughed, “How about I make you one?”

“You know how to make balloon animals?”

He nodded, “Yeah I’m a man of many talents.”

She looked at him suspiciously not knowing whether or not to believe him, “Hmm…”

“I guess I’ll have to prove it to you.”

With that he turned and talked to the clown. The clown glanced over at Minzy and she waved making him smile at her. She guessed the clown was okay with it as he opened his bag of balloons letting Jay look inside for a balloon.

Minzy watched as he looked through the bag and saw him going through various colors before pulling out a pink colored one. He wiggled it to show her and she giggled as she nodded for him to go ahead and make her one.

Jay stretched the balloon over the helium tank and filled it with enough air before releasing it. He lifted it to show her, “Are you paying attention?”

“Yes,” she smiled.

“Good,” he said as he began to tie up the end of the balloon.

Jay began to twist one side of the balloon before it popped. This caused Minzy to laugh as he stood holding what was left of a popped balloon in his hands, “It’s okay Jay. Just let the clown make me one.”

He shook his head as he went back to the bag of balloons and retrieved another pink colored balloon, “No it’s not okay. I’m going to prove to you that I can do it.”

She sighed at her stubborn boyfriend and watched as he went through the same actions again. Stretching the balloon and filling it with helium. Minzy didn’t know why, but she grew anxious as he began to twist the balloon. She was curious what he was he was going to make her. She figured that maybe he would make Dougie a twin balloon sibling.

He gave it one last twist before holding it out to her, “There!” Minzy smiled at the pink heart shaped balloon before her. “I told you I could make one. Now please take this heart of mine and don’t pop it.”

Minzy laughed as she gladly accepted it and placed it against her chest, “Don’t worry your heart is safe with me.”

Jay smiled as he placed his arm around her shoulders before taking her full lips to his, “Happy Valentine’s babe.”

 

Author's Notes:

Well that's all I have written for now. I might write some more later or just leave it at that. But thanks for reading! <3