Oooh, Dear...

Thanks, Teddy Bear!

 

It was quite a chilly August afternoon while a seventeen year old Lee Taemin lazily sat on the couch with his girlfriend for two years, Key, watching some random show.

Key yawned and poked Taemin's side. "Minnie, Key is bored," she said, using herself in third person.

Taemin poked her back with a teasing smile. "What does Key want Taemin to do about it?"

Key tapped the side of her forehead and puffed her cheeks, making her thinking face.

Taemin laughed and poked her cheeks, deflating them. He then gathered her up in his arms and placed her gently on his lap before giving her cheek a kiss. "Noona neomu yeppo~!" he declared.

Key pouted. "Two weeks, Taemin! I'm older than you just by two weeks!"

"But noona, its true! Out of all the noonas I know, you're definitely the prettiest~ I know a lot of pretty noonas, but don't worry! I still like you the best~~"

"Hmmppphh ... That better be true, or else this noona will dump your sorry !" Key said, her pout deepening, if that was humanly possible.

Taemin gasped. "Aniyo, Key, don't do that!" He placed her on the couch next to him and offered her his back. "Come on, noona, get on my back!"

Key, even though confused, followed his orders and got on his back. "But why, Minnie? Where are you gonna take me?" she asked.

"Minnie is gonna take his Key to the park for a very romantic date! Minnie doesn't want Minnie's Key to dump Minnie's sorry !"

Key laughed and hugged him. "Silly Minnie, I wouldn't do that! I promise!"

Despite Key's promise, Taemin still yelled to the empty house, "Umma! Key and I are leaving now!" and ran straight out the door.

Little did he know that his wallet sat all alone on the coffee table.

 


 

As the couple entered the park hand-in-hand, Taemin pointed to a cart.

"Key," he said, "Let's get us some banana milk before we do anything okay?"

Key scoffed. "Don't you mean we get you some banana milk?"

Taemin nodded enthusiastically. He didn't even catch the fact that his lie was caught.

"We don't have time for this," Key sighed jokingly.

Taemin showed her the cutest face he could muster. "Please Kim Gwiboon? I'll get you anything in return!"

Key pretended to look like she was in thought. "You promise?"

He nodded.

"Well, if you promise, then okay! I'll buy it for you!" she smiled.

"Yay! Thanks Key!" Then he started running toward the cart.

"But ...!" Key yelled, making Taemin stop and turn around.

"But, what!?" Taemin exclaimed.

Key motioned for him to come closer, and he did. "You have to give me a kiss as a token of your promise!"

He ran back to her with a  huge smile on his face. He looked just as excited to give her a kiss as he would getting banana milk.

Leaning down, he puckered his lips in a silly manner.

Key laughed. "This is exactly why I love you," she said and rose up on her tippy-toes to give his lips a sweet, short kiss.

Taemin, not catching her confession, had a smug look on his face as he dragged her to the cart.

The man working the stand smiled at them and said, "What can I do for this lovely couple on this lovely afternoon?"

Taemin smiled up at the man. "One bottle of banana milk, please!~"

The man laughed at his childishness as he handed Taemin his banana milk. "That would be 1608 Won," he said with a kind smile.

Key took out her wallet and handed him the exact amount. "Thank you, mister!" she said with a smile and dragged Taemin toward a bench so he could finish his banana milk in peace.

As Taemin threw away the bottle, he asked, "So what do you want to do?"

Key stood up from the bench, took Taemin's hand and started walking toward the path. "Let me think. For now, let's just keep walking."

Taemin agreed with her and kissed her head.

 


 

Key gasped and halted abruptly as they came across a cute little shop. She immediately let go of Taemin's hand and ran inside.

"Wait! Key! Aigoooo~" Taemin said while shaking his head as he ran after his girlfriend.

He searched the whole store until he finally found her at the back cuddling with a white bear with a ribbon around its neck.

Taemin sighed in relief and sat down on the floor with her. He gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said with a cute smile, "I found you~~"

Key giggled. "And I found this!" She said, showing him the bear. "Can you buy him for me, Taeminnie?~" she asked, pouting.

Taemin stood upwards on his knees felt his back pockets for his wallet. His eyes widened when he didn't feel anything. "I .... I can." he answered.

"YAY!" Key threw her arms around him, "Kamsa-"

"But I'm not going to."

"Aww! But Taeminnie~!"

"Key, don't 'But Taeminnie~!' me. I can't buy it for you!"

 

 "If you love me, you'll buy it for me~~"

   u                                                                                                                                               ..........

                                                                                                                                         "I'm sorry ..."

Key looked up at him with disbelief in her eyes. "So are you saying you don't love me? Because I love you."

Taemin stared at her with wide eyes. "No, no, no! Don't get it the wrong way-"

But Key already did. She stood up silently, put the bear back on the shelf, and ran. She ran out the store, he believed.

Taemin's brain couldn't make out anything coherent when she left him sitting down on the store's floors alone. But when it did, just in time at that, he imedietly ran out the store. But before getting too far, he looked back.

 

'This is the place I found out that Key loves me,' he thought.

 

As he was about to turn away, he caught a glimpse of a mannequin that, amazingly, looked like Key.

Taemin thought nothing of it and ran off to find where Key went.