I Tried

This Crazy Love of Ours

 

The look in his eyes. The words that come out of his mouth. They weren't good. No. They were never good.

"You can never change me. Stop trying to." Woohyun told me sharply.

Those words that would make me take a step back. But I couldn't. I can't just always take a step back.

 

I knew he was hurt. Heck, his parents forced him to break up with his girlfriend of four years just because she was poor. Top that off with news saying you're gonna marry a rich girl. A pretty and rich girl named Park Chorong.

I'm not trying to boast myself. That's just how his parents and my parents described me as.

Did I like being call pretty and rich? No. Hell no. I hated that reputation. But that was my life. THIS was my life. And I have to live through it.

Foolish and stupid, I know. But I can't do anything about it. I've tried, but it was of no use.

 

Woohyun ran out the door, resulting with a door slamming and a cold breeze flying in from the impact.

 

I tried. I tried helping him. He wouldn't take it. He wouldn't take any of my help.

 

 

Foolish me, I ran out after him. I was tired seeing him always run away from all this trouble. He HAD to face it too. It's because he was too much of a momma's boy that we're stuck like this.

 

 

"Woohyun!" I yelled his name. No response. He continued walking away. So stiff, his fists so tight under his hold.

I knew that there won't be any good results if I ran after him, but I had to get it out of my system.

I finally got to him and turned him around with my hand around his arm.

 

"Just LISTEN to me!" I yelled at him. He finally relaxed his shoulders and glared at me.

Those piercing eyes that would just make a whole through my eyes.

 

How can a marriage be like this? So full of hatred and complications. I hated this life. I hated being the daughter of rich parents.

 

 

"You need to stop running away from me!" I yelled at him. I lost my temper. I've been through this too many times. I'm tired of it.

"You think you know a lot about me, but you don't. You don't know crap about me. I broke up with my girlfriend JUST so I can satisfy my parents and MARRY YOU! My girlfriend of four years. My poor girlfriend that loved me so, so freaken much. I THREW her away! You don't know how hard I try JUST to face my parents EACH and EVERY day of my life."

I just looked at him, confused, unable to speak.

"She died Chorong. She died because of my freaken selfish and stupid self. And... I'm failing her... by..." He said tearing up. He looked around and tried to dry his tears with the air.

"Gosh, I wish I could freaken rewind everything. I wish I was NEVER born in a rich family. I first thought being born in a rich family was the best thing ever. But no, it wasn't." He quickly turned around to wipe his tears before peering back at me.

I was speechless. I couldn't speak. All this time... this was how he really felt.

"Woohyun... I......"

"I can't love you Chorong! I can't! I won't allow it! Stop forcing me to!" He yelled at me.

All these yelling. All these knives that were being thrown at me, they made me regret speaking. I looked down at my fingers and closed my eyes.

"However much you force me to, I can't. I thought I could, but I can't. I don't care anymore. My so-called mom? My so-called dad? I don't give a damn about them."

With those last words, he walked away, leaving me stand there.

Feeling hopeless and lonely, I bent down to me knees and cried. I hid my head in my arms and cried out loud.

Why was I crying? I don't know for sure, don't ask me. I just wanted to. It's been too rough. My life. My marriage.

I thought marriage was supposed to be memorable and full of happiness? Not mine. Oh how I wished my marriage life were like those shown on TV.

What am I supposed to do now? I can't just go back. I can't just walk back inside our house with Woohyun in there. I just can't.

Go back to my parents? Now that's a never. I never wanted to live with them in the first place. I never will.

 

 

 

A Couple Months Pass

It's been a while since Woohyun and I have separated. I walked past the road where he left me at and thought back to all of those times we fought. All those times that we argued and glared at each other brought a smile to my face.

 

Ever since that day that he left me, I never saw him again. Not even coicidentally or by surprise. I don't know if this was fate, but I never saw him even once.

Just thinking of our past, I wondered how he was doing. I wondered how he's living like now.

I looked down and brushed my shoulder, taking a step foreward.

My eyes locked on two feet standing in front of me. I slowly made my way up and found Woohyun standing in front of me.

Woohyun? He looked different. He was dressed differently. Better actually.

 

"Chorong ah..." he called me. His voice was so calm. His voice was so soft that it made me question to see if it really was him.

I looked up at his soft eyes. Those eyes that weren't narrowed. Those eyes that weren't full of hatred anymore.

 

"Woo... Woohyun ah...?" I called his name. He smiled at me. Wait... what? Did he just smile at me?

I rubbed my eyes and looked at him again. He was still there.

"How have you been?" He asked me. I just stared at him, shocked.

 

Is this really him? Is it really Woohyun? My ex-husband that threw me away? Nam Woohyun who yelled at me everyday.

 

"I...I am... doing fine." I stuttered at him, almost unable to speak. He just looked at me and smiled.

"I'm sorry for what I've said in the past. But... I know everything now." He told me.

 

You know everything? What?!!!

 

I was confused. Very confused at everything that's happening.

"I am living well now. I hope you live a happy life as well. Bye." He said then walked off past me, brushing against my shoulder slightly.

I just stood there, my back facing him. I didn't know what to think.

Why did he appear in front of me? Why is he... so weird? So different? Why did he speak to me so softly?

 

 

After thinking to myself, I turned around and faced him, but he was nowhere in sight.

He was just here a second ago... where could he have gone to?

I walked around and tried to look for him, but he disappeared.

 

"I hope you live a happy life..." Woohyun's sentence echoed in my brain. His words repeated over and over again in my head, making me ask myself why he was in front of me.

Not that I didn't want him to appear in front of me. I did. But... it was just weird. Different. Awkward.

 

 

I walked inside our house and found my roommate sitting in the living room with a newspaper beside her along with a letter in her hand.

She was crying, tears running down her eyes. I looked at her confused.

"What's wrong Eunji?" I asked walking to her. She got up and walked towards me. She handed me the letter and the newspaper, covering her crying face.

"I'm sorry Chorong unnie... I didn't know..." she said then left the house, crying to herself.

What happened? I was curious. I looked at the newspaper she handed me and read  the headline news:

 

"Young Man Dies From Brain Tumor"

 

I looked at the picture beside the writings and saw Woohyun's face on there. His picture.

Wait.... Nam Woohyun? My ex-husband? He died from brain tumor? What?!! I just saw him like, minutes ago..... it can't be him.

I looked at the letter Eunji had given to me earlier and read it:

 

Chorong ah... my lovely wife...

I'm sorry for never speaking nicely to you. I was afraid.

I was afraid of really falling in love with you. You were so kind... so loving...

Each time you spoke, my heart ached because I was changing...

You were changing me and it gave me a weird feeling in my heart...

I fell for you, and I felt like I betrayed her... my girlfriend... therefore I left you.

Brain tumor? That was another reason for me to act my hatred towards you.

I didn't want you to worry and I didn't want you to care for me more than how you were already...

I really love you. I really do. I just can't tell you.

 I left you... twice... and I am so sorry for doing that.

But this is better than loving you and leaving you with memories of us together with love.

If there's such thing as a next life, I pray that I'll get to spend it forever with you.

-Forever your Husband, Nam Woohyun

 

Uncontrollable tears streamed down my face. I was shaking, worrying, fearing that I might not be able to handle it. I mean, I already WAS unable to.

Why did he do this? Why did he leave me like this? He could've just told me. Why did he have to leave like this? So much pain he withheld in his heart. He never told me. We never conversed, I never knew.

 

I walked to our bed and slept on my side of the bed. I faced his side of bed and pretended like I was looking at him, pretending as if he was in front of me.

He came back to look after me. His spirit. His spirit came back to me earlier.

I held the letter in front of my heart and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep, praying that I'll dream about him. Please appear in my dreams Woohyun... please.

 

 

The next morning, I woke up and looked around the room. I felt my puffy eyes barely opened from crying myself last night to sleep.

I looked at the letter that was still in my arms and read it again, tears falling down my eyes again. I huffed and closed my eyes, stuffing my face into his pillow with my body faced down on the bed.

I sniffed in his scent that was still present and my heart ached even more.

 

"Chorong ah... honey... are you still mad?" I heard someone speak to me from beside the bedroom door.

Woohyun...? Is that Woohyun?

 

I lifted my head up and turned around, seeing Woohyun standing so beautifully beside the door.

He was in his black shorts, shirtless as always, leaning there, just looking at me with those soft eyes.

 

"I'm sorry, okay? Please don't be mad at me anymore." He told me then walked over and cupped my face in his hand. He placed our foreheads together and backed away when he saw me only staring at him.

 

"What is it?" He asked backing away a little from me.

 

I was shocked. Why is he standing in front of me again? Why does it feel so real?

 

He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

I shook at his touch and blinked my eyes for a second more. I gasped and shook my head, looking up at his face that looked SO real.

 

"Let's not argue again okay? I didn't sleep well last night. Please don't tell me to leave you anymore okay? I promise I will love you only, my dear wife." He spoke to me.

 

Why does this feel so real? With him in front of me like this... it felt so freaken real that it scared me. It frightened me a little.

 

"Woo... Woohyun...?" I whispered his name. He scooted closer beside me and touched my face, rubbing my cheeks gently again.

I closed my eyes and tears started forming again. He smiled and wiped my tears.

 

"Please don't cry. I promise I won't argue with you anymore okay? Just promise me you won't tell me to run away from you." He said then looked at me with those soft eyes of his.

He pulled me in for a bear hug and held me so tightly.

I gasped at his hold and let myself loosen before I slowly raised my arms up and wrapped them around him gently.

I ran my fingers up his back and scoffed with tears in my eyes.

 

It must really be him. It must be.

 

So... it was all a dream? Everything that happened... it was all a dream?

 

Thank God it was only a dream.....

 

A/N: Hi everyone!!! So how was it?? I hope youguys loved it!!!

More power to Woorong right??!!! Keke...

Sorry if it was a little confusing... :/

 But Woohyun is STILL alive!!! Chorong was just dreaming the whole time!!!

Please subscribe and leave a comment otay?

Until next time, BYE YEOM!!! <3