final.

the mutal breakup. (oneshot)

Minho was tired, puffed from all the hard practising. SHINee had finally decided to take a short break and so they all sat on the cold floor of the sm dance room, catching their breaths. "Jonghyun what are you doing?" Onew asked curiously as the rest of the boys turned to look at Jonghyun. He was making his way to where the radion was placed, he plugged in the power cord and tried to turn it on. "This is how you turn it on you idiot." Key said, walking up to him and turning it on. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and ignored Key. "Jessica said that her and a few of her members were going to be on the radio so I thought we would listen, to respect our sunbaes." Jonghyun started explaining. "More like listening to Jessica and daydreaming about her.." Key muttered as Taemin started laughing, but Jonghyun didnt hear.
The radion had started playing and first thing that was heard was the laughs of the girls. Minho looked up immediately and started paying more attention, secretly, he was trying to recognise if Yuri was there.
"So Yuri-sshi." "Yes?" Minho heard her voice, it still made his heart beat faster than usual and smile every time he heard her beautiful voice. "The song 'mistake' was writen by yourself right?" The DJ asked. "Yes."

at the same time 
Yuri's POV

"The song 'mistake' was written written by yourself right?" The DJ asked me. "Yes." I replied clearly. "Is the song from experience?" The DJ asked again, "Because I heard you've had a relationship in the past." Maybe it was better if I let it out. "Ummm yeah it was." I replied and the girls stared at me with a worried look, they all knew what I was talking about. "So the lyrics are talking about how you are sorry for not trying harder in the relationship." The DJ murmured. I nodded my head slowly. "Do you think you could share a little bit about it?" I took a deep breath, share it? Share that heartbreaking story that still remains to be locked up in my heart? I took a deep breath, and decided to talk about it. "Well.. Im not going to say when it was but back then, I was deeply in love with the guy who was pretty much perfect in every single way, he happened to ask me out and a gladly accepted and it started out to be a good, happy relationship." I started explaining. But talking about it made me reminisce to the past...

The boy was absolutely perfect, he was kind, had good manners, trustworthy, nice and he was even good looking! And he happens to be famous like me now... His name, was Choi Minho now known as SHINee's flaming charisma Minho. We started off as friends, getting introduced when we were trainees. For me it was love at first sight, I just knew that he was perfect for me. Somehow we talked more and spent more time together, and our friendship grew more as my crush for him grew even more. But then he ended up asking me out, it was probably one of the most happiest days of my life. He had the same feelings as me! He always gave me flowers, perfume, chocolate, he would send me sweet texts, love letters, he made me happy, very happy. But soon we debuted and got busy with our work and our relationship was too hard to keep as a secret, we both felt extremely bad to the people who loved and supported us; fans. We hardly had time to see eachother but we still managed to keep a good relationship, another year went past and things got even more hectic, we no longer had very many schedules together and we both spent so much time overseas. We fought every time we saw eachother because of the stress that had been building up. I hated always yelling at him, he had done nothing wrong, I always just got so angry whenever he did something. It wasn't his fault, it was mine, because of all the busy schedules and stress I had been receiving. He didnt take things very well either, he obviously felt the same. We both secretly knew that we had to make the decision to break up, it wasn't working out at all. We barely contacted eachother for months until that one cold snowy night, we called eachother to meet up. 

I still remember every single little moment of it. 

I got in Minho's car, he looked at me with a smiled. I smiled back. he didnt drive anywhere, he just looked straight out the car window. It was tinted so no one could see us anyways. We remained silent for a while until I started a conversation. "Minho.." I muttered. "Yuri I know what you're going to say." Minho budged in and I looked at him with a surprise. "I know you're thinking about breaking up." He said. I stared into his eyes, we both knew it. Tears began to fall down my face but I tried not to show it. "And I agree with it." He said, finishing his unfinished sentence. "Im sorry." I apologised, they were the only words that would fall out of my mouth. I started wiping my tears because they were falling uncontrollably. "We wont be with eachother physically, but you'll always have a place in my heart. You're my first love Yuri. And I hoped it to be last too.. Deep down I know that I'll secretly always love you, I'll still be by your side Yuri. I'll still be a shoulder to cry on, a trustworthy friend-- not boyfriend. I'll always be here for you." Minho said quietly. I felt my heart ache, really hard. I knew what he was saying was meaningful and true, I just didnt want to take the choice. I felt guilty, I should have treated him better, respect him more. I should have been a better girlfriend to him. "Im sorry I was so bad to you for the past few months and I just didnt try harder Im sorry." I whispered. "Its fine, I know how you feel and I feel the same." He said, holding my hand tightly. I looked up at him he looked as upset as I was. "Thankyou for being my first love Yuri." He smiled and it made tears pour out of my eyes even more. "Stop crying you silly girl!" He joked and slapped my shoulder lightly. "I love you Choi Minho." I managed to say. "I love you too Kwon Yuri." He grinned. I let go of his soft hand and reached out to the car handle until his voice stopped me. "Wait... Just one kiss, one last kiss." He murmured and I turned around, his face was already close to mine and I gave in. His lips touched mine slowly, I felt a tear touch my face, he had been crying too. I gripped onto his face and gave him the most passionate, meaningful kiss I had ever given to him. But soon, when I was out of breath I broke it off. I looked at him one last time in the eye and opened the car door.

"But we thought i was best if we broke up." I said, coming back to reality. But the good memories made me smiled and I knew I would never forget them. I would still see Minho around at the same schedule or at SM building, but we would act as friends, nothing else. Deep down I still love him, but I know that this mutal breakup was meant to happen. 

Minho's POV

"I wonder who it is..." Taemin murmured. I smiled, knowing that she was talking about me. I never told the members about me and Yuri; they would just start going all weird at me if I told them. But yes, hearing her voice explaining our relationship was kind of heartbreaking, especially listening to it through the radio. However I felt the warmth. She seemed happy, and if she's happy then Im happy.

The end