The Superintendent in Hanrim Arts High

My School's Superintendent

"SEO YOOJIN!" You shouted for the umpteenth time. 

"COMING! COMING!"

"Well, hurry!!" You yelled back and crossed your arms with an annoyed look on your face. You impatiently tapped your foot and sighed, a second just pass by and you just wanted to strangled your little sister for being so late in the morning.

"Yoojin!" You shouted again. "Hold on! I gotta find my textbook!" She shouted and you'd just held in your anger. Your mom came out of the kitchen and saw your impatient look.

She'd just smile and pat your back, you spun around, surprised to see your mother. "Oh, good morning omma." You said and smile. "Waking your little sister up again?" She'd just smile at you.

You nodded. "She's a real pain in the .. Aish.." You sighed and your mom just chuckle at you. "Patience. She's still a little girl. Give her sometime to grow up." said your mom as she patted your back and went to the front door, ready to fetch today's paper.

*Mom's right..* You thought and sighed. "Yoojin!" You shouted. "WHAT?! I CAN'T FIND MY TEXTBOOK!" She yelled back at you. You'd just sighed, "I'll wait for you outside." You said and she respond with a very giant 'OKAY!'.

You waited right outside and just hummed to a random song, you took out your folder and start reading the assignments you have to do today. *Gosh, these things just keeps getting more and more.. especially those boys.* 

You sighed and just kept in your papers, while keeping someone actually snuck up to you while shouting, "BOO!" 

"WOAH!" You yelled and jumped, causing you to lose your balance and trip. You fell on your and you let out a loud 'oof'. You rubbed your sore bum and looked up, "Yoojin!" You scolded.

"Come on! We're late because of you!" She whined and start walking away, you just let your jaw dropped. *What on earth?!* 

"YAH! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS LATE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" You yelled while getting up, trying to reach her side. 


"Kim Jaejin! Stop slacking off and do your duties yourself!" You shouted to the troublemaker, Kim Jaejin. He was slacking off again as usual and you had to keep an eye on him since he never does his work well. 

"Aish! You again, superintendent..." He groaned and you'd just glare at him. "Don't slack off. Work!" You warned and left. "Ya-da~ Yada~" He sang and just lazily sweep the classroom floor.

*That Jaejin..* You'd just sighed at the thought of him. *He never changes... What shall I do to make him change? Hmm..*  

SLAM!

“Ow!" You winced while tumbling back and falling onto the ground, landing flat on your again. *What the?!* You looked up while rubbing your sore bum, a boy wearing a neon cap was looking down at you. "Sorry." He mumbled and left.

Students around gasped and you'd just get up, "Hey, you! Stop!" You yelled while pointing to his back. He stopped and spun around, "Me?" he spoke in his somehow attractive voice. Girls just squealed over at the sight of him. 

You rolled your eyes at them, *I don't get those girls..* 

"Wearing neon caps is against the school rules. No neon or colorful caps. Or to make it clearer, wearing caps is banned in this school. It's illegal." You said to him and he'd just smirked at you. 

"Sorry, but since I'm new here. I don't really know. Can't you just let me off this once?" He said politely. You'd just kept silent, he made a good point. He was new and didn't know the rules. He'd just smirked at you. Students around just kept whispering to one and another. 

You kept silent as usual, hearing the buzzing around and sighed. 

"Omo omo, seriously? Is she gonna write him down? He's new, by the way.." Said one of the girls and you'd just let your shoulders sagged. The boy in front of you smirked in victory. Looks like he has won the game. 

"Fine. But just this once. But, for now, take it off." You said and walked away. He'd just smirked and continue his path. *Funny. I don't remember her being here... Oh well, soon I'll find out.* He smirked. He went down the familiar hallways and into that familiar secretary's office. "Ms. Lee!" He waved while walking in, greeting the secretary in her mid 20's.

"Boy, I am not Ms. Lee, I'm already Mrs. and that's for the umpteenth time, Chunjae." said the secretary while stacking her folders. "What? Who's Chunjae? Don't you remember me, Ms. Lee? And wow! You're already married?! Congrats!" He happily cheered for her.

The secretary stopped and looked up. "Omo!" She gasped. "Jung Ilhoon?" 

"That's me!" Ilhoon smirked and did a spin and stop in a pose. "I'm back!"

Moments later...

"OMO! ILHOON! YOU'RE BACK!" The principal in Hanrim Arts High happily jumped out of her seat. She went up close to Ilhoon, her beloved nephew. "Aunty Jung! How are you?" He smiled and held out his arms.

Mrs. Jung happily hugged him and ruffle his soft light brown mixed blonde hair. "And wow, you've changed your hairstyle!" She cheered and smile. 

"Yeah.." Ilhoon smile at her while parting away from the hug. "So, where's your sister?" She asked. "Joo noona? Oh! She's still at overseas." Said Ilhoon as he plopped himself on one of the sofa's in Mrs. Jung's office.

"Comfy~" He smiled at his aunt. Mrs. Jung just sat on one of the armchairs, "So, why are you here? Things aren't going well in the states? School problems? Or,.. girl problems?!" Mrs. Jung's eyes shined at the part of girls.

Ilhoon nearly choked on his saliva and he just shook his head, "What the heck?! Aunty Jung! Stop it! I'm just 18." He quickly pointed that out and Mrs. Jung just pouted. "Aww, that's just sad. I wanted you to grow up and get a girl fast." Said aunty Jung.

"Psh.. When I do, the first person I'll tell is you." Said Ilhoon. "Really?" Mrs. Jung smiled at that. Ilhoon nodded, "KYAAA!" She screamed and Ilhoon just shook his head. "Seriously aunty, you're 35 years old but you're acting like a 5 year old. Tsk. Tsk. I think you should grow up first." 

"What did you say?" Mrs. Jung eyed him with a serious tone of voice that always or usually scares Ilhoon. Ilhoon just stare at her with panicking eyes while mumbling, "Nothing!" he sat properly and Mrs. Jung just smile at him.

"So, why are you here again?" Mrs. Jung asked. Ilhoon just smile and explained the whole story to her. 

"OH MY BABY ILHOON IS GROWING UP! YOUR GODMOTHER IS SO HAPPY!" Mrs. Jung jumped up and down while hugging him. "Aunty Jung!" Ilhoon whined as she messed up his hair again. 

"It hurts!" He cried out loud and pushed her hands away while grumbling, "I'm not a little kid anymore. I'm a man now! Jung Ilhoon is now a MAN!" He happily pumped his chest with his fist.

"AAAAHHH! YOU'RE COMING TO STUDY HERE AGAIN! I'M SO HAPPY! OH! HURRY! HURRY! I SHOULD SCHEDULE YOUR TIMETABLE!" Mrs. Jung hurriedly ran to her marble desk and pulled out a folder, she started to find his old profile in it.

After a few searching, Mrs. Jung finally found it. 

"A-HA! JUNG ILHOON! I FOUND IT!" Mrs. Jung smiled and held it up high for Ilhoon to see. Ilhoon just nod and smile. "Yay!' He played along with his aunt and she went over to give it to him. 

"So, do you want to take the test or-" "Can I just go back to the class that I'm suppose to attend to." He cut in and Mrs. Jung just nodded. "Well, okay! Since you are not that low or anywhere near average. I'm guessing you're going to the top class." Said Mrs. Jung as she went to take out his timetable.

"Here! You're starting tomorrow I assume?" She said and Ilhoon shook his head. "Nope. Today." 

"WAAAH!" She screamed in excitement. Ilhoon just jumped at her sudden outburst and shouted, "AUNTY JUNG!"

"MY BABY NEPHEW IS GONNA LOOK HANDSOME IN THE UNIFORM!" 

"AUNTY JUNG!!!" 


"Yoomin!" 

"Yoomin, I need help on.."

"Superintendent Yoomin! We need you right away!"

"Yoomin!" 

"YOOMIN!"

You hurriedly attend all to your meetings, and preparations plus assignments that you were responsible for. The corriculum activities time that we're changing, and the new design of the school uniform. The preparations of the new image of Hanrim Arts High, which was all your idea. 

Hanrim Arts High used to be a really messed up place, students often slacked off and everything and you think its such a pity since this school wasn't that bad. So at last, you were responsible for all of it when you chose to be superintendent of this school, more like a president. 

You went in the auditorium and saw that the speakers and decorations were all prepared, they just needed help on the banner only. At first, you were pissed off to see girls hanging the banner. But seeing that the boys were busy with the speakers and everything, you'd just let it off for once.

"Aish, it's not right. Can you handle it up there?" You asked. "I can't. It's too high, plus I'm not even wearirng any pants underneath my skirt." She whispered to you and you'd just sighed. 

You turn to the other girls, "Anyone of you willing to help put up the banner?" You asked. All of them shook their heads and you'd just sighed again. *Never mind. I'll do it myself.* 

"It's okay. Come down." You said. The girl obeyed and got down, "So, are we gonna ask the boys to-" Her words suddenly stopped as she saw you grabbing the banner from her. "Sunbae, what are you doing?" She asked.

"It's okay. I'll handle it." You smile and carried up the heavy banner in your arms. You slung it over on your shoulder and got up on the tall ladder, you weren't that tall at all too, so you had to tip-toe to reached the hook. 

You tried hanging one of the loop around the hook and made sure it's tight, "Be careful." said one of the girls below. You'd just kept quiet and focus on the hook, you didn't' dare to look down. 

Not because you're afraid of tripping if you suddenly lose your balance, but it's because you're actually afraid of heights. So facing your fear and going up there was really a challenge. 

Sweats appeared on your forehead and you were so close on the hook, until when a loud noise was heard, shrieks and boys chattering were heard. You're eyes turn sharp and you eyed the entrance to the auditorium. 

The two doors burst open and in came a herd of boys and girls, and in the middle was a boy with a neon cap on. Your eyes squinted closely on that familiar neon cap. *That cap.* You thought. 

*Where have I seen it before?* You thought, "Isn't that the new boy?" said one of the girls from below as they gawked at them. *New boy?* Your eyes widened and you remembered that new boy from this morning, the one with the neon cap. *That's him! And with that neon cap again! Argh! Him! I'll teach him a lesson!* You angrily thought and shouted.

"Yah!" You yelled. The chattering stop and everyone's attention is on you. "You again! I thought I clearly told you not to wear that cap! It's against the school rules! Please take it off!" You said and he'd just smirked.

"And who exactly are you to say that? Honestly, when we first meet I've never actually know who you are.. Why do you keep telling me and lecturing me about the school rules?" He asked and snorted.

You'd just gawked at him in disbelief, you were about to open your mouth until someone spoke up. "Psh, she's just an annoying superintendent in this school. Don't bother her." 

*What the hell?!* You're eyes snapped to a familiar guy sitting in one of the seats in the auditorium. "Kim Jaejin." You murmured his name out and Jaejin just smirked at you, he approached the new kid and held out his hand. "Kim Jaejin." He said.

The boy with the neon cap just look down at his hand then smirked, "And?" Jaejin's face was washed over with confusion. *What the-?!*

*Did that just really happen?* Jaejin was really confused. "So, do you have anymore introduction about you or this school's superintendent? Hi, president!" He saluted to you and you'd just stare at him in confusion. 

You uneasily waved over, forgotting about the banner in your hand as it fell off from your hand and dropped to the ground, as it drop one part of the banner accidentally hit your ladder. Your ladder wobbled as your eyes widened, you were panicking now with fear. 

"Yoomin!" The girls below shrieked on what was happening now. You'd just kept your eyes widened the entire time, hoping that this ladder would stop wobbling but it didn't go on how you hope it would be, instead of decreasing the amount of wobbles it was causing, it was increasing more and more.

Everyone froze, all eyes were on you. Finally, the ladder collapsed and your body was in mid-air, you didn't know what to do, you wanted to scream in fear, but was too scared to do so and you wanted to grabbed onto something, but there was nothing for you to held onto.

So at last, you were stuck, hoping you won't die when you squeeze your eyes shut, letting your body fall to the ground. Just when you were about to hit the ground and break your skull, you landed into a strong a pair of arms.

Gasps were heard as everyone went silent, all eyes glued to the hero who'd just saved you. 

"HOLY ! How did he run that fast?!" Some shrieked. 

Your eyes fluttered open and you looked up at the person who'd just save you. 

Neon colors greeted you first and you knew who it is, *It's him.* you thought and saw his full face, his handsome and wonderful features on his face. 

"Wow." You mumbled. He'd just smirked down at you, you'd just watch him as his face leaned forward, almost nose to nose, until he stop when you squeezed your eyes shut, *Is he gonna kiss me?!* 

Just when you thought he was gonna kiss you, he suddenly spoke, "Get off." was what he said. You're eyes widened in shock and he'd just dropped you on the ground.

"Ow!" You groaned in pain, that was the 3rd time today you landed on your . You rubbed it again and looked up at him, "Man, you're heavy.." He said while stretching his arms. 

You'd just glare at him, "My weight is none of your business." "I never said it was my business either. You brought it up first." He said. "Yeah, but-" "But, I've never said about you needed to lose weight. All I did was compliment you on being heavy only. It's not a big deal. Chillax." He cut you off while patting your back. 

You dusted your back where he had touched it, hoping that none of his germs were on you. *Ugh..* You thought and glared at his back, hoping to burn a hole in his brain. *I hate him..* 

Ilhoon just continue his walk out of the auditorium and saw his aunt, "Aunty Jung!" He said and Mrs. Jung spun around. "Ooh! Ilhoon!" She waved and Ilhoon went over.

"So, how was the walk?" She asked. "Not really that satisfying. I only wanted one helper but instead I got hundreds following me around the school later. Aish." He mumbled in disappointment.

"Aww, that's because you're too handsome and no one can resist you." She said, trying to make it sound better. "No, that's what idiot people see me as. Real people see me as a talented professional rapper, aunty Jung." He smirked and Mrs. Jung just nod. "Yes. You and your rapping. So, how about I assign you with another person who isn't really a fangirl or an idiot." 

"Hmm, you sure she's not a lunatic?" He asked, "Yep." Mrs. Jung nod.

"And not a sico?" "Yep."

"Crazed nutzo?" "I'm very sure." 

"Weirdo, moron, stupid brainless, nincompoop, pipsqueak-" "Whatever names you are going to pull out, all I can say is that she is not any of those. So, yeah, I'm very very very very sure!" Mrs. Jung cut in and Ilhoon smirked. "Alright. I'll take it."

Just then, the bell rang.

Mrs. Juing smiled to Ilhoon and patted his back, "Good luck. You'll love it here, eventually." 

"Maybe." Ilhoon shrugged and smile. "See you later, aunt." He said and went down the hallway. Mrs. Jung smiled and just went back to her office.

Ilhoon jogged all the way to his class and entered it, and was surprised to see you there again. *She again? Why do I keep meeting her today?* Ilhoon looked up at you in wonderment.

You noticed it and looked up, realizing that it's him again, you just frown at him. *Him again..* You shuddered at the thought of him. *Why is he here? He better not be in my class.* 

Just then, the teacher came in. You got ready and stood up, "Stand up!" You shouted. All boys and girls stand up, Ilhoon was the slowest and you rolled your eyes. *Fool.* 

"Bow!" You ordered. All did as told and they did their usual greeting to their teacher. The teacher told them to sit down and everyone listened. As the teacher went on and on about stuffs, he'd just realized that there is a new student in class. 

"Oh! And you there boy!" He shouted. Ilhoon stopped halfway and looked up, "Me?" 

"Yeah, you. Are you the new kid  in our class?" He asked. Ilhoon nodded. You mentally slapped yourself on the spot. "Oh, well, do you have anything to say to the class?" He asked. *No.. no! Please don't let him..* You covered yourself with the book.

"Exactly, I do!" He smiled and happily went up front of the class. "Hi! I'm Jung Ilhoon and I wish to meet people who actually have passion for music and all those other stuff that I adore. And I wish to meet amazing people. Thank you." 

*No.. this troublemaker.. is in the same class as me..* You slapped your forehead. Ilhoon just smirk and smile, *This superintendent is in for it.*