The Comeback

Shadows: Falling for my Fanboy

Jae Hee turned her TV off and slumped on the couch. She flipped her laptop open and started a video chat with Eunmee.

"We're going back?" she sighed,

"Yes we are. We can't evade them forever. Remember, we owe them their happy ending."

"I know, Eunmee. It's just... look at Kyuhyun now. He's a mess. He's a rebel."

"Well it's not our fault. He chose to be that way. It makes Sungmin feel so guilty like hell anyway."

"It hurts."

"It hurts everyone. That's why we're going back. We'll help make things right again."

"Arasseo..."

*****

5 Years Ago...

Sungmin sighed as he stared at his own reflection in front of the mirror. His eyes are red from too much crying, his cheeks are puffy and his parents are getting worried about him. Ever since he left without a word, his everyday routine was: Go to school and pretend, go home and pretend and cry like there's no tomorrow every night. His room became bare and empty without Kyuhyun's posters adorning it. His laptop is now free of 32GB space occupied by Kyuhyun's songs, wallpapers, fanfictions and everything because he deleted them all. He changed his phone number and deleted his social networking accounts just to make sure Kyuhyun wouldn't have the chance to communicate with him and ask him the most haunting question he's so fearful of: WHY?

Sungmin even thought of suicide. It was a good thing Ryeowook, Eunmee and Jae Hee were around to keep him in his proper mind. However, one day, Eunmee and Jae Hee just both disappeared leaving them letters saying that they needed to focus on other important matters.

Five years has passed.

Jae Hee went to study film making in France because it has always been her first love. She had her big break when her entry won the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. It was a grand slam win for her and the net thing she knew, she was on her way to Hollywood to create her entry for the Aademy Awards. That was where she met Eunmee again who turned out to be Seoul's Ambassador for Goodwill. Eunmee stayed with her family and studied in America. After earning her degree, she started a lot of charities and founded organizations for humanitarian causes. That was when the president of Seoul came in contact with her, informing her that UN has chose her to be Seoul's youngest Ambassador for Goodwill. Now, Jae Hee stays in Japan because of a film while Eunmee is still in America to finish some things before she goes back to Seoul. Life indeed, has been kind to them and so they're coming back to make things right.

*****

"Kyuhyun, I want you to check this script. It's for a movie. And tell me if you like it. The director wants you to be the lead role. If you agree, give me a call." Hyukjae said as he left the manila envelope containing a film script Jae Hee wrote. Kyuhyun looked at it and stared at the initials of the writer, Song J.H. He stopped his game and started reading the script. Thinking of where has he seen the initials on the script.

"Sungmin-ah, look! A director wants you to star in a film. Here's the script. You might want to read it. It could be your big break in acting!" Donghae said cheerfully before handing Sungmin the script. Sungmin just nodded and began to read.

*****

"I sent them my script. Do you think they'll take it? I wrote that story just for them. I've been saving that story since my finals when I was in 4th year. That was the script which made me top our class..." Jae Hee said thoughtfully as she was half way through packing her things. She was talking to Eunmee over the phone. "Well, maybe. Did you leave our name?" Eunmee asked, "No. Just the initials but Hyuknim recognized me. I just asked him not to tell Kyuhyun that it was me." she answered, zipping up her lens kit. "What are you feeling right now?" Eunmee suddenly asked out of the blue. Jae Hee stopped and stared at an old unpacked photograph, "To be honest, I don't want to go back anymore. Well, one day I know I'll be back but... I'm really nervous." she admitted. "Hmm... me too." Eunmee said flatly, "Eunmee are you really sure about this?" Jae Hee asked her again, "Yes, Jae Hee. Besides, you already sent them your script. Let's get the ball rolling again." Eunmee said as she yawned. "You go to sleep. I'll see you in Seoul, hm?" Jae Hee smiled, "It's been five years..." "Yes, five long and painful years... Goodnight, Eunmee~ I still need to call someone." Jae Hee said as Eunmee bid her goodnight and hung up.

*****

It was 3AM in Seoul. Curses and continuous mouse clicks could still be heard in Kyuhyun's dark room. He was winning the game but suddenly, his phone rang. GAME OVER were the words flashing on his laptop's monitor. "!" he shouted as he stared darkly at his phone. It was an unknown number. Should he answer it? What if it was him? He longed to hear his voice. He wanted answers. He wanted explanations. He wanted to hear him say his name again... should he answer it?

"It's Cho Kyuhyun and it's 3AM."

"Just as I thought. You never did changed. Well, except for all of those scandals stiked to you. Care to tell me what went wrong?"

"Who are you?"

"You're hurting my feelings, Kyuhyun."

"No seriously, who the hell are you?"

Jae Hee smiled and stared at photo in her hand before letting out a sigh,

"Kyuhyun, it's not yet the end..."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened, "J-Jae Hee noona?", he asked, his throat dry.

"You've been a really bad boy when I left. But no worries, I'll see you soon and you owe me five years worth of explanation." she said, sweetly. Kyuhyun tried to fight back his tears. Ever since Ahra and her family moved overseas, he felt so empty. "Noona, when can I see you? Are you in Seoul? Where?" he asked, sniffing loudly. "YAH! Cho Kyuhyun! You defeat everyone in Starcraft don't you dare cry like a lost boy or I'll kick your shins when I see you!" she laughed making Kyuhyun smile, "I'll see you all soon. Well technically, Eunmee and I. Just need to finish things here in Japan." "Arasseo. Please take care, noona. I'm looking forward to a match with you." Kyuhyun said and smiled, "Nae, Kyuhyun. Nae." she said.

"Oh, where did you get my number, by the way?" Kyuhyun asked, feeling lighter.

"Sungmin. He never deleted it."

And there was silence.

--END OF 2






[A/N:]
--OMG! I'm so sorry for the delayed update. Been really busy with school, complying with a lot of final requirements. But anyway, here is Chapter 2! What do you think? :)
I personally feel so sad for KyuMin. They had a really good start, neh? But don't you guys worry. Just keep your cool and everything will get better soon. ^^v

A little note about Shadows: every now and then, our updates will have a lot of flashbacks in order for you to know what happened in the span of five years. And as Jae Hee said to quote, "Five long and painful years". Everyone deserves a decent explanation, right?
BTW, new OTPs will possibly be coming soon and we promise to make this story as enjoyable as possible. :D

Thank you for the love! Until next update~ ^^
-Cass<3