The Confession (1)

Rain Sound

Is this sound of the rain, your voice?
Is this a sound that calls to me? Am I the only one thinking of you?

I draw you with a pencil, I erase you with an eraser that is the falling rain

I draw you out again today, will I be able to erase you?


The rain is starting to get bigger.

 

You inhale slowly, closing your eyes. Despite the fact that you're cooconed in a blanket, with the room heater on, somehow your surrounding still feels cold.

So is your heart.

 

Hugging your own body, you sigh deeply. You touch your window, trying to feel the water droplets from inside; you know it sounds ridiculous, but that's your habit. Cool sensation seeps to your palm slowly. You lean your forehead to the window, staring to the space again as memories start to flood to your brain, even if you don't want to reminisce them, even a single one. You shake your head, getting out from your bed, slowly making your way to your kitchen. A cup of hot chocolate would definitely help, you wish so.

Sipping the dark sweet-yet-bitter-tasting hot liquid in the cup, you sit on the counter. This room also feels extremely cold and silent. Your parents are overseas doing some business trips whatsoever, which leaves you alone in your home with your brothers, Taemin and Jongin, and they are nowhere to be found. Maybe Jongin is out with his teammates and Taemin is busy recording?

You make your way to the living room and spot Taemin in his deep slumber, upper body dangling and face-first with the carpet with lower body still on the fluffy leathery sofa, blankets are all over him messily. There's also Jongin neatly sleeping on another sofa, but the difference is that he's face-first with his iPhone which clutching tightly in his hands. His iPhone also covers his bee-stung lips flawlessly. You chuckle at the sight in front of you. It's kinda funny to see your brothers sleeping like this.

"What are you laughing at?"

You turn your head to where the voice comes. "My face's now sore because it had been trapped with my iPhone for like, what, 3 hours?" he scrunches his nose, and moving his lips in weird movements, attempting to scare away the soreness. You chuckle and shake your head. "C'mere." he motions you to the sofa, expanding his arms widely. You make your way to the sofa, making yourself comfortable against his chest. Jongin then hugs you tightly while rubbing your arms. "My little baby sis right there didn't even help my poor face from the iPhone invasion...... How if my iness level decreases because of this..," he stops for a moment and point at his iPhone "How could yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu?!" you look up at him and chuckle "You were oh so in the moment with your phone, Jongin. I had no guts to interrupt you two" he tsks and rolls his eyes, poking your forehead lightly. You giggle, and punch his chest playfully. He chuckles and kisses the top of your head.

"It's been ages since the last time we are cuddling like this..... I miss you, sissy." he looks down at you "My baby sister is now a big girl. Heh, when did the last time I see you?" you hug him tight, trying your best to fight your drooping eyes. You can hear your brothers starting to yawn too "Since two years ago? And I miss you too, Mr. Beezy" you can hear him scoff at the childhood name you gave him (or to be detail, the whole family has given him.)

"Aw crap. I'm missing out my sister's growing up moment" he clucks his tongue. "Shut it, Jongin. You're so warm and here is so cold and I'm sleepy and because of you my assignments due next week are all left aside" he snickers and mumbles something about how you're just using him as an excuse to be a lazy in a rainy cold day as your eyes start to shut. It's been a while since you're cuddled in someone's arms.

Jongin — despite the fact that he's friend with Daehyun, him being the school's baseball team captain and Daehyun as the vice captain – which makes the two close and somehow share some similar personalities, although Jongin is now a bit disgusted and mad over him since he found out that Daehyun has ended your relationship — reminds you of Daehyun. Realizing this, your eyes slowly flutter open while biting your lower lips

Why does it feel like I grow weaker? Why do I feel so alone than the past months without him? Why do I feel so numb?

What's wrong with me?

SIghing, you make yourself comfortable again in your brother's brotherly and warm bear hug, doing your best to throw him away from your head.

But, deep down inside, you know you can't.


"One chocolate mousse and cheese cake, and one cafe latte and apple tea. Yup. Correct. Thanks."

You two are in a famous cafe, sitting face to face. Hearing Daehyun's order to the waiter, you feel kind of flabbergasted with the fact that he still remembers your favorite drink and cake. Gulping nervously, you start playing with the napkin when suddenly Daehyun interrupts your daydream session.

"Hey. As much as I love seeing you biting your lips, please stop. We need to catch up, you know"

You stop playing with the end of the napkin and avert your eyes to meet Daehyun, whose chin is rested on the back of his hands and staring at you, smirking playfully. You slowly grin sheepishly and shrug, laughing with your infamous 'what can I do' laugh, waving your hands slightly in front of his face. He chuckles and catch your hands in his, "Oops" Daehyun sticks his tongue out. Blush slowly creeps to your cheeks, you might look like you're just out of steamer now.

"So... How have you been while I'm not with you?" Daehyun asks while playing with your fingers (with a flustered you) absentmindedly. What have I been doing when you're not with me? "Well, umm... I... um, I... I don't know?" you grin sheepishly at him. He stops playing with your fingers and look at you with amused expression, his deep dark brown orbs pierce right to you, if only looks could kill you are dead by now.

He chuckles and cover your right hand with his. "You don't know? Like really don't?" you chuckle nervously "NO! Um... I mean... Um I've been doing stuff..... Yeah.. Stuff..." you flicker your gaze at his hand, blushing, and avert your gaze down to your lap. "How about you? It's been ages since you joined TS..... How have you been yourself?" he smiles warmly "Been training hard.... So hard it hurts" he chuckles "And.. Um.. I.. I've been.. Um..." he averts his gaze to you "Missing you. So. Bad"

You blush, and avoid his eyes, ends up you're staring at your interlocked fingers.

"So... _____, tell me.. Uhm... You've been with someone when I was away?"

Your eyes widen at his question. Letting out your infamous snicker, you look up at him "You mean boyfriend?" he nods slowly.

"No, silly!" No of course not when I want to be with you, and you here as my boyfriend, not only best friend, but you are away "I was so busy waiting for you, you know. I just can't bear the idea when you come back you'll find me with a boy you probably haven't known" you chuckle "So, uhh, I wanna wait for you to come back first, then maybe find a boyfriend.. Well, um, so you can meet him first.. Sorta." he keeps quiet, still fiddling with your interlocked fingers, eyes steadily pierce through yours; leaving you with an awkward chuckle "... So, um, you–you two can get along, um, hopefully well"

There is a brief pause for a moment, silence creeps up to the spaces both of you in. Fortunately, the waiter comes with your cakes and drinks in his tray, wishing you to have a good meal, which you return politely, and Daehyun gives the waiter a smile.

"Shall we dig in?" he nods happily, taking the fork in his hand. You smile at the sight in front of you. Oh how I miss him. The two of you are busy with your cakes, chatting and busy catching-up, laughing occasionally.

"Is it good? The cake?" he grins cheekily while nodding his head. An idea pops into your head. You guys used to do this when you were kids. Smiling mischievously, you scoop a bite of your cake "Daedae..." he shoots his head right at you, eyes wide as saucers, lips slightly open, there's a cake crumb in the corner of his lips. You giggle at his nervousness, despite the fact that you also have fireworks parade playing down your chest. "Say aaah.." now Daehyun's mouth is officially in a perfect O.

"Is it good?" you ask him, smiling. He chews the chocolate mousse while tapping his chin. He grins at you "Definitely. But I think you can make a better cake than this one" he says in the most oh-you-do-know-I-am-right chef voice. You giggle at his silliness. Noticing that there's still a cake crumb at the corner of his lips, you reach for your napkin and flick it away, causing Daehyun's face to turn beet red and completely frozen.

"Well.... Are you busy tomorrow Dae?" you fidgets with the napkin in your hands "Wanna come over to my place? I'll cook.. And, uhh, I'll bake too. You don't have any practice, right? Uhm, if you do, uhm, I will, I'll just come to your—" dorm and bring the food for you.

"Sure. And no, I don't have any practice" he looks at you in awe, mouth slightly open, hands shoved in his pockets. "Well even if I do, I'll just... Uhm.. Tell manager hyung to give me a day off" he clears his throat and laughs nervously, scratching the back of his neck and unconciously his lips. Old habits never die.

"I must get going, Dae" you get up from your chair. You can see a flash of dissapointment in his eyes while he also gets up from his seat "It's really, really, really, obviously fun to hang out with you" you pull him into a bear hug, your hands on his waist, head buried in the crook of his neck "See you tomorrow?"

He moves his hands up and down on your back, eyes closed, inhaling your scent that he misses so damn bad .  "Yeah, see you tomorrow"

With that you two part away. Seeing you making your way back to your house, Daehyun sighs. There are two things he's been dying to do to you. One, telling you the truth about his real feeling to you and two, kiss you. Be it on the cheek, or hell, even better, a simple peck on the lips. He has no guts to do those, really. Truth to be told, he's scared. Scared that he would ruin your friendship that's been built since ages. Scared that you don't have the mutual feeling. Scared that you'd push him away from your life. Scared that you two would turn into total strangers.

Daehyun is so lost in his sea of thoughts when suddenly he feels something soft pecks his right cheek. Somehow, he doesn't even notice that you have turned your heels and have to sprints a little to get back to where he stands. Surprised, he glances at the direction

You kiss him on the cheek. It's something the two of you have done many times. But this time, it's different.

"You said you've been missing me. Silly, I have missed you too. See you tomorrow....... Again"

With that you quickly sprints outside of the cafe, making your way back to your house, wide smile plastered on your face. Daehyun on other hand still standing there, somehow dumbfounded, touching his right cheek, eyes as wide as a tennis ball, lips quirk up, and heart beating so fast.

You are so in love.