The Beginning

Rain Sound

You are staring out into the window, curled up in your bed with blanket cocooning your body, looking at droplets of water falling down from the sky, landing to the ground. The sky is so dark, so dark it looks like the black clouds have swallowed the entire part of the blue clouds.

The sound of the pouring rain always brings a calming sensation to you; as well as a pain that nestles in your heart. You have always been in a love-hate relationship with rain sound. Well, not really, if only Jung Daehyun has never been a part of your life. And unfortunately, he has played the main role in your life.

 


"Oh my god, _______? Is this really you?"

You widen your eyes in desbelief, a soft gasp escapes your lips. You keep scanning the figure in front of you from top to toe. Bleached blonde hair, slightly wavy; his puffy and full lips form into a grin, which, truth to be told, you find it very cute. You can't believe this guy standing in front of you, is exactly the same boy next door from years ago, which in few months later the two of you got closer and declared yourselves as best friends. He is three years older than you. You still remember you tried your best to hold your tears back when he told you he would go for some times to pursue his dream in music industry. You, as his best friend, obviously really happy for him, and would always have his back; but you were also not really enjoying the fact that he would be far, far away from you. You still remember the last hug you two shared; so tight, so warm, never wanting to let go. If only he knew, you had always been getting this weird feeling whenever he's around. You quickly snap to reality.

"Are you kidding me? Jung Daehyun? My long lost best friend? The one who always wakes up earliest? Oh my god, man, look at you! You're all grown up!" he chuckles at your giddiness. "Yeah, yeah. It's the same ol' Jung Daehyun you knew," he chuckles "You also look good yourself. And, um..." suddenly he outstretches his arms and wrap it around you, pulling you close, exactly identical with the last hug both of you shared. You're a bit startled, but quickly recover. You wrap your arms around his neck tightly, burying your face against his chest, taking in his soft yet musky and fresh scent, just like back then. You can feel he's doing the same to you. He exhales slowly, his hot breath hits the crook of your neck where his head's settled comfortably "I miss you so much, ______. Sorry I never call you or check on you. It's just that..." he sighs, still holding you tight, while rocking your body left and right, slowly rubbing your back. "I was afraid that I couldn't hold myself any longer then fly my soul all the way to home" he chuckles "....... Just to see you again. And dad, mom and my brother. Sorry, _______." You look up, locking gaze with him. You see sincerity in his soft, deep-dark brown eyes. You smile at him. "Aww, Hyunnie. Why are you being such a mellow ball? It's okay, you know. Look at you, you are now a singer, um, a lead vocalist. You're in B.A.P now, am I right or am I correct?" he hums in approval and chuckles at the crook of your neck. "Nahh right. I saw you guys in the TV but I didn't even know it was you! All of you are blondes, kinda hard to recognize your face. Sorry. Hell, I should've known it was really Jung Daehyun on TV when you sang... Which I didn't" you scoff at your own memorizing skill "and, um, I miss you too, you know. Anyways, can we, like, move to the side? People are staring at us" his face turns red, and he lets go of you. You giggle, face also flushed. He chuckles nervously, scratching the back of his head. "So.... What are you doing here, alone by yourself, ______?"

"Ah... I was just gonna enjoy my time while doing work. At the corner of the cafe, with fluffy sofa. It's good really. Helps me do my work at ease" you chuckled, swinging your hands back and forth. Daehyun holds his gaze on you, but slowly scanning the space you two are in. It's a coffee shop, with many bookshelves and stuff, surrounded with warm moccha wallpaper, slow songs playing in the background. A perfect place for writers, and you are one of those, and couples, if only you have a boyfriend, though. "This is a very comfy place indeed" you nod. "Hey, ______. You wanna go out with me, like, now? We can get cheese cake and chocolate mousse. What do you say?" What. He still manages to remember your favorite food. And he is practically asking you out. A date with your long lost bestie slash everlasting crush. He is now a singer, famous guy, with so many girls drooling over him. But now here he is, asking you out, stuttering cutely, hands shoved in his pockets, biting his lower lips, eyes fixed on the ground. It's like his shoes is the most interesting thing in the whole universe. He might be a superstar now, but he still has the same warmth and sincerity you've known for so long. He doesn't change. Is he afraid I will reject his offer? Hell no

A small smile slowly creeps on your face, risens Daehyun's hope a bit higher. "Well..." you trail off. Taking Daehyun's hand in yours, intertwining your fingers with his "That sounds great. Let's go now?" his mouth slighly opens, but quickly turns into a huge grin. Squeezing your hands, he drags you along with him. "Yup. Let's go! Where do you wanna go?" You laugh at his cheery self. Jung Daehyun, you are definitely gonna be the death of me.