Same Old Feelings

Fix Me (There Will Be Love)

“Park Heungsoo.”

The named student looked over his shoulder and was met by the sight of Class 2-2’s class president, Go Namsoon, standing behind him.

Heungsoo sighed as he turned around to fully face the other student. “What do you want, punk?”

Namsoon perked his lips, forming a small pout-ish frown, at the cold reply. Crossing his arms over his chest, he said, “I thought we were done with this whole hate issue.”

“We are.” Heungsoo sighed another time once he realized what he had just signaled to the other boy from his reply earlier. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to sound harsh. It’s just... old habits die hard, you know?” He explained, offering his friend a smile to make it up.

“Oh...” Namsoon’s eyes slowly dropped to the floor between the distances of their feet.

The feel of regret immediately punched him in the gut when he once again realized the tone of his words. He mentally smacked himself for it. “Go Namsoon—”

“No.” Namsoon stopped the other boy. He looked up, hesitantly returning his gaze with his friend’s. “It’s alright. You don’t have to apologize.” One corner of his mouth twitched upwards in reappearing half smiles. “I understand.”

Nice job, bastard. Heungsoo commented on himself in his thoughts. “So... What did you want?”

“I was hoping you would want to come over to my place after school.”

Both students squinted when a round of soft breeze swiped across Seungri High’s field, avoiding any dirt from getting into their eyes. It was odd for Heungsoo, because he couldn’t explain why his sight remained glued on Namsoon’s face, even though the other boy himself had his head tilted away in the opposite direction from the mild gust of wind.

Go Namsoon was a beautiful being, pushing aside the fact that although he was a male. Is, always had been, and probably always will be in Heungsoo’s eyes. It was the idiot’s beauty that had changed Heungsoo – his thoughts, his status quo, his attitude, his doubts, his belief, and his feelings. Ever since that stupid punk made existence into his life, he became his other number one love in it, which the other was soccer.

It must be the light.

Call Heungsoo crazy, but he concluded that Namsoon looked a lot more beautiful under the afternoon light. Every inch of the class president’s features seemed to enhance to the viewing eyes—glowing, if he might state. The boy looked absolutely flawless.

“...soo. Hey. Heungsoo.”

Heungsoo blinked as he was brought back out of his mind’s river of thoughts by the sound of his friend’s voice calling his name. As much as he hated it, he liked it just as much. “What?”

“You spaced out for a minute there.” Namsoon chuckled.

“Oh. Sorry.” Heungsoo rubbed the side of his neck sheepishly, embarrassed. “Anyway. In what occasion?”

“I thought we could hang out. You know. Like old times.”

Not this again. “We don’t have to that.”

“Yes, we have to.” Namsoon replied determinedly.

Heungsoo tucked his hands into his PE jacket, though he wasn’t joining today’s lesson either (because it required the maximum usage of his legs and feet muscles, in another word: soccer), and glanced at the field where his other classmates were taking warm-up jogs around the lines of it. “It won’t bring back anything, Namsoon, if that’s what you’re trying to do.”

“I know.” Namsoon let his head drop at his friend’s sentence. For a short while, he let silence fill the atmosphere between them, and then he said, “That’s why I was hoping we could make a new start by reliving a few of our past activities. Maybe we’ll find something new out of it.”

“Like what?” Heungsoo stared at the other boy.

“Anything.” Namsoon replied, unable to hold the baby tears that were beginning to puddle in his eyes from the dwelling feeling inside of him. “I just want to make something out of us again.” He exhaled a swift breath, one he had not noticed that he was holding, as his eyes began to shade in very light red.

Heungsoo breathed out a flow of carbon dioxide through his nostrils, creating a thin puff of smoke in the open air, as he thought about the idea. He stepped forward, closer towards the other student, and lifted his hand, using his thumb to wipe away a stray tear that had escaped from Namsoon’s eye and traveled down his cheek. “Alright.” He said, making the other look back up at him. “I’ll come over, you stupid punk.”

-

“Do you want to take a shower first?” Namsoon offered while slipping off his shoes and stepping on to the smooth floor of his apartment.

“I didn’t know that this would be another sleep over.” Heungsoo replied, watching the other boy open his bedroom door and throw his bag in, as he took off his shoes as well and closed the door behind him.

“It’s not.” Namsoon looked at his friend who still stood at the entrance door. “I’m just giving some courtesy to the guest.”

“Are you saying that you always offer showers to anyone who visits your place?”

“What?” Namsoon paused from getting the packs of ramen out from the kitchen shelf to snap his head back around at the other. “No!”

“You said it was courtesy.” Heungsoo said, restating the other’s previous words.

“It is.” Namsoon continued to prepare the utensils and ingredients, placing them on the kitchen counter. “Only if it’s you.”

Well, this caught Heungsoo’s attention.

“Why?” Heungsoo asked as he took a step into the main area of the apartment, kissed by the cool air-conditioned air that filled the room.

“Don’t ask, punk.”

Namsoon gasped when the pack of ramen in his hands, which he was in the middle of trying to open, was snatched away from his hold. He quickly turned to his side, coming face-to-face with Heungsoon.

“Why.” Heungsoo repeated.

Namsoon clicked his tongue. “Give that back, Park Heungsoo.” He reached out to grab the pack from his friend’s hand, but the other boy hid it behind his back. He frowned. “It’s not funny.”

Heungsoo smiled cheekily and brought his theft hand up in the air, dangling the pack of ramen above his friend’s figure. “Here.”

“Heungsoo!” Namsoon whined as he tried to take the pack of ramen, only to fail in each try he made. “Aish! Will you just let me cook dinner in peace?”

“This pack of ramen for an explanation.” Heungsoo said.

“You know what? Keep the ramen pack. I have a lot more in the shelf anyway.” Namsoon lifted his hands and went back to stand in front of the counter, resuming his activity.

“Come on, Namsoon. Just tell me and I’ll give this one back.”

“I have dozens more where that came from and they’re explanation-free.”

“I’ll throw them out, then.” Heungsoo walked passed behind the boy’s figure and to the said shelf above beside his head.

Namsoon’s eyes widened at his friend’s extending hand to the shelf’s door handle and he quickly gripped the other’s arm, halting him. “What is wrong with you?!”

“I’m curious.”

“You know the reason!”

“I do?”

“Yes, you do.”

“Give me a hint.” Heungsoo placed the ramen pack in his hand on the kitchen counter beside him while his eyes remained on his friend’s.

Namsoon tilted his head back as he groaned in annoyance. “If I do, will you stop bothering me and quit with the questions?”

“I’ll even take you up on your offer and have a shower.”

“Promise?”

“Yes.”

Namsoon sighed. “Fine.” He placed the cooking spoon he was holding down on the counter and he looked into his friend’s eyes. “Go stand in front of the bathroom.”

Heungsoo’s eyebrows creased to the center under his forehead. “Why?”

“You promised that you wouldn’t ask anymore questions, you punk.”

Heungsoo rolled his eyes and left Namsoon’s side. He placed his bag on the living room floor as he headed to the bathroom door, stopping in front the wooden barrier, and turned around to wait for the other boy’s further instructions. With an expression to match, he lifted his shoulders in confusion.

Namsoon seemed hesitated, worried even, before he eventually strode across the living room to where the other student was.

“Am I supposed to wait for something to hit me, or...?”

“Open the door.”

Heungsoo opened his mouth to respond, but ended the intention when Namsoon glared at him. He blindly grabbed the doorknob behind him, gave it a twist around, and pushed the door open.

Namsoon switched on the bathroom light by pressing on the switch beside the other boy’s figure. Now, he stood right in front of his friend, barely more than ten centimeters of length dividing them.

“I’m waiting.”

“I know.” Namsoon answered. After a term of clenching and unclenching his hands, he shakily placed them over on Heungsoo’s abdomen, feeling the muscles underneath the layers of uniform tense, which he guessed was probably out of surprise.  “I’m sorry you had to wait so long.”

Somehow, Heungsoo felt that Namsoon’s words meant more.

“Go Namsoon,” Heungsoo called as he held on to both of his friend’s wrists to stop them from their journey upwards on his body. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, bastard?”

“You’re breaking you’re promise here.” Namsoon warned. “If you do, then I won’t owe you anything anymore.”

Heungsoo’s breathing grew heavy and his hold on the boy’s wrists tightened. His eyes pierced through the other’s calmer gaze as he finally decided to loosen his hold and let his hands fall back against his sides.

What’s this slick bastard trying to pull off now?

The palms of Namsoon’s hands grazed over the other’s uniform as he moved them across his friend’s broad chest, passed his shoulder blades, up the sides of his neck, and finally rested behind his ears, fingers slipping into the dark brown strands, while his thumbs swiped the patch of skin under his side burns. Cautiously, he pulled the boy's face closer, one timid inch at a time.

Heungsoo was still indefinite about the whole situation. Namsoon wasn’t really thinking of doing—?

“Namsoon,” Heungsoo’s hands flew from his sides and grabbed the other’s waist, stopping him once again, with just an inch’s worth between their lips. He couldn’t help feeling goose bumps when his friend breathed against his parted mouth, and the boy’s serious, yet dazed, expression made it all the more harder to resist as he held him in place.

Namsoon was just too beautiful.

“What is it?” Namsoon whispered his question, staring at the other through already half-lidded eyes. His body was heating up, even in the cold temperature of the room, and the fact that their bodies were too close together for the average circumstances for two boys was just a little too much out of his control.

“You’re too close.” Heungsoo told his friend in a same toned whisper.

“I know.” Namsoon breathed his words. “I should have been since three years ago.”

This was definitely not just about the ramen, or for a petty answer to Heungsoon’s question anymore.

And Heungsoo had finally caught on.

“Stop feeling sorry, Namsoon. I’ve told you before, haven’t I?”

“I’ve been trying to, you stupid punk.” Namsoon’s vision started blur as fresh tears began b in his eyes at every painful reminder of their history coursed through his mind in a every passing second. “I just can’t.”

“You—”

“Park Heungsoo,” Namsoon interjected with a shaky voice. “I just wanted you to know,” A lonely tear dropped out of the front corner of his eye when he blinked, down to whichever of their uniforms. “That even during our time being parted... I have always, and am still only in love with you.”

Everything came into a breaking stop for Heungsoo. Had he just heard right?

“You will always be special to me. So, I’m sorry, you bastard, but you can’t do anything about it.” Namsoon’s breath hitched in his throat and his lips quivered. With every other unneeded thoughts shoved aside, he leaned forward and sealed their lips in a terribly aching kiss.

It was a very stiff and shamefully awkward kiss. With Heungsoo’s arms frozen like statues around Namsoon’s waist, and Namsoon’s lips not quite aligned with Heungsoo’s to be called as a proper kiss. But, over the above, it was still a kiss.

Heungsoo wasn’t even given a chance to register the entire thing—the taste, the feeling, and the emotions—when Namsoon carefully pushed him by his chest and backwards into the bathroom. After quickly regaining his balance and posture, he called out, “Namsoon—”

“No questions, Heungsoo.” Namsoon said, smiling, with a tear stained face and his hand on the doorknob, slowly pulling the door closed. “I’ll go prepare dinner while you shower. Towels are over there beside the mirror and I’ll lend you some of my clothes to change in a short while.”

Those were all that was said before the door shut closed, leaving a stunned Heungsoo inside the bathroom, and a tearing Namsoon on the other side of the door.

It was a pain from the past, but apparently the scar still remained and was still growing in one of the two souls in that apartment, uncured and unrepaired – left.

In which that referred to soul was Go Namsoon’s.

 


 

a/n: hello everyone~! *groans* I just love this couple so freakin' much (as much as I love hunhan)!!! I love them so much that I jsut had to write a fanfic about them because of my unfulfilled desires from watching the drama, which I still think was SUPER AMAZING AND HEART-WARMING AND TOUCHING. *spazzes* anyways I hope you like this fic of mine~! upcoming chapter will be rated [M]. *gasps* be prepared! >///<

사랑 & 포옹 & 키 스,

Loner