Chapter 13

Starship's Newest Group

“Each of you will have a different theme of your shoot, some of you may be in more than one shoot while some may just be in their solo shoot.” She said walking the group to the CF’s set. “Now lets’ make some magic.” She said to the group. KwangSun’s shoot was of him lost in the street trying to figure out directions of the neighborhood. He took out his black SIII and used the navigational too leading him to MinMi’s home. After his shoot was Beats where he was walking through different stores sampling music from each stores with his red SIII’s sample music app. Then was MinMi’s shoot where she was casually sitting in a living room ‘watching’ a drama and each time her blue SIII rang she flipped it over so it auto-hung up one people. Her CF ended with a knock on her door and KwangSun glaring at her showing her the list of missed calls.

 

                JungHee’s shoot was next and he was mixing things in the kitchen. The maknae was confused on a recipe and used his white SIII’s voice app to make it look up the recipe so he wouldn’t need to use hands. Last was EunJi’s CF where she was sitting on a swing taking pictures of herself and the area around her and editing it with her pink SIII. All the CFs went smoothly and  they recorded the narration for each CF right here. Jane praised them on a job well done, happy there were no big mistakes or problems. Rubiks went around thanking everyone who took part in their first CFs feeling pride from making the director happy. “Where do we put these phones?” MinMi asked Jane who gave her a confused look. “Those are yours, think of it as a reminder of your first CF.” She told the group earning bright thanks and cheers from the group. “We have personal phones now!” EunJi cheered noticing KwangSun and Beats already going through wallpapers and ringtones.

 

                “I hope we work together again.” Jane said when it was time for the group to leave. Mr. Pae escorted them out and took them to the SST radio show. It took an hour and half to get to the radio studio.  “We are here Rubiks, here is your title single to play on the show.” He said handing KwangSun a disc. “Yes, Sir.” The leader said putting his phone in his pocket so he can pay attention. “Turn all those phones on silent now.” Mr. Pae ordered the group who quickly followed his orders. He and the group left the van and walked to the radio show’s studio. “Annyeonghaseyo, I am Shindong.” Super Junior’s Shindong greeted his dongseangs.  “Annyeonghaseyo, we are Rubiks. Hello Shindong-sunbae.” The group said to him and did a ninety degree bow. 

 

                KwangSun told the host that he was happy to be on his show and handed him the disc with their debut song. “Ok, I will play this during the opening of the show. Then after the song is done I will introduce you all and we can start your segments.” Shindong explained to the group. “I am so happy to be working with a member of Super Junior.” MinMi said when he shook her hand. “Kamsamnida.” Shindong said happy to meet more fans. “I will go and start the show and give you the cue when you can enter.” He said and went to take his seat at the mic. The group stood patiently as he introduced their song ‘Upgrading Life’ and played it for the pubic for the first time ever. Rubiks started to feel various emotions from hearing their song for the first time on the radio.

 

                “We aren’t that bad.” Beats said causing JungHee to elbow him from embarrassment. “Is that really us?” EunJi asked blushing at how happy she felt from their song. “It is little dongseang.” MinMi answered hugging her best friend while humming along with song. “That was the newest rookie group, Rubiks, debut single Upgrading Life.” Shindong said after the song had finished. “And we have a surprise for all of you. We have Rubiks right here in our studio.” He said and signaled for the group enter the studio. The members each took a seat around the mc, males on one side and females on the other. Once they were settled they waited for KwangSun’s signal. “1, 2, 3.” The leader started, “Annyeonghaseyo, we are Rubiks.” The group said following the countdown in loud clear voices. “Your song is getting a lot of positive reviews after your song was just played.” Shindong said reading the live comments computer screen. “Wow.” EunJi said in English reading one of the three screens in the room.