Sad Tears of Joy

[ONESHOT] Sad Tears of Joy

→ I rewind the memories that I've had with you; Close my eyes shut and rewind them; In the loving days, I am smiling; But painful tears are flowing from my eyes.

Boram fell down on her knees in the deserted parking lot. With the rain pouring down, no one could see her tears. The tears of a heartbroken her. How could Jiho dump her like that? Did five years mean nothing to him? Boram couldn't do anything. Even though they weren't together anymore, she loves him. He meant everything to her. He was her life. She couldn't do anything but cry.

Boram remained in her position and suddenly got up. She knew that she shouldn't be crying over a guy. She thought back to her mother telling her to always keep a positive mindset even in the darkest ofdays. She closed her eyes and remembered all of the good memories the two of them had. She remembered the last words he said before he stepped out. "We can still be friends, right?"

A movie played in her head. The first time they met near the pier, his confession to her, their first date at her favorite bakery, and especially where they first kissed. She needed to forget about them. All ofthe wonderful memories they created over the past five years. All of them.

Tears still streamed down her face. She chuckled. "Why won't they stop?"

→ Even though I turn my head at your familiar scent; Even though it won't be, I'm still looking for you; Maybe this is not my heart.

Boram was sitting in her middle of her living with boxes surrounding her. She began taking out the contents of the first box. Beside her laid hundreds of photos. Digital photos, Polaroid photos, and photo booth strips in a chroma of colors. Boram took out frames as well. She glanced at every single picture. If the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" was true, Boram had essays.

The second box was opened. Out came his old clothes. They were meant to be thrown away, but Boram kept them. She hugged one of his shirts and took a deep breath. His familiar scent flowed into her and she felt calm. She grabbed a pair of pants and put on his clothes. She ran to the mirror and pretended to be him. "My name is Jiho and I think I'm so masculine when I'm really sweet and soft on the inside!" She said in a superman voice. She laughed.

Memories flowed into her head. They used to run around and hug each other in the apartment. Now, since he was gone, Boram turned her head and found the spot next to her empty. She returned to her spot in the center of the mess she created and one by one, the boxes were opened. Many things were contained in them. Stuffed animals, old couple rings, their favorite CD, and more photos. And every single one had a story behind it.

→ Always, at this position, at this place; I wait for you, but you don't come back; Only the cold memories; Your cold stare glances at me ; I can't see the person that you and I loved.

Boram went back to all of their special places. She made an itinerary of the places and packed everything she needed for the trip. As she walked outside, she greeted her confused neighbors with a smile. When she reached her car, she neatly placed everything on the seats and started the car. *This will be a trip down memory lane.*

She drove and admired the scenery around her. A child reaching for his mother's hand, a waitress helping her fellow coworker with an order, an elderly couple walking together with their arms linked and smiles on their faces. They were the perfect image of what Boram had expected Jiho and her to be when they were old. A peaceful smile laid on her face and her eyes returned to the front of the road. First destination. The faithful bakery where they had met.

The moment Boram stepped into the bakery, she was greeted by all of the staff members. They were close friends of hers now, considering the fact that they were the first to know of her relationship with Jiho She smiled and sat down in the exact same spot, two seats from the door and right next to the window. Jiho claimed that he fell in love with her at first sight when he saw her in the window.

She smiled and ordered her favorite pastry. She sat there waiting and imagined Jiho sitting in frontof her talking about what he wanted to do next. She always agreed to his plans because it made him happy. She visited many places that she would normally never visit because of him. They always had fun and enjoyed each others' company. It made her happy.

→ My heart that has its "what if", will you forget my voice?; My lips call out only your name.

Boram's final stop was the restaurant where he had dumped her. She looked at the building in the daylight. It seemed so much happier and livelier than she had remembered it. Of course, she had last seen it during one of the darkest days of her life. She entered the restaurant and smiled to the waitress. Taking her spot in the same seat as two weeks ago, she felt a part of her heart rest.

As the waitress came to her table, she smiled and ordered the same thing as two weeks ago. She wanted to replay the whole scene. This time without the heartbreak. She pretended Jiho had already arrived and she smiled at him. She began talking to the "Jiho" that came in, despite the increasing amount of stares she was receiving. She needed to do this to finally move on. She was almost there.

She was sitting in front of the imaginary Jiho and began laughing as if he had just said a funny joke. Then, Jiho apologized to her saying that he had to go see his sister and that he would meet her back at their apartment. He got up and smiled at her before walking out the door. Boram watched him leave and enter his car. As soon as his car began moving, it started to fade and Boram's eyes began watering.

Tears fell and she knew that she was in the last stages of forgetting about Jiho as the restaurant door opened again.

→ Always, at this position, at this place; I wait for you.

"Boram...?"

She looked up and there was Jiho. Her eyes widened. Was he real or just a figment of her imagination? Didn't the Jiho she imagined already leave? Boram curiously looked up at him. He looked so real, so alive, so touchable. She slowly got up and walked over to him. The Jiho that stood in front of her had his eyes wide open, curious of what she was doing.

"Boram... What are yo-" Boram had grabbed Jiho and hugged him tightly. He felt his shirt get stained by her tears and he began her head. Soft sobs were emitted from the girl below him and his face turned sorrowful and he began hugging her back. After a few minutes, he slowly pulled her away.

"Boram. I'm sorry." Jiho slowly got on his knees. "I was wrong. I don't know what I was thinking. When I went to visit my parents, they wondered where you were. I kept imagining you everywhere. I couldn't forget about you. I'm so sorry. I love you. Please take me back." The other people in the restaurant watched the scene sadly. They were all feeling the emotions of the heartbroken couple.

Boram just stared at him. She couldn't believe what Jiho said. As much as she had gone through to forget about him, there was that small part that still wanted him back. As she looked at his sharp facial features, the small part in her heart had won over and she softly smiled at him. Boram pulled Jiho up from his knees and dusted off his pants. She hugged him.

"Jiho. No matter how much I tried, how much I went through these two weeks, I couldn't forget about you either. I love you with my life. And, yes, I will take you back." She smiled and put her lips to his as he twirled her around in happiness and joy. They separated and looked in each other's eyes. *I love you. Forever and always.*

---------------------------------------------

hey everyone! i'm sorry i haven't been on, despite if you know who i am or not... here's a oneshot to hopefully make up all of my lost time^^ enjoy &+ comment please~