Little things about her

Listener

 

It’s one rainy Spring afternoon. I saw her on the sofa in the living room sipping her cup of hot chocolate. I know it’s hot chocolate because it’s her favorite during this type of weather. She sips her hot choco with her legs pulled close to her chest and both her hands clasping the mug to give her small and feminine palms a good warming up. She saw me come in and smiled at me, motioned for me to sit beside her and watch the local TV drama. I did as I was silently told, put my arm on her shoulder and pulled her closer to me as I plant a gentle kiss on top of her head catching a whiff of the scent of her hair. She leaned her head on my shoulder and I smiled, enjoying our closeness, and the calmness of it all.

In another day, she is standing on tipped toes in front of me, snaking her slender arms around my nape and pulling me for a deep kiss before I leave for the office. She would always do that and I would always love that she does.

I love that I can always tell she’s excited with her feet. She would always prance and act like running with the smallest steps of her feet when she is excited. She would turn round and round with those little hopping steps when she gets rattled or nervous. She would always look cute doing those. I hate it when people make me hurry but with her, I could never be mad. I’d get mad, but seeing her eyes locking into mine, those light brown orbs patiently and lovingly staring straight at me, calming my very soul, I couldn’t stay mad. How could I?

I love how her small round eyes turn into larger perfect circles when she gets surprised and how those same eyes would form crescent moons when she laughs.

I love how her tongue would lightly stick out of whenever she would ask ‘What?’ or say any word that ends with letter ‘T’.

I love how she turns her head and give me that silly smile whenever she thinks of a crazy and often childish idea of what we should do on a boring day. She would suggest simple board games or play cards but would always be excited about the punishment to the loser. She always suggests cleaning the bathroom for that. Or water the plants. Or wash the dishes.  I don’t know why that excites her. But I got excited too simply because it excites her.

I love seeing her smiling. I love seeing her laughing. I love seeing her happy. I love her.

I love seeing her whenever I would go home from work. A tiring and busy day would easily be thrown on the background when I see her face smiling broadly at me, her lips inviting. No matter how stressful my day went, I would always go home in her warm embrace and wet kisses.  I couldn’t ask for more.

We first met in a restaurant in a hotel one evening. I saw her strutting her way towards a table where three other women her age are waiting. She walked into the place and I easily noticed her. Not because she’s pretty, and I tell you, she really is pretty with her small round eyes, small nose, perfectly shaped lips, and cheerful looking face, she really is a beauty. But as I said earlier, that’s not the thing that I noticed first about her. Not even her rocking body which her simple blue dress didn’t succeeded to hide. It’s her confidence and bearing. The way she move those graceful legs, the way she sways her hips, even the way she whips her hair when the wind blew it on her face as she enters, it speaks of confidence and feminine power. That caught my eyes, my attention.

I didn’t let that chance slip. I went to their table and introduced myself. I really wished I didn’t appeal so airy to her. I asked her about it when we are together for a month or so, and she said that I might slightly came a little full of myself that night but she said that I also seem nervous and that she found me cute. I pinched her nose in return.

We talked about anything. Everything. With her, I can always talk about anything that goes in this thick skull of mine. I don’t know how, but she always always understands me and gets my meaning and I came to wonder how she can do that. I asked her about that too. She answered with a shrug of her shoulders and a giggle which I’ve always loved to hear. “Maybe because we’re the same?” and we would laugh silly.

It’s our first year anniversary when she agreed to move in with me. I tried convincing her to do so after three months of falling crazily in love with her. That is, a month after she said ‘yes’ to me. Three months after I met her.

She’s alone in this country. No relatives. Her entire family is back in her home country. She decided in coming to Korea to find what this country has for her. Okay, I made her admit the real reason. She went to visit this country after being crazy over a Korean pop band named Teen Top but ended up more in love with the country and not to some boys who sings, dances, and raps on stage. She fell in love with me! Okay, that happened later. She first fell in love with the country and decided to first purchase a franchise of a well-known food chain to bring to her country. That worked well, I tell you. She’s not only good in terms of looks; she’s also good in business and money.

After being together with me, and I tell you, she fell for me, HARD, she decided on franchising another and settle here, with me. That’s been my green light, my go signal. I asked her to marry me.