Chapter 12: COmeback

He Was Mine

Chapter 12: Come Back

                “You called?” Bongcha asked, surprised as she flopped down on her bed, making sure to keep her cellphone pressed against her ear. She had just got back from Jiyong’s place and had finally turned her phone off of silent when Seungri’s ringtone started up again.

                “Yeah, I called a couple of times.”

                “Sorry, my phone was on silent,” she sighed, “Forgive me?”

                “It’s fine,” he said, “Is your dress finished yet?”

                “Almost, Jiyong just has a few more finishing touches. I’m not allowed to see it until it’s done now… So do you want to meet up tomorrow?” She tried to hide the excitement in her voice. Despite how much she enjoyed Jiyong’s company, she had missed her idiotic panda all week.

                “Can’t,” he groaned, “I’m going with Haejung to help her pick out shoes or something like that.”

                “Oh,” she tried to hide the disappointment in her voice, “Do you think maybe we could go on a date the day after next?”

                “Of course.” She could hear the smile in his voice.

                “I can’t wait to see you.”

                “I missed you too.” They talked for a little while, not as long as Bongcha would’ve liked, but then something pulled him away from the phone. She sighed before putting her own phone on the charger. Before going to bed, she texted Daesung asking him to work out during the day. He immediately agreed; at least that was something to do.

 

                Seungri now had a strange disliking to the sight of high heels. He almost wanted to tell Bongcha that she never had to wear them again. Then, he thought about how her legs looked when she wore them and changed his mind.

                “What do you think about these?” Haejung asked, moving her foot this way and that to show off this new shoe.

                “Isn’t your dress blue?” he asked, “Do red shoes go with that?”

                “No to these too?” she asked, sticking her bottom lip out in a small pout. Seungri couldn’t hide the loud sigh that escaped his lips. Fortunately, it caused her to giggle.

                “Just one more pair?” she asked, doing her best to look cute. His mind wandered off to think about Bongcha doing something like that. He didn’t notice that she had left to go find another pair of stilettos until he dropped out of his reverie.

                 

                “If you do anymore, you’re going to hurt yourself,” Daesung commented as Bongcha finished her last rep. He helped place the bar back where it belonged before she sat up on the bench. She sighed and ran a hand through her damp hair. Perspiration dotted her forehead and slid down her next as she took in a few more deep breaths.

                “I need something to work out my frustrations.”

                “You and maknae are turning into almost a disgustingly cute couple,” Daesung commented, “He better marry you soon or you’re going to be more buff than he his.” She chuckled and Daesung smiled. It was the first time she had smiled since they had started working out more than two hours ago.

                “Go tell him that.”

                “Nah, then I would lose my workout partner.”

                “Are ministers supposed to have muscles so big?” Bongcha teased, getting up on shaky legs.

                “There’s nothing against it.”

                “Then I guess you won’t lose me as your partner,” Bongcha joked as the two of them began to walk towards the locker rooms. She caught her reflection in the mirror and wasn’t sure whether or not she was supposed to be proud of her toned physique. Compared to Haejung’s small arms and legs, she might as well have the biceps of a body builder.

                “You look fine the way you are,” Daesung hit her gently upside the head, “Your muscles will look great in the dress Jiyong is making. Just remember: Team Seungri!”

                “Team Seungri!” she agreed, both of them giggling before finally parting ways. When they reunited, both of them were showered and wearing clean clothes. Daesung still wore a shirt that showed off his arms, but any man would want to show off those arms.

                “Do you mind dropping me off at Seungri’s house?” Bongcha asked suddenly as the two entered the parking garage.

                “Nope, I’ll be your taxi. As long as you pay for a smoothie stop on the way over.”

                “Sounds like a plan,” she said as she dropped off her gym bag in the back seat. The smoothie stop didn’t take too long, both of them slurping down their own unique fruity concoctions when Daesung stopped in front of the Lee mansion.

                He waited until she had disappeared inside the giant expanse of a house before pulling away. The butler immediately let her in after she knocked. He bowed and said, “Master Lee would like to request your presence in his study while you wait for the return of his son.”

                “Oh… Alright,” Bongcha nodded, a little taken aback. Normally, the family ignored her when she came to visit. Mr. Lee usually requested her presence through phone or e-mail at least a couple of days in advance. She wiped her bangs out of her face before walking up the stairs, carrying her duffel. She dropped her stuff of in Seungri’s room before heading to the designated location.

                She knocked once on the door before entering. He was waiting for her without a single document on his desk to steal his attention. It was odd and a little bit eerie. “Sit down,” he commanded while motioning to the seat on the right that she usually occupied when they had meetings like this.

                She complied, not even bothering to sit like a lady in the sweatpants she was wearing. “What did you want to see me about?”

                “Have you thought about what I asked?”

                “You’ve asked me many things,” she replied, “I’m having trouble remembering which one you are referring to.”

                “Becoming a business major, taking over my company. That’s what I am referring to,” he glared at her over the top of his wire-framed glasses, “Have you rethought your decision?”

                “No.”

                “Come back on Wednesday at precisely 3:15,” he said, leaning back in his chair as his steely gray eyes never broke contact with her own. Bongcha cocked an eyebrow, not sure how he expected to change her mind. No matter what he said, she was going to become a stunt woman.

                “I’ll keep my calendar open,” she said, rising off of the chair. She walked towards the door, not waiting to be excused by her soon-to-be father-in-law.

                “I would start applying to those colleges I sent you,” he said as she opened the door. She paused to glance back at him curiously before shutting the heavy doors behind her. She sighed before heading up to Seungri’s room and immediately flopped down onto the bed. She cuddled up to one of his pillows, inhaling his scent to calm her down.

                “What is he planning?” she mumbled before letting her eyes close. She’d take a nap while waiting; it would make the time pass faster.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i'm so sorry that i haven't been updating but my life has been pretty crazy for the last couple of months and only stands to get even more insane *le sigh* yay college...