Avoidance

Forget Me Not

Within the next few days, Ga-in has been preparing for the trip, excitedly. Kwill, as well, was excited as this meant much more time with her to capture her heart. On the other hand, Kwon was feeling extremely guilty for hurting Lizzy. Although he knew for sure he loves Ga-in and no longer Lizzy now, his conscience for hurting Lizzy  and making her love for him a one-sided one made his heart feel uneasy. Nonetheless, this uneasiness was beaten by his awkwardness and his cowardice.

 

It was apparent to Kwon's colleagues that he kept avoiding Lizzy in the office. He even gave her much less work so as to not interact with her that much. Lizzy knew perfectly well why he avoided her and she had no courage to go near him after the humiliation she felt. However, his coldness to her was so torturing for Lizzy that she couldn't help but to tell him. It took her a week for her to muster her courage to beg him to stop.

 

Kwon was alone in the pantry during lunch hour. Lizzy hid behind the walls, peeking into the pantry and was glad her chance finally came. As awkward as it is, she still had to find a way to enter the pantry without looking uneasy. She forced a smile and walked into the pantry without looking at Kwon but at the coffee machine. As she made herself a cup of coffee, she could easily sense Kwon looking at her, the whole time, giving her a sense of hope even though it meant nothing.

 

"Maybe he still likes me?" She thought to herself.

 

She can't help but smiled a little. Confident now, she turned and headed to the table where Kwon was seated. She made sure she smiled at him but Kwon was sure that Lizzy wouldn't be smiling like that after being rejected. Something was wrong with that smile.

 

Lizzy sipped her coffee, gazing at Kwon over the rim of the cup. She missed him more than ever. Kwon felt uncomfortable of course but he didn't want to hurt Lizzy by being so blatant so he sat there for about a minute before he leaves. At that moment, Lizzy frowned and called him.

 

"Kwon-ah!"

 

He froze there. "Should I turn around?"  He thought. Before he could even turn, she asked softly, "Do you like Ga-in unnie?"

 

He refused to reply out of fear that Lizzy would start crying again. She, however, insisted on an answer.

 

"Answer me will you? Do you like Ga-in unnie?" She asked, a little louder and firmer. Kwon still didn't dare to give her an answer. He decided to walk away when she yelled, "I know you like her. It's okay. You don't need to answer me. I know."

 

"But I beg you not to treat me like this. I may be upset now and I know you feel guilty about this but I'm telling you you don't have to. Just make sure unnie and you be happy together. That's all I wish for you two. I will definitely recover from this soon so don't feel guilty. Treat me like how you used to. We are still friends I hope," She continued.

 

Kwon turned to face her. He felt even worse to hurt such a nice girl like Lizzy. But since Lizzy wishes the best for him, he decided to listen to her.

 

"Thank you, Lizzy-ah." He smiled genuinely. For once in that week, her heart finally felt warmth. "Maybe it isn't all that bad to give him up for his happiness..." She thought.

 

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Finally! Tough scene to write because it's all so cheesy *vomits* But you can't help but feel bad for Lizzy, do you?

 

You thought Lizzy was angry and bent on revenge... haha^^ But who knows... not now maybe... (I'm not saying anymore) I like this because you would never guess what the problem is... hehe...

 

SPOILER:

Kwill's concert and problems starting real soon...

 

Hope you liked it.