White Day

Forget Me Not

Thursday, 14th March 2013

 

The girl tiptoed to her supervisor's office with a gift box she had prepared for a month. She did so successfully while Kwon was in the toilet. She had to surprise him but her anxiety prevented her from staying. She nervously dropped the gift box on his table and quickly went home before he sees her.

Kwon walked into his office to see the sparkling red gift box on his almost empty table. It took awhile for him to realise that day was the White Day he waiting for. He went nearer and picked the box, knowing who it was from but had secretly hoped the sender was someone else instead.

He opened the card. It was Lizzy indeed. The smile and the joy he was yearning for wasn't there. It was a box of chocolates. His mind was immediately brought to Ga-in. It's been four days since the Jeju trip and it felt like eternity. He remembered the sudden vulnerability in the chic Ga-in and felt really worried for her.

The dazed Kwon shook her out of his mind and noticed Lizzy wasn't anywhere in the office. "She must have gone home..." He thought. He packed his briefcase and left the office.

As he drove home, he noticed he was near Ga-in's place. He started driving towards it. His face lit up with a sheepish smile, yearning to see her face after what seemed like eternity since he last met her. With hopes of being able to cheer the depressed Ga-in these day, he finally reached her home but to see through her windows that her house is completely dark. He wanted to make sure she wasn't at home so he parked his car along the road to call her. Unfortunately, he couldn't pluck his courage to call her on White Day. He knew Ga-in took over Lizzy's place in his heart since the Jeju trip after a long reflection when he returned. Hence, he drove off.

...

It's been a month since Kwill last saw Ga-in and it had proved to him that he really liked her. He finally finished his first solo concert basic preparation on White Day coincidentally and his manager allowed him to rest for the night early. Immediately, he thought of visiting Ga-in and he did so.

He knocked on her door. No one answered. He called her home phone and no one picked up. A little disappointed, he decided to wait until she comes back. He gave her calls but to no avail. "Could she be spending White Day with someone else?" He thought anxiously. Still, he  waited since he is unable to do anything and he misses her terribly. He can't possibly waste this free time of his now that he had the opportunity to call on her.

That one hour was like a torture, not knowing if she has a date and wondering when she will come back. Sounds of footsteps of her neighbours did not fail to disappoint him but well, it was a wait well-worth for. When she came out from the lift, he smiled widely and rushed towards her.

"You're finally back! Where did you go? I couldn't reach you," he asked.

Ga-in stared at him oddly. "Is there anything important?" Kwill shook his head. "If there's nothing, why are you here? Aren't you afraid of getting caught by netizens?"

Kwill was left speechless but he reasoned by saying he forgot about his image. "Kwill-ssi, you must take care of your image.  Oh... You haven't answered me yet. What are you doing here?" Again, he is left speechless. "Ummm... I'm here because... Wait... Why do you look so happy?" He tried to shift the attention to her apparent good mood.

She smiled sheepishly in response to the question. "You know? Kwonnie? I went on a date with him today! Today! White Day! He spent time out of his busy schedule for me, not..." She then remembered Kwill is Lizzy's cousin and that she should stop before he gets angry. However, Kwill was overwhelmed to remember Kwon's relationship with Lizzy. Disappointment was what he felt when he noticed that she obviously likes Kwon. Even she supported his guess by admitting herself. "I like Kwon but Lizzy is who he likes. Don't worry about Lizzy and Kwon." She assured him. His heart felt heavy and with footsteps as heavy, he walked away, leaving a bewildered Ga-in behind.

 

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Really bad chapter... Had writer's block after realising something was odd so I removed that portion which was the main point of this chapter... Now what's left is a little boring to be used a comeback chapter from my hiatus... I do hope you'll still find it okay, I hope...

Now we're one step closer to more problems, now that Kwill knows Ga-in likes Kwon. I can't tell you when the real problem of the story starts but do look out for it soon^^

SPOILER:

JeA could easily tell how uneasy that girl was. Jealousy is the best word to describe what she felt. Ga-in better watch out.