Not On The Menu

Not On The Menu

In which Myungsoo is kind of a spastic idiot that believes in Greek Mythology, Sungyeol tries to be a helpful bro, and Sungjong is pretty much flawless.

Not On The Menu.

Kim Myungsoo hates his job. He hates waiting for customers, he hates working at the register, he hates the stupid apron he has to wear, and hell- he even hates the smell of coffee.

“Excuse me, can I have a large iced coffee?” Myungsoo sighs as he inputs the order and holds out his hand for magical green things that he needs to survive. The magical green things are what keeps him here, palm outstretched and half-pout always on his face. “Wait, I changed my mind, make that a medium sized iced coffee.” Myungsoo’s hand is still out. “Actually, don’t you think the weather is a bit too cold for an iced coffee?” Myungsoo sighs again.

He really hates his job.

-

Myungsoo has been working at this particular coffee shop for five months. It is a tiny little thing that is tucked away from the rest of the world on the corner of some street. The place is homely, with cushioned chairs and sofas, and a fake fireplace that is forever on (regardless of what season). Their coffee is good enough to have no one complaining, but it’s not the best thing about it.

The whole ambiance of it, from the quiet music that always plays, to the tranquility of it being a tiny, quaint shop is what keeps people coming back. They don't have a designated pick up station; instead, they have whichever worker who's free personally hand over a porcelain cup of caffeine. (unless it is stated as a "to-go" order- and then it gets the y cup with an even ier lid). Many people, Myungsoo notes, sit down just to sit and enjoy their coffee. He sees students pouring over textbooks here, nursing a hot drink as they try to memorize whatever it is that they need to. Others, their regulars, turn it into a place to socialize and catch up with colleagues or old friends. It is a place for comfort- a little sanctuary. They get whatever it is that they need from this place.

And then Myungsoo checks his watch and dutifully notes that his shift is up in two hours. He gets a meaningless sense of satisfaction from constantly checking his watch and almost religiously calculating how long until he gets to hang up his apron and go home.

He gets to say “I’ve survived for five months and one day,” after his shift ends in two hours. It is with a bit of childish hope that he looks towards the door and hopes that nothing catastrophic occurs in the next two hours. (It is his single hope each and every time he works.)

The door chimes, signaling an incoming customer coming into their homely shop. Myungsoo doesn’t even look at the new arrival; instead, he busies himself with trying to paste a welcoming smile on his face. (The key phrase here is that he is trying.) 

Luckily, Myungsoo isn’t actually considered a part of the welcoming committee, and never will be. “Hi and welcome!” A voice chimes from behind him, noisily sorting and bagging coffee beans. The voice is loud, cheery, and obnoxious, perfectly suiting its owner. “Sit anywhere you like!”

Myungsoo makes a show of sticking his finger in the inside of his ear to check if his precious hearing is still intact.

He immediately gets a playful shove from the owner of the said voice. “Myungsoo you , I am not that loud.”

And he snorts, satisfied that his hearing hasn’t had enough of the loudness that is Lee Sungyeol (his co-worker and manager, of all things) and is still with him. “I’m sorry, what was that? You know I don’t know how to read lips yet, Sungyeol.”

He gets another playful slap and Sungyeol just demands that he do the work that he is paid for.

Myungsoo finally looks at the new arrival and whatever bull smile he has managed to put on slips off his face the moment recognition hits. 

“Oh.”

Amused almond eyes look back at him as the person repeats, “Oh.” Myungsoo irritably notices the shiny hair, clear skin, and beautiful facial features. 

Myungsoo likes to think that knows this particular customer very well. (Which is to say, not that well. But more so than the other regulars, in any case.) 

He doesn’t know his name (probably something pretty), or his age (maybe a little younger than him), or what he does (a student, if all the papers he carries around is something to go by). He has guesses, but knows nothing concrete except for the fact that this customer comes into the shop at the same time (eight o’clock) every day and stays until one hour before closing (at which would be at one o’clock). Quite interestingly, that is the time frame of the five hour shift that Myungsoo works every single day.

He grimaces as he remembers the first time he met this particular person- and he says particular, because it's not like Myungsoo likes to remember faces or customers. 

It bothers him- how much clarity he has of the first meeting. 

Myungsoo didn't mind most of the jobs at the coffee shop he worked at- especially because they worked on a rotational system and he has no choice but to do whatever is assigned to him. He didn't mind most, but he disliked manning the register the most.

"Hi!" There is suddenly a bright, sunny smile in his line of vision and a high toned, sweet voice infiltrating his ears. Something in Myungsoo makes his brain shut off for several moments and thinks start going kind of hazy- and he has to blink several times to recuperate. 

"Hi," Myungsoo immediately remembers that he is working (because Sungyeol's barking laugher is kind of hard to ignore and a telltale sign that he just saw Myungsoo space out). "What would you like?"

The customer at this point tilts his head to the side and thoughtfully asks, "Do you have anything lemon flavored?"

Myungsoo blinks in surprise at the strange question before pointing to all the baked goods in their display/bakery case. "We have lemon scones."

He smiles, and Myungsoo's vision does that weird hazy thing again, before another question is asked. "I meant, do you have any lemon flavored drinks?"

Myungsoo immediately thinks this guy is a joke, or, at the very least, a grade A idiot. This is clearly a coffee shop- not a tea shop. He shakes his head and merely states, "There is nothing like that on the menu," which makes the boy pouts slightly.

"Why not?"

Myungsoo stares at him blankly because what do you mean why not? He pointedly gestures to the chalkboard above and behind his head and says, "That's all we have."

The customer nods, practically frowning. "How boring." 

Myungsoo is about to scoff at the customer because he was the one that had to painstakingly write the menu- and if he doesn't like anything here, then he could just get out- but refrains as he sees that the guy in front of him is genuinely looking at it; and look at it he does, because he scans the menu for what seems like forever (which effectively holds everyone else up and creates a line). 

He has to actually clear his throat and start recommending things for orders something that is actually on the menu. Myungsoo gets cut off by the third item he recommends.

"I'll just have that, then." He gives a sunny little smile as he hands over bills; he is still smiling when Myungsoo returns his change and he thinks that there is something wrong with his body when he feels like his cheeks are on fire as their hands touch to exchange coins. (He vaguely entertains the thought of having been bewitched before he remembers that witch hunts are now deeply frowned upon.) 

"No lemon flavored drinks though? Seriously?" At this point, Myungsoo's mind finally registers the strange haze as him registering that this customer is (very) aesthetically pleasing. 

Myungsoo frowns and basically reiterates, “It’s not on the menu.” And will probably never be.

Said aesthetically pleasing guy rolls his eyes at him (quite prettily, Myungsoo notes) and pouts slightly. “I was just asking.” He turns around, sits at a table near the window, and proceeds to distract Myungsoo for the rest of his shift. 

There is something striking about this particular customer. He thinks it’s the eyes, or maybe it’s the hair, or it could possibly be the clothes- or maybe it’s just everything about him because his whole persona screams for Myungsoo’s attention, even when he is doing something as automatic and natural as just breathing.

“So what’s on the menu today?”

“Everything that was on the menu yesterday.”

They start a little routine; the customer asks mundane questions about the menu, Myungsoo shoots him down, the customer proceeds to stare at the menu until a line forms, which then makes Myungsoo make recommend random things from the menu- and the customer always picks the third drink.

The usual exchange of money occurs, Myungsoo busily hands over the order or makes the drink himself, and the customer sits down near the window,

The pretty boy customer stays there, usually for hours, sitting at one of the tables with work spread out in front of him. He hums happily and twirls his pen too fluidly and- Myungsoo would swear on Sungyeol’s life that the customer was somewhat glowing.

-

Myungsoo, for all the time time that he spends at the coffee shop, rarely delivers drinks. Instead, he pushes that duty onto whoever he can, whenever he can. Like right now.  “Hey.” He prods a fellow co-worker (who is a dongsaeng that has to do his bidding).

He gets a cheerful smile and a, “What, hyung?”

“Taemin ah, deliver this to our customer.” His dongsaeng pouts at the order, but takes the cup of coffee anyway. (Because, well, he is used to it.)

He points to who the porcelain cup has to go to, and Myungsoo snorts when he sees the confident flip of his hair and the animated hand gestures as he talks to a friend. Taemin rolls his eyes and prances away to deliver the coffee.

Myungsoo watches, for a little bit, as Taemin sets down the coffee gently and smiles sunnily, loudly saying, "please enjoy the coffee!"- to which he gets a nice smile in return. And Myungsoo thinks that, objectively, there’s nothing special about this customer that he is watching,  and that there is nothing that sets him apart from every other person wasting their time in this coffee shop.

But, if Myungsoo had to begrudgingly pick something- he snorts again when he sees a pair of eyes turn into moon crescents and hears a pleasantly loud, almost sheepish, laugh.

It would definitely be his eyes.

-

Myungsoo wishes that he never picked what sets that one regular customer apart from everyone else in the coffee shop (and quite possibly, the world). Because now Myungsoo can’t stop thinking about him.

-

Myungsoo figures that things are getting weird when he starts using his time at the coffee shop to stare at someone rather than to work.

He knows things are getting really weird when that mysterious customer appears in his dreams.

Especially when all he can focus on is a beautiful eye-smile and the only thing he hears is, “Is there anything lemon flavored?” over and over and over again.

-

Myungsoo clocks in at eight o’clock sharp, irritated after what is the ninth day after the first lemon themed nightmare. “What is so special about eyes anyway?” he mutters, angrily throwing an apron over his head.

“They’re the windows to your soul- duh, Myungie.” He whips his head towards his most disliked (okay, okay, most liked) female coworker and huffs.

“It’s oppa, Krystal.”

“Okay, Myungie.” She grins up at him, and all Myungsoo can do is roll his eyes and shoo her away.

“Go away and flirt with Taemin or something,” he complains. “I don’t want you around me.” Mean as the comment sounds, that’s how their relationship works- and they never take it to heart. So Krystal mock salutes him and does indeed frolic towards her boyfriend.

“Windows to your soul, huh?” He sighs softly, noting the familiar ring of an incoming customer, and an even more so familiar face.

Myungsoo thinks that the source of his nightmares must have a very pretty soul- which doesn’t really help him any.

-

“You’re staring.” Myungsoo is, undoubtedly, staring at the customer that is haunting his dreams.

“I’m not.” But he denies it anyway.

And then Sungyeol laughs and his voice immediately goes into a teasing, loud, and exaggerated, “You are~ your head hasn’t moved for the past thirteen minutes, Myungsoo. Krystal almost thought you died while standing.”

He coughs awkwardly, faint blush spreading across his cheeks. “I’m not staring.” He’ll keep insisting- whether he is already caught or not.

“You are~” Sungyeol crows again. “So who is it? Who caught your eye?”

And Myungsoo curses and internally slaps himself because right after Sungyeol asks, his head instinctively turns to look at the said person he has been staring at.

Myungsoo doesn’t think he has ever heard Lee Sungyeol laugh so loudly- and that says something. “Oh, he’s cute.” He suggestively wriggles his eyebrows and makes dramatic kissy faces towards him.

“I wasn’t staring.” Myungsoo is still insisting- and at least no one can say that he doesn’t stay by his standpoint.

And he is not because he is Kim Myungsoo and he doesn’t stare at people- people stare at him.

“You keep telling yourself that, Myungsoo,” Sungyeol snorts, hitting Myungsoo playfully with a towel before sauntering over to register to actually do what he is paid for. He has a eating grin on his face.

Myungsoo doesn’t know if Sungyeol is reacting accordingly to his last statement or if he has somehow read his mind.

Regardless, Myungsoo finds himself liking Sungyeol a little less after that conversation.

-

It is three hours later and Sungyeol still has the same eating grin on his face. “You’re still staring.”

Myungsoo scowls- clearly unhappy. They have been having the same argument for the past three hours. Myungsoo is tired of it- he got tired of it after the ten minute mark. “I’m not.” But that really means that he is. He has long passed trying not to look at him while Sungyeol is talking, but not looking at him while Sungyeol is talking makes Sungyeol just that much more insufferable. And he knows Sungyeol won’t dismiss this topic anytime soon, so Myungsoo just looks on.

Sungyeol pats Myungsoo’s head condescendingly and cheerfully asks, “Want me to introduce you? We go to the same school. He’s actually a good friend of mine.”

“No,” is the immediate response, and it’s more like a knee-jerk reaction type of response.

Sungyeol grins, nods, and then waves his hands in the air, shouting, “Hey Lee Sungjong, come over here!”

Myungsoo cannot recall a time that he has hated Sungyeol more.

(But now he has a name to put to a face and he hates how happy he feels about that.)

-

Myungsoo is introduced to Sungjong by way of Sungyeol- and now he feels like he owes Sungyeol a fruit basket or something because Myungsoo has figured out that Sungjong is pretty much flawless.

He finds himself smiling, and can’t even will himself to stop, even as Sungyeol continuously wiggles his eyebrows at him.

Myungsoo doesn’t even mind when Sungyeol introduces him as, “This is Kim Myungsoo, the guy that can and will give you his life.” Sure, he hits Sungyeol after the older boy says it, but he figures it’s worth it once he hears the response given.

“Lee Sungjong- nice to meet someone who can and will give me his life.” There is a teasing grin that comes with that, and Myungsoo mentally reminds himself to send Sungyeol a really big fruit basket on his birthday.

-

There is a little hint of a smirk when Sungjong smiles at him now that they have been formally introduced, and that makes Myungsoo grin. It is a telltale sign of something more than him being just a pretty boy; it is something akin to snark, or maybe arrogance, or maybe it is something completely different- but whatever it is, it pulls Myungsoo deeper into this strange and seemingly never ending black hole called “Lee Sungjong”.

There is a promise of something more with this boy- he’s not one to say things like that, but when he sees those eyes (those eyes), and that reserved smile- well, he just can’t help it.

It kind of bothers him a little bit, but excites him nonetheless. 

He can’t help it.

-

Myungsoo starts to wonder what is happening to him.

-

Myungsoo is still a university student. That’s why he works so often at the coffee shop; all the little magical green paper things go towards the financial black hole called “school”. He is a third year university filmography student who is in a hurry to finish all of his required classes for graduation. He wants to get of this place already. (He counts the school days just like he counts his work days.)

He is in one of those silly general education classes- he vaguely wonders why he signed up for a philosophy class before he remembers that he needs this because it is a prerequisite to something he needs to take later. Why it is a prerequisite to that class, he will never know.

Myungsoo sits there idly, half listening to the on-going discussion and half focusing on drawing an epic sunflower on the corner of his lecture notes.

One of his classmates, who Myungsoo affectionately calls “Howon hyung”, is taking a nap besides him.

“Lee Howon, Kim Myungsoo- is my class that boring?” The professor playfully asks, which causes Howon to snap back up and wipe away the drool.

It takes all that Myungsoo has to not burst into laughter right then and there.

They dutifully say, “no, your class is awesome,” before the teacher laughs easily and gets back to business.

Both Myungsoo and Howon try to pay attention this time around.

“We’re moving onto Greek mythology now guys~” the teacher croons. There are stifled groans all around, which has the teacher looking slightly offended. “What’s with all the complaining? You guys don’t like Greek mythology?”

No one dares say a word, because their teacher could get scary- in an over-zealous, passionate, “what I am teaching is amazing and you must all love it” type of way.

The professor takes the silence as an affirmative and huffs. “Okay, fine, I’ll try to start out with something interesting- how many of you are in a relationship?” No one raises their hands, probably because telling a teacher that you’re dating someone is more awkward than it is not. “Wow, you guys are all a little bunch of liars.” He laughs good-naturedly and pretends that his students actually participated and raised their hands accordingly.

Myungsoo shifts in his seat and tries to finish his doodle of an epic sunflower.

“Okay, for all of you liars that are actually dating someone but didn’t raise their hand- have you heard of a guy named Plato?”

Someone from across the room quickly quips, “The planet?”

“That’s Pluto, son- and that’s not even considered a planet anymore.” is his teacher’s kind reply. Someone gasps in the back row, and Myungsoo cracks a grin. His professor just smiles as nicely as he can.

“Well then- since I’m guessing no one has ever heard of him, he is the perfect person to introduce us to Greek mythology!” Someone halfheartedly cheers. “Plato once said, and I quote, “According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate beings, condemning them to spend their lives to search of their other halves.” Now isn’t that exciting, children?”

Most of the class at least tries to smile at their professor’s enthusiasm.

Myungsoo has just finished his sunflower. He looks up at the professor and asks purely out of curiosity, “That’s like saying you have a soul mate, right?” He doesn’t know why he asks- his mouth sometimes has a mind of its own. But it makes sense to him- being split apart, and having to spend one’s life searching for your other half- if anything, it sounds like some soul mate stuff to him (not that he would know a lot about that, of course).

Their professor excitedly claps and says, “Yes! That’s right!” He claps his hands twice and starts animatedly going more in-depth about Greek mythology.

Myungsoo is lost from there.

-

Myungsoo yawns, tired from a particularly long and grueling day of school; he has to suddenly snap his mouth shut, mid-yawn, right when Sungyeol throws a crumpled up napkin towards him. “Darn, you closed your mouth. I was hoping to make a repeat of my success!” His manager pouts from several feet away.

“You got lucky one time, Sungyeol hyung.” Myungsoo frowns at him, picking up the wayward napkin before Sungyeol can even think about trying again. He never wants a repeat of Sungyeol throwing paper into his mouth.

Sungyeol sticks his tongue out at him and says, “That wasn’t luck- that was skill.”

“I didn’t think you knew the difference.” Myungsoo good-naturedly smiles at his friend, but the teasing implication is still very much there.

“Oh, I know the difference very well,” Sungyeol grins at him before turning his back, easily taking someone’s order, giving Krystal the instructions to make the drink, and turning back to continue his conversation. “Luck is like meeting someone you find very attractive coincidentally.  Skill is actually being able to go up and strike a conversation with that very attractive person.” There is a sneaky smile and an even sneakier undertone to the words that make Myungsoo’s cheeks flush.

All he can do is pout and complain (because no, he does not whine), “Don’t do that- it’s weird.” (But it sure sounds like whining to Sungyeol.)

Sungyeol continues to grin, eventually prodding him with annoying and teasing fingers. “Go talk to him.”

“No.” Myungsoo is still blushing. “I don’t want to.”

Sungyeol looks a little sympathetic when he says, “You’re an idiot.”

-

Myungsoo starts to see something else in Sungjong- something more than the nice, gorgeous image that has constantly been thrown in his face. (He still refuses to talk to the other boy- for embarrassment, or fear, or something else otherwise.)

He realizes that the boy is quite studious, as he comes here to study every single day. He figures out that he is not as gentle as he looks (if the arguments that he has with his friends are anything to go by), and that he is sneaky.

He gives secretive smiles, his eyes always have a mischievous glint in them, and it is like he can go from one persona to the next, in a flash.

Sometimes, he acts as the gentle college student, with a really lovely image. Other times, the raging best friend makes an appearance. Every so often, his manly and taciturn side shows itself. And occasionally, the bastard who has a ton of aegyo and gets whatever the hell he wants decides to take over.

All this, he takes just from quietly looking at Sungjong when he gets the chance.

And all of that manages to intrigue Myungsoo even more.

-

The moment Myungsoo walks into the coffee shop, Sungyeol strides up to him and opens his mouth. “Make me a vanilla latte.” Sungyeol demands, immediately and repeatedly poking Myungsoo on the shoulder. Myungsoo stares blankly, not moving a muscle, until he remembers that Sungyeol is still his manager, and sets off to actually make it.

It is not until Myungsoo hands over the vanilla latte to Sungyeol that he realizes no one new has walked in besides Sungyeol- and that no one else has ordered anything. “You could have made that drink yourself,” he immediately complains.

Sungyeol grins at him, gums showing and all. “Oh no, this isn’t for me.”

“Then who-”

“Oh you know who.” Sungyeol looks at Myungsoo mischievously, which makes the younger flat out gape.

Sungyeol shrugs at the reaction, cheerfully stating, “Since you’re not going to make a move, I guess it’s up to me!”

Myungsoo doesn’t get a word in- not even to indignantly demand, “what is that supposed to mean?!” Sungyeol is already halfway across the shop and closing in on Sungjong’s table.

Sungjong looks up, briefly and surprised, looks at the steaming latte, and politely says, “I didn’t order anything.”

“I know, sweetheart.” Sungyeol croons, and Myungsoo gapes some more.

Myungsoo thinks that the word “sweetheart” sounds wrong coming from Sungyeol, especially when he is saying it to Sungjong. (And he thinks something, somewhere is burning- it might be his heart. Or it might be Sungyeol’s body, once his manager gets back within damaging distance of Myungsoo.)

“It’s on the house.”

A curious and suspicious eyebrow is raised as Sungjong reaches for the vanilla latte hesitantly. “Really?”

“Yup- you can thank our favorite barista!” Sungyeol makes a show of exaggeratingly pointing towards Myungsoo’s direction (in what Sungyeol figures is quite the inconspicuous fashion).

(It’s not.)

Sungjong laughs a little at the absurd sight that is Sungyeol, and at the new drink, and takes hold of the cup. He raises it in Myungsoo’s direction and beams up at him, loudly saying, “Thank you.”

Myungsoo blushes prettily from behind the register and grins.

(Sungyeol demands a fist bump from him five minutes later.

Myungsoo, for some reason that he cannot comprehend, feels like hugging him instead. So he does.)

-

There is an incident that occurs several weeks after he meets Sungjong.

Myungsoo, observant and careful as he is, can be incredibly clumsy.

Clumsy enough to accidentally run into people or spill drinks.

Which is what happens when he tries to nonchalantly (and coolly) walk past Sungjong to deliver a drink (by forced orders from Lee Sungyeol). Unfortunately, Sungjong doesn’t notice, having had his back turned to Myungsoo, and stands up quickly and turns- effectively slamming into Myungsoo (and spilling coffee all over Myungsoo’s white work shirt).

There is an awkward silence between them as Myungsoo grimaces at his stained shirt, while Sungjong stares at him with wide, shocked eyes. (Myungsoo thanks whatever coffee god there is that this customer was particularly picky about the temperature of her coffee- and refused to have it anything other than lukewarm.)

The silence is broken when he hears a curse come out of that beautiful mouth and that has Myungsoo internally panicking. And like the spastic idiot he is, he stammers and blurts out a quick apology. “I’m sorry- really, I’m really sorry.”

“Why are you saying sorry for?” Sungjong is looking at him curiously, all whilst searching for a napkin or a rag or something to clean up Myungsoo’s now ruined work uniform. “You’re the one with a coffee stain on your shirt.”

Myungsoo feels pretty lame when he rather sheepishly says, “Because I bumped into you.”

Sungjong looks at him in disbelief, shakes his head, and manages to get several napkins from a nearby counter. “Don’t say sorry- I’m sorry.” He holds the napkins out in his hand, shaking them towards Myungsoo’s direction.

Myungsoo doesn’t get the cue. (He is too busy staring.)

So Sungjong rolls his eyes and dabs at the stain with several napkins (while Myungsoo internally freaks out because oh my god, he’s indirectly touching my chest what does this mean oh my god). Myungsoo then wonders what the hell is wrong with him right now.

There is a nice, apologetic smile (and he thinks he’s probably imaging it, but Sungjong’s eyes look downright smoldering) as Sungjong says, “There, all done,” and goes back to his seat like nothing ever happened.

Myungsoo feels pretty good after that (but still pretty lame).

He prances around for the entirety of an hour after Sungjong leaves.

He only stops prancing around once he wonders why he is happy enough to prance around in the first place. (But more specifically, he stops prancing when he realizes that Sungjong could spill forty-one drinks on in a week and he would be the one to apologize first every single time. But that’s probably because Myungsoo has no doubt in his mind that he would have made Sungjong spill those drinks somehow.)

“Well, .”

-

The next day, he accosts the closest co-worker the moment he enters the shop. “Hey Taemin. come here.  I need to ask you something.”

“What’s up, hyung?”

“Okay, well, my friend has a crush on this guy.” Myungsoo has planned this whole conversation out in his head; he is ready for this. He wants the advice, but at the same time, wants the ambiguity and honesty of advice from someone who doesn’t know the truth. “And he doesn’t know what to do.”

Taemin deadpans and says in a rather bored tone, “Everyone knows you like the pretty one that always sits by the window.”

And then his plan is so quickly torn apart that it almost physically hurts him. “Wait, how can everyone already know? I only found out last night!” Taemin gives him a careless shrug, while Myungsoo’s face falls as he scowls at his co-worker. “And his name is Sungjong, okay?”

He walks away from Taemin, all the way to the other side of the counter. This is not how he wanted this to go down.

Taemin cackles at him from five feet away, happily quipping, “Let me guess- this is not the reality that you wanted?”

Myungsoo agrees- it’s not.

-

Myungsoo doesn’t believe in soul mates- not really. But he has to think about the term and what it entails because one of the essay questions on his philosophy midterm is “explain this quote from Plato” and he grimaces. His teacher would do this to him- to all of them.

So he thinks, and writes as articulately as he can, centering and building his answer on two simple words: soul mates.

Granted, having that as his answer doesn’t mean he believes in it or thinks he has one.

But he figures that if he were to have one- he only thinks about for a moment, and his mind is already conjuring up images of almond eyes, a slim waist, and a gorgeous smile that is as radiant as sunshine. 

He slams his head on the desk because- damn, he has it bad.

(His teacher politely asks him not to be a disturbance.)

-

Myungsoo is manning the register once more, frown firmly in place. He is staring at Sungjong again, because damn it, now he finally knows how bad he really has it.

“Myungsoo, what are you doing here?” Sungyeol openly stares at him like Myungsoo has never stood at the register before.

“What.” It is a statement, not a question. “I work here, .” And while that statement would have gotten him fired anywhere else, Sungyeol is his friend. 

Sungyeol laughs obnoxiously at him in return (just because) and retorts, “What I’m asking, jerkface, is why you’re still here even though your shift ended half an hour ago. You have an early night today, remember?”

Myungsoo gapes at him and raises his arm to check his watch with a mild sense of “what the is going on?” before he grimaces at his co-worker. He always made sure to keep track of time because he loved to leave the shop as quickly as possible.

He takes one more look at Sungjong and suddenly curses.“Damn it.”

-

Myungsoo has become somewhat of a creep (according to Sungyeol).

But really, it’s not his fault that he can’t stop staring. He blames it completely on the person he can’t stop staring at. Yes, Lee Sungjong must be at fault- it makes perfect sense in his mind (and only in his mind).

-

The second incident in regards to Sungjong happens an hour before closing, when Sungjong is getting ready to leave. It is an incident that is multitudes worse than the first one (because in hindsight, the first one wasn't all that bad).

Someone tries to pick Sungjong up right before he tries to leave.

A guy, probably a little older than both of them, grins as he latches onto Sungjong’s thin wrist. “Hey baby, don’t leave yet- let me buy you a drink.”

Sungjong looks politely disgusted. (Myungsoo feels ecstatic about that.) He forcefully moves the hand off (with more force than what the guy expected from Sungjong- Myungsoo can tell from the shocked expression on his face and how he now holds his rapidly bruising fingers).

“No thank you.” Sungjong is ready to sidestep the creep and leave, and Myungsoo is already internally blacklisting him until the end of time.

“Okay, fine- can I just buy you instead?” he tries again, smile still in place.

Now Sungjong looks angrily disgusted. Myungsoo wonders why the guy didn’t take his now bruised fingers as a hint; however, the curiosity he has for this man’s intelligence is overridden by the anger he now feels.

“Stop being a public disturbance.” Myungsoo strides over, trying for all that he is to look like an unhappy employee rather than an angry “I will cut you for talking to this beautiful person” guy with no authority.

“Relax- I’m just talking to this guy here.”

Myungsoo is, by all means, usually not hostile. Nor is he very feared around here. "He's not on the menu. Now get out." But maybe it’s the way he says it with bite in his voice, or the way he glares like he has just committed the greatest offense in the world- Myungsoo doesn’t know what he does that makes the other guy tense up, but he eventually leaves.

Sungjong looks a little amused and still slightly angry as he informs Myungsoo, “I could have dealt with that myself.”

Myungsoo has no doubt in his mind that Sungjong could. “Yeah, well-” Myungsoo has no real comeback, so he shuffles awkwardly back to the counter. He just felt like he had to- and it’s not like he could explain why he felt like he had to, so retreating in shame seemed like the best course of action.

He doesn’t miss the way Sungjong smiles at him afterwards- and he doesn’t miss Sungjong thoughtfully saying, “I’m not on the menu?” either.

Myungsoo has never felt more embarrassed in his life.

-

Myungsoo tries to nonchalantly walk over to deliver Sungjong’s drink- but after yesterday's little scene, he finds that a little harder than he would like to admit; he mentally hopes he doesn’t trip and fall and die (but he supposes that having Sungjong as the last thing he sees before he dies doesn’t sound all that bad). 

He safely makes it to the table and scans the piece of furniture for the perfect place to set down the drink when his gaze suddenly keys in on a sunflower- specifically, a little doodle of a sunflower on the top corner of (what Myungsoo guesses is) Sungjong’s homework. And then he proceeds to gape in an ugly, jaw dropping way.

He immediately thinks of his own doodle and continues to be an open mouthed fool (because damn- he is suddenly reminded of that stupid philosophy class with its Greek mythology and how people are condemned to searching for their other half and how he wouldn’t mind if his soul mate was- damn.)

“Hi?” Sungjong tries to return Myungsoo to his current reality with his unsure but still friendly greeting. And while that doesn’t do its intended purpose, it works well enough because beautiful Sungjong is looking at him and speaking at him and his mind sort of short circuits. Myungsoo clenches his teeth to close his mouth and tries to force his lips to make what he hopes is a charming smile.

He coughs awkwardly and suddenly cannot control his mouth or his vocal cords because he blurts out, “Sunflowers?” He mentally destroys himself in a violent and spastic way.

Sungjong grins at him and replies back cheerfully, “I love them.”

“Really?” is all that he can say, because wow Sungjong looks good smiling.

“Yeah, I mean, they represent happiness and adoration. And they’re yellow, which is the color of awesome.” Sungjong laughs a little as he explains, quickly taking out a yellow color pencil and adding his very own finishing touches.

“I love them too.” he blurts out; he has always had an appreciation for the yellow flower. He never knew why, but now he has a little bit of an inkling as to why he has doodled them everywhere and bought them at random times.

Sungjong laughs a little at Myungsoo’s sudden confession and Myungsoo dies a little on the inside (in the good way). Happiness and adoration. He beams at the response. Sounds about right. He is content, happily beaming at Sungjong, but cringes once he hears a loud, crowing voice shout, “Stop flirting and get back to work!” and teasing laughter afterwards.

His mind vaguely registers the voice as Lee Sungyeol, but he can’t even find it in himself to be irritated with Sungyeol because he feels like he can walk on air right now. (Okay, well, he knows he scientifically cannot achieve that. But it is the thought of it that counts- and he feels pretty damn good anyway.) 

It is then that he realizes that he hasn’t even set the cup of coffee onto the table yet, and he mentally slaps himself upside the head at his stupidity. It takes all of his willpower not to slam the drink on the table and scurry away in shame. (Instead, he gently sets it on the table and walks away like a civilized person because- well, he doesn’t want Sungjong to think he’s a beast or something.)

He starts associating Sungjong with sunflowers because, hey, that’s just what soul mates do.

-

Myungsoo, somehow, has managed to sit down at the same table as Lee Sungjong and not flail around like the spastic idiot Sungyeol knows he is. “Hi.” It his break time right now, and he only has half an hour to try to talk to Sungjong, and Myungsoo is hopeful that this conversation doesn’t crash and burn.

He’s determined to get to know Lee Sungjong (although he figures that he should have been determined to get to know him before claiming him as his soul mate, but Myungsoo never did like doing things sequentially).

“Want to play an ice breaker?”

Sungjong sets the pen he is holding down almost hesitantly before nonchalantly agreeing with a quick nod to his head.

“What kind of ice breaker?”

Myungsoo hasn’t actually thought that far. “Uh-” he stammered for a moment, something about the expectant look in Sungjong’s eyes making him nervous. “How about we just do one of those standard “I ask a question, and then you ask” and so on?”

Sungjong nods in understanding and gives Myungsoo a cordial smile. “You can start.”

“Well,” Myungsoo hummed, thinking hard of an appropriate question. “I really only know your name, so- how old are you?”

Sungjong easily answers, “I’m 19, turning 20 later in the year.”

Myungsoo grins as he just as easily replies, “I’m your hyung then- since I’m already 20.”

“30 seconds in and you’re already playing the age card?” Sungjong shakes his head in false disappointment, eyes playful and smile just barely there.

Myungsoo can’t help but flash a smile and- in a moment of pure affection and adrenaline- his hand teasingly comes up to pinch at Sungjong’s cheek. “Aigoo, my dongsaengie!”

Sungjong swats at Myungsoo’s hand irritably, but is still smiling. “So hyung, what are you doing with your life right now?

By the end of Myungsoo’s break, he has come to learn many things about Lee Sungjong. He knows his age, what he wants to do in life, bits and pieces of the things that annoy him, some of the things that make him happy. And for now, that is enough. He’s happy.

Likewise, he has given a lot of himself (in more ways than one) to Sungjong, with just that little conversation.

When Sungjong leaves the coffee shop that day, he leaves a picture of a cutely drawn sunflower on the table behind; Myungsoo nods definitively when he sees it. “It’s like he wants me to think we’re soul mates or something.” It’s his own thought process, and he knows it, but he’ll blame Sungjong for it anyway.

He stuffs the picture into his pocket.

-

Sungjong has come to learn just as much from Myungsoo, just from staring right back (when Myungsoo is actually doing his job and not staring at him like a love sick fool).

He has learned that Myungsoo is a little clumsy, kind of dense, has a warm smile (when he decides to showcase it), and that he is usually off in his own world.

And he likes that. All of that.

He knows, obviously, that Myungsoo likes to stare at him (and why). He is nothing near dense (but maybe a little innocent, because he still blushes when Myungsoo stares too long). 

Normally, he would have no problem making the “first move”. He can be bold if he wants to be, maybe even flirtatious if he feels like it. But now, he is playing it cool, calmly waiting for the right moment.

Myungsoo is clumsy, but endearing and warm, even when he doesn’t intend to be. And there is something that Sungjong finds absolutely attractive about him, besides the very obvious handsome facial features. It is that something that pulls at him, and the something in him that tells him that he needs to wait for Myungsoo to be ready first.

 -

Sungyeol is getting tired of waiting for Myungsoo to be ready. He figures he needs to be a bro, and help things along, for the sake of both Myungsoo and Sungjong. “Myungsoo yah, come here.” Sungyeol sounds suspiciously serious as he beckons an almost unwilling Myungsoo over.

“Yes, hyung?” Myungsoo finds himself sounding a little concerned because Sungyeol generally never sounds serious.

Sungyeol looks at Myungsoo straight into the eyes and places his hands on the younger’s shoulders. “Do you need me to be your wingman for Sungjongie?” Myungsoo stares at him blankly, mind not fully processing the statement- and then he just deadpans. He should have known. “Because really, you’re not getting anywhere.”

“I hate you.”

“Hey, I’m trying to help you out!”

-

Apparently, his other co-workers are also trying to help him out. “Oh, so that’s who you’re interested in- and let me guess. he’s the one that with the eyes that were bothering you a couple weeks ago?” Krystal has this easy smile on her face, openly staring at Sungjong while repeatedly poking Myungsoo. He has no doubt in his mind that both she and Sungyeol have traded information.

Myungsoo almost wants to ask, “How did you know that?” but stops himself, because this is Krystal, and he has long since accepted that she has her ways.

“I hear he has connections to this place.” Taemin suddenly pops out of nowhere and takes his place next to Krystal.

“What kind of connections.” Myungsoo’s tone is flat, turning the should be question into a statement; he already knows that whatever he gets as an answer, he’s not going to like it.

“Something about him being close to the management of this place.” Krystal shrugs carelessly, not realizing that she is taking a stab at Myungsoo’s heart.

Taemin clicks his tongue and whispers conspiratorially, “I heard that he was dating Sungyeol’s brother’s best friend.” And while that may have sounded weird and like random gossip- Taemin and Sungyeol actually go way back, so this worries Myungsoo greatly.

“Who?” he finds himself blurting out the question before he can stop himself- and he probably won’t even know the person, but he still wants to know.

Taemin opens his mouth to answer, but Krystal cuts him off with an incredulous but joking, “Wait, Sunggyu oppa has friends?”

“He has Woohyun.” Taemin points out.

Krystal pouts slightly and argues back, “He doesn’t count- they’re practically dating.”

“Who?” Myungsoo sounds pretty demanding, and in all honesty, he is- but in his defense, he just really wants to know. Taemin and Krystal could argue all they wanted after they told him.

Taemin simply says, “Hoya.”

And before Myungsoo can control himself, he automatically asks, “What the hell kind of name is Hoya?”

That has Taemin rolling his eyes and saying, “Okay, well, if you want to get technical, his name is Lee Howon.”

Myungsoo can feel his heart dramatically drop inside of him.

-

He tells his teacher the next day, quite flatly, that “having a soul mate ” and takes his seat next to Lee Howon with an angry frown on his face.

His teacher gives him a look of understanding and lets him sleep in his class that day; that just makes Myungsoo feel worse.

Myungsoo decides that he needs to know from the man himself. “Howon hyung,” he needs to know if Taemin was telling the truth or not. He stops his hyung on the way out of the classroom and looks serious as can be.

“What’s up, Myungsoo?” Howon is a chill, calm, and all-around good person; when his dongsaeng looks at him like the world is about to end, he is immediately alarmed and willing to help.

Howon doesn’t expect the question that Myungsoo asks. “Are you dating someone?” In fact, he just stares at the younger for a little while, slightly baffled at the offhanded question. “Specifically, are you dating a really gorgeous guy?”

Myungsoo asks so blankly and bluntly that Howon loses his cool for a little- because how did Myungsoo know?

The way Howon sputters and stammers at him confirms everything in Myungsoo’s mind- so the younger heaves a heavy, sad, sigh and walks home dejectedly. (Myungsoo realizes how bad he has it- if his sadness at Sungjong being taken is anything to go by.)

He tries to sleep away his sadness.

(It doesn’t work.)

-

Myungsoo has started to stare (glare?) at Sungjong like he has done something completely and entirely unethical and just plain wrong. He vaguely feels like he has been played, which is ridiculous because it’s not like they had a real thing to start with- but hey, he can’t help how he feels.

Sungjong doesn’t know why Myungsoo is glaring at him. They had their first real, legitimate, and long conversation just recently and hit it off quite well- and now Myungsoo is glaring at him like Sungjong has deeply wronged him.

And while he wants to know what is wrong, he is getting increasingly irritated by how Myungsoo is glaring at him.

Sungjong, feeling indignant, gets up from his seat and marches over to the counter. “Can you stop staring at me like that?”

Myungsoo stares blankly into Sungjong’s eyes, his inner thought process merciless and taunting as it whispers, “Lee Howon,” over and over again. The rational side of him states that Lee Sungjong, in reality, has done no wrong and that he is acting like a douche bag by constantly glaring at him. The other side of him, the one that has it oh so bad for Lee Sungjong and wants to reject this current reality, screams at him to continue acting like a douche bag.

He grimaces and forces Taemin to switch duties with him- he manages to scuttle away to the back to do inventory while Taemin is forced to stand at the register.

-

Myungsoo starts avoiding Sungjong at that point.

He starts changing jobs with Taemin and Krystal whenever he can; he starts asking to only make the drinks or to be in the back or to clean, but never to be at the register or to personally deliver the coffee. If he can’t get out of it, he, at the very least, forces one of his dongsaengs to take over when the order involves Sungjong.

Myungsoo feels kind of like an idiot for being such a coward.

Krystal straight up calls him one (but helps him out anyway, because she understands).

-

It takes a week and a half for Sungjong to catch the now elusive Myungsoo.

Myungsoo gets three minutes of peace before someone enters the inventory room- and of course it is Sungjong (by special order of Sungyeol and Krystal).

“So your friends are crazy and told me to, and I quote, “go in that room or die.” They’re so nice.” Sungjong’s tone is flat as he crosses his arms and scowls. Myungsoo gapes(in that ugly way, yet again) at the sudden appearance of Sungjong “Why are you looking at me like I kicked you in the face and then hit you with my truck?” Something sparks in Sungjong right after he says that because suddenly his scowl takes a vicious turn and he demands, “And why have you been glaring at me and ignoring me? Don’t think I haven’t noticed!”

“I glare at you still?” Myungsoo thought he was doing well in not looking at Sungjong at all. (Myungsoo thought wrong.)

Sungjong is impatient as he taps his foot and waits for an appropriate answer.

“Wait, wait- you have a truck?” Somehow, in the back of Myungsoo’s mind, he figured that a truck would not be Sungjong’s car of choice.

Sungjong huffs, scowl turning into an unhappy pout. “Are you going to tell me or not?”

Myungsoo quickly looks behind Sungjong, towards what would be his escape- except Sungjong follows his line of sight and quickly moves to block the door. “Why can’t you answer me?”

Myungsoo doesn’t work well under pressure; maybe that’s why his mouth decides to work independently from his mind. And maybe that’s why he angry shoots back a, “Why are you dating Lee Howon?”

There is an awkward silence (in Sungjong’s perspective; Myungsoo is downright horrified) as they both stare at each other.

Sungjong looks a little cautious before he inquires, “Did you say Lee Howon?”

“Aren’t you dating him?” It is Myungsoo’s turn to huff as he crosses his arms and turns a little ways from him. He doesn’t look at the younger boy.

Silence reigns again, and it gets to be so stifling that Myungsoo takes a little peek at Sungjong just to see what is he doing-

And then Sungjong laughs right in his face.

“What’s so funny?”

“Howon hyung is my cousin.” Sungjong is still laughing.

And then Myungsoo suddenly feels like the biggest fool in the universe.

-

(He writes both Lee Taemin and Jung Krystal a three-page essay on how they shouldn’t spread false information and his never ending hate for them.)

-

Myungsoo renews his efforts in ignoring Sungjong because now he just feels like an idiot.

He hides and pretends he is counting the inventory once he sees Sungjong come in, begs for Krystal to switch shifts with him twice, and bullies Taemin into giving Sungjong his orders. (Meaning he continues to do what he has been doing for the past two weeks.)

After a full week of letting this continue, Lee Sungyeol, manager extraordinaire, decides that enough is enough.

“Why are you still ignoring him?” he demands, flicking Myungsoo in the forehead the minute after the official closing of the coffee shop.

Myungsoo doesn’t get to answer.

“I believe what he is feeling is called shame, oppa.” Krystal chimes, bringing out the broom from the supply closet.

“Or embarrassment.” Taemin adds, cleaning the coffee machines thoroughly.

Krystal makes a little noise of enlightentment and happily declares, “It’s probably both.”

Myungsoo suddenly finds his voice and loudly whines, “How can all three of you talk like I am not right in front of you?”

His manager looks at him with a bright grin and a confident expression. “Oh, it’s very easy.”

-

(Myungsoo complains to Howon the moment he sees the older. “You couldn’t tell me that your dad owns the coffee shop I work at? I’m pretty sure I’ve told you that I work there.”

“Didn’t feel the need to.” is Howon’s mischievous reply.

Myungsoo only forgives him because he meets Howon’s boyfriend after class- and it is pleasantly surprised to find out that it’s Jang Dongwoo, the adorable dance major.)

-

Myungsoo figures that he has had enough of awkwardly trying to dodge Sungjong- because he would very much like to easily stare at him again.

He decides he needs to apologize.

(And he ignores Sungyeol’s very pained, “About time!”)

Myungsoo shuffles over to Sungjong’s table and slowly sits down, only to be face-to-face with an expressionless Sungjong. “I’m sorry- do you know me?”

Myungsoo winces at the obviously biting words- and in all honestly, Sungjong had every right to be angry with him. “I’m sorry.”

That is not enough because Sungjong is still looking at him with absolutely zero expression on his face. “I’m sorry for ignoring you and looking at you like you hit me with your truck.”

“And kicked you in the face.” Sungjong adds this after about ten seconds of glaring at Myungsoo.

“And kicked you in the face.”Myungsoo also quickly adds. Sungjong continues to glare at him, and Myungsoo just kind of wilts. “I really am sorry.” He hopes he sounds sincere, because he is, and he hopes Sungjong forgives him- because as much as he likes Sungjong’s eyes, the glare he is giving him is almost physically hurting him.

Sungjong stares at him for what feels like an eternity of the younger inwardly judging him and everything that he is- before a quiet, “Apology accepted,” is said.

Myungsoo smiles for the first time since he thought Sungjong was dating someone.

-

Myungsoo, having Sungjong accept his apology, thought it would be the end of that. He also thought that he could just go back to happily staring at Sungjong without a care, and without needing to explain himself.

Myungsoo thought wrong. (Yet again.)

“Why did you ignore me in the first place?” Sungjong asks curiously.

Myungsoo looks at him nervously; it’s not like he can blow off the question or hide again, especially since he has only just received glorious forgiveness. “Well.”

“Well?” Sungjong asks.

Myungsoo is about to say that his break is about to end and that he needs to get back to work and that he’ll explain another time- but Sungyeol seems to have perfect timing and screeches all the way from the counter, “Myungsoo, you can just take the rest of the night off!”

He gulps audibly and Sungjong smiles like he has just caught his prey. “I’m waiting.”

Myungsoo doesn’t know what to say.

So he blurts everything that he can think of. “Do you know Plato? Well, he’s kind of cool. He wrote something about people spending their whole lives in search of their other half. So he believed that everyone in the world had a soul mate, of sorts.” Myungsoo isn’t really breathing at this point, but he has started so he must finish. “And by the way, you have gorgeous eyes- really. So I just like to look at you. But then- well, you know.” He hopes the blush he has on his face doesn’t make his head explode.

“And then you somehow managed to have a crush on me?” Sungjong looks more amused than anything else; he feels like helping Myungsoo out just a tad.

“Yeah- I mean, that’s putting it lightly though.” Myungsoo coughs, internally withering under Sungjong’s amused eyes. “I mean, I just- liked you, a lot. Because of everything, not just because you’re pretty.” He speeds through this part of the explanation. “I like how you’re so much more than what you look like and- oh, and, I thought that if I were to have a soul mate…”He trails off, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

Sungjong gets the implication- and now he’s the one blushing.

Myungsoo feels decidedly less embarrassed now that he sees Sungjong’s face is just as red as his is. “The sunflower thing was what really got to me.” He decides that Sungjong doesn’t have to know about his previous dreams, or the fact that he has already claimed Sungjong as his soul mate.

“And when I had that ice breaker conversation with you- did you know that you’re pretty much a black hole, Lee Sungjong?” No one said his explanation had to be perfect. The way this explanation is going is actually running away from perfection, but Myungsoo doesn’t know how to explain this otherwise.

Myungsoo doesn’t know how to properly explain the pull he feels towards Sungjong; he figures calling him a black hole is as close as he can get.  “And I just got really, uhm, unhappy, when I thought you were dating Howon hyung.”

Myungsoo makes a long point of completely blaming Taemin and Krystal for the misunderstanding.

Sungjong takes in the whole explanation with understanding nods and amused smiles. “So you just really like me?” Sungjong is blunt- no one can say so otherwise. He takes the way Myungsoo almost falls over in his seat and the way he smiles at him afterwards as a “yes”.

Myungsoo grins awkwardly as he finishes his explanation with a very lame, “So do you want to be my soul mate?”

Sungjong laughs quietly, eyes crinkled into half-moons and hand covering his mouth as he looks intently at Myungsoo. (Sungjong can accept the whole explanation easily, can understand Myungsoo easily, knows where the older boy is getting at- because he feels the pull too.)

There is a little bit of awkward silence as he just stares at the still laughing Sungjong; the quiet chuckles last for a little longer before they slowly dissipate and Sungjong looks at him, still smiling. “Yeah, okay,” is all he says.

-

Myungsoo later learns that Sungjong took his whole spiel about Zeus and separating people in half as a way of asking him out- and while that was not his intention, he will gladly let Sungjong take it as that.

“Really though, Myungsoo? Soul mates? That was the best you could come up with?”

“Shut up,” he snorts, affectionately pinching Sungjong’s cheek. They are at the coffee shop again, but this time, in the afternoon. Myungsoo is not working- rather, he is on a date. “I like the thought of soul mates, okay?”

Sungjong doesn’t tell him that he agrees- soul mates they may not be, but it wouldn’t hurt to give it a chance. Because for all he knows, maybe Zeus felt kind enough to do both Lee Sungjong and Kim Myungsoo a favor and reunite them.

-

A coffee shop is where they meet; it is homely and quaint shop. It is a little place of sanctuary, tucked away and hidden from the rest of the world.

It is a place where people connect, where they get everything that there is to get, and where they find whoever it is they need to find.

Myungsoo starts going there as a means of occupation; he now walks out of there hand in hand with his soul mate.

(He has found who he needed to find.)

-

Sungjong cheekily asks him one day, "So instead of saying I'm off the market, should I say that I'm not on the menu?" after a long day of looking beautiful and getting hit on.

All Myungsoo can do is roll his eyes and say, "Yeah, that sounds about right."

-

Myungsoo works at a coffee shop, hates his job, and doesn’t even like coffee.

But now he sort of believes in soul mates, really likes Sungjong, and hates on Zeus for separating him from soul mate in the first place.

THE END.

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

I wanted to portray the innocence of love and how it can quickly escalate to something else- and how, once you’re interested in a person, your mind can go crazy (and you can call someone your soul mate without even really knowing that person because you’re just that smitten). I hope I succeeded. .____. (but lol yay, 10K worth of MyungJong! <3)

(I jammed to CN Blue's Coffee Shop while writing this just because. It was called Coffee Shop. I mean. I had to.)

Well, I guess this is the end. Of my participation with ‘The Sky Is The Limit Writing Contest Round Two, Subround Four, that is. It has been fun, guys. This is the second contest I participated in, and honestly, I didn’t expect myself to get to the last subround. ;A; It started in December, and now it’s February- a lot of the things I’ve been writing has gone towards this contest, and now that it’s over, I feel kind of…weird.

(Here is my thanks to! Hannie unnie, thank you for putting up with my random . Sae to the Jae, man. Aejung unnie, thank you for always being a continuous source of support. Hyorin unnie, thank you for- I guess being my inspiration. I never told you, but I entered this contest for you LOL.)

Thanks also to the people that set up the contest. I had fun. <3

Also, a big thank you to everyone that subscribed and/or read this <3 To all the people supporting me in this contest as well, I love you. ;A;

BYE GUYS.