I Want to Tell you a Secret

3s a Crowd

"I'm afraid."

 

"Of what?"

 

"...Jongwoon."

 

"Why?"

 

"You know why," Yesung stared out of the office window at grey clouds that were swirling together, matching his inner turmoil. Behind him a man sat behind a desk in the centre of the room, wanting to know his every dark thought so he could twist some sense from it. Try to figure him out. Yesung turned slowly to face him, cross that he had tried to get him to talk about that again. He personally couldn't see the point. What had happened was in the past, it wasn't his fault and Yesung wasn't going to 'discuss' it like Dr. Choi hoped. Dr. Choi was the dictionary discription of tall, dark and handsome. He was always dressed impeccably and his office was homely with soft couches and the walls lined with heavy textbooks explaining peoples minds. Yesung had took it upon himself to see him weekly since.... back then.... 

 

"What are you thinking?" Dr. Choi asked, leaning forward, curious as to the whereabouts his patients mind had wandered to.

 

"I hate this... I'm tired all the time trying to control him. To just keep us alive. I don't get it. Other people go through bad things all the time and don't split into two different minds. Why am I like this? Am i weak? Is that it?! Why does Jongwoon even exist?!' Yesung's voice grew steadily louder, breaking slightly as a mixture of anguish and anger filled it.

 

Dr. Choi didn't even blink as he watched Yesung's outburst. The boy was understandably angry. "Yesung, split personalities aren't unheard of, although uncommon. As to the cause of them.... Yesung I need you to talk about that night. I think it plays an important part in why Jongwoon was created. Whatever happened that night-"

 

"You know what happened!" Yesung interrupted, fists clenching.

 

"I know the facts, Yesung, I do not know what went through your mind. I know you've placed all your anger, guilt and blame on yourself. I believe that those emotions were so strong that you disassociated yourself from them and in turn from you, creating Jongwoon." Dr.Choi conveyed his thoughts gently but firmly. He only wanted to talk to Yesung today. Anger was a sure sign that he'd be speaking to someone else. Taking an even breath, Dr.Choi decided to change the subject. "How was your first week at school?"

 

Yesung breathed deeply before turning back to face the window and the storm outside. "I met someone."

 

*************

 

Kyuhyun walked slowly through the school corridors, not bothering to keep the small smile off his lips. It was amazing how one person could turn his life upside down in a second. He was so used to keeping people at arms length, afraid to let them too close. He didn't want to be hurt again. Yesung, however, was different. Kyuhyun could tell the moment he saw him standing at the front of his math class that there was more to him than just another student. Yesung had intrigued him, and as such Kyuhyun had resorted to following him around the school like an excited puppy, asking him questions and getting cryptic responses that only drew him in even more. He'd get his answers eventually. After all, Kyuhyun was extremely persistent when it came to getting what he wanted and he was a genius. Failure was the one word he couldn't comprehend.

 

Kyuhyun stepped into the school library, intending to spend his free period writing his history essay so he he wouldn't ruin valuable gaming time later. Walking passed the rows of books toward the study area, Kyuhyun spotted his latest obsession. Yesung was sat with a few textbooks surounding him and a notepad in front of him. Approaching slowly, Kyuhyun noticed that Yesung had everything placed precisly on the desk in front of him. The textbooks were lined up perfectly, his pencils, eraser and other stationary placed in too exact a position to ever be random. This was something that Kyuhyun had noticed about Yesung after his week of practically stalking him. He was freakishly neat.

 

Only a few metres away now, Kyuhyun's step faltered when Yesung suddenly pushed the items on his desk away messing up the perfection, before leaning back in his chair, staring at the notepad in front of him. Kyuhyun had never seen Yesung so relaxed. He was slouched in his chair, concentrated expression gone replaced with bemusement as he tapped his pencil against the pad of paper. Shrugging, Kyuhyun continued forward and sat down in the chair opposite Yesung at the desk.

 

"Hello," Kyuhhyun gave Yesung a brilliant smile. Yesung only looked up at him, a blank, disinterested expression adorning his features. "How was your weekend?"

"Who the hell are you?" Yesung responded abruptly.

Kyuhyuns eyebrows lifted in surprise. Not the response he was aiming for but oh well. "Very funny. I played Starcraft the entire time. It was amazing." 

"That's nice, now go away." Yesung responded bluntly.

"No, I'm telling you about Starcraft."

"Please don't. Now get lost I don't know you." 

Kyuhyun's eyebrows creased and his arms folded, an annoyed huff escaping his lips. Why was he being like this? Had Kyuhyun been under the misimpressiom that his attempt to get to know the other had been perceived as irritating rather than charming? All the same, Kyuhyun wasn't going anywhere yet. He couldn't. "I can't! This is too important!"

Yesung chucked the notepad behind him and tilted on the back legs of his chair, fixing Kyuhyun with a glare that promised many painful outcomes if Kyuyhun didn't back off right now. "I'm sorry, your clearly under the misapprehension that your talking to someone who cares," Yesung's voice was dry before he widened his eyes and continued in a far more childish voice, "Now mummy and daddy told me not to talk strangers so go away!"

Kyuhyun stiffened, confused. Was Yesung joking? His face held no hint of recognition but they had known each other a whole week! That was like.... forever!

"Yesung, what's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked, thinking now he had definetely done something wrong.

Suddenly, Yesung lurched forward leaning now towards Kyuhyun across the table, the dangerous glint still shining in eyes. "What did you call me?"

Confused even more so at Yesung's ever changing, strange behaviour, Kyuhyun swallowed before saying, "Ummm... Yesung?"

"Sorry, he's not in right now, shall I take a message?" 

"Yesung, I don't understand. What's wrong?" Kyuhyun couldn't figure it out. What had happened to the mysterious boy from last week? Granted, this was pretty mysterious right now, but Yesung didn't behave like this. He was uptight and nervous. Completely non-confrontational and gentle. Far from this temperamental aggression he was now showing.

Smirking slightly, Yesung said softly, "Come closer, I want to tell you a secret."

Puzzled, the logical part of him told him to get up and leave Yesung to his games, but as ever he was curious as to what the secret was and why games were even being played. Kyuhyun leant forward across the table, arms folded against his chest, mimicking Yesung's posture. He watched as Yesung leant in further still, until they were just inches away from each other. Kyuhyun's breath hitched, yearning to close the gap between them but also wanting to stare deeper into the depths of Yesung's eyes. He was so close.

In a hushed whisper that was made husky by Yesung's voice, he said, "I'm not Yesung."

Completely drawn in, Kyuhyun whispered back, "Then who are you?"

"I'm his every nightmare. His every dark thought and desire. I'm Jongwoon, and it's very nice to meet you." Yesung (or was it Jongwoon?) let a smile play across his face that reached his mischivious eyes, promising that danger again. This time, however, rather than feeling confusion or that slight hint of fear, Kyuhyun was excited. He knew it. There was definitely something different about this one.

 

"Hi, I'm Kyuhyun," he smirked back. "and the pleasures all mine."

 

************

 

Soft notes floated through the air as expert hands danced across keys. Beams of light struggled to shine through dirty windows, showing up dust swirls that were stirred up by the presence of movement, something that this room hadn't seen in a while. Yesung sat behind the old piano in a forgotten, disused storage room on the school grounds. He was skipping some class he was sure but he couldn't bring himself to care. He needed to be alone. Or as alone as he ever could be.

Why did you tell him? Yesung asked his other half.

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Jongwoon responded.

Yesung sighed but continued playing a soft melody that belied the internal argument that was starting.

Why would you do that? Now he'll tell everyone that we're the two headed freaks! This was supposed to be a fresh start and you've ruined everything! Yesung ranted.

I'll do what I like, and I like Kyuhyun. Was Jongwoon's cheeky reply. Besides, you're more upset that you think he won't like you now. That you've lost your first friend.

I've had friends before.

They're all gone now Yesung. It's just you and me.... and Kyuhyun.

No! Yesungs hands slipped against the keyboard, breaking the tranquility. You have to stay away from him! From everyone. I don't want you to hurt anyone else!

Yesung was met with silence. It was suffocating, so he began to sing out loud to himself quietly, returning his hands to the keys. He sounded good, and it was the only thing that he actually liked about himself. It was an escape from the world and its harsh reality. A place of solace for Yesung that used to belong to Jongwoon.

Take over. You should sing. Yesung suggested to Jongwoon. The room was no longer quiet but the silence inside Yesung's head persisted. Until a rarely vulnerable voice responded.

I can't... 

 

 

 

 

Ok chapter 2 is done so excited :D Its a bit longer but not very.... oh well

What did you think? Let me know :)