A crying Umma

My Own Family

Nam Soon POV

 

I woke up to Heung Soo snoring in my ear. I wanted to smother him for waking me up but when I saw tears running down his face I realized it wasn’t him snoring that woke me up. “Please! Please don’t leave. Don’t you want me?” He whimpered in his sleep. I pulled him closer and started to massage his back and whispered to him over and over again that I was there. He finally calmed down and I got up to get a shower. I really wanted to lay with him longer but I had work again today. After a nice long hot shower I sneaked back in the room to get dressed. He was in the middle of our bed hugging my pillow with his face smashed in it. I chuckled underneath my breath at the sight. On my way out of the room I noticed my pig. I have been saving up for something special but after this morning and previous nights of Heung Soo having nightmares, I don’t think I want to wait. I emptied my pig and left for work.

Luckily my boss helped me out and gave me lots of runs today because I was short on the money I needed for Heung Soo’s gift.  I left about eight this morning and it is already nine pm. I hope I can make it to the shop before it closes. I went to send Heung Soo a text to let him know I had to work late. I forgot to leave him a note like I always do and I forgot my cell phone, damn it!

I made it in front of the jewelry store and luckily the older woman that owns the store was still there. I have been there almost every week looking at the new stuff that comes and trying to find the perfect set. Three weeks ago I finally found the perfect set and begged the owner to hold them for me until I could purchase them. I walked into the store with a huge grin on my face; she started to clap and ran to the back to get the set. She came out with the ring box and wrapped it in a silver and blue wrapping paper. I paid her and started to head back with the weight of the gift in my jacket pocket.

I walked into the house and it was completely silent. I looked at my watch and it was almost eleven pm. Heung Soo must have heard me walk into the kitchen because he slammed the door to our room and had tears running down his face. The other boys must have heard the slam too because they came out into the kitchen as well. I was kind of shocked to see him so upset. I went to hug him and he pushed me away. “You ing bastard! Where were you? I tried to call you and you never picked up. There was no note telling me where you were. Ten I find your stupid phone laying on the dresser. How can you be such an idiot! I walked everywhere you could have been and they said they haven’t seen you today!” He began to sob harder after his outburst. I knew I should have stayed with him until he woke up. I forcefully grabbed him and started to rub his back to calm him down. “This morning I got a little distracted and forgot to grab my phone and leave a not like I normally do. My boss had me do some extra runs today so I didn’t get off until late. Then I had something to take care of and that’s why I’m late. I’m sorry I made every one worry.”The other boys just said “yeah bastard you made Umma cry; fix it!” They said while leaving the kitchen back to their room.  I dragged Heung Soo back to our room and sat him on the bed. I really wanted to wait until we were graduated to do this but I lifted his chin and kissed him. He was still angry so he turned his face. I chuckled and grabbed his face gently. “Hey, look at me. I missed you today and I really wanted to text you and let you know what was going on. I’m sorry I was too busy to call. But, I have something very important to give you. I know we’re not out of high school yet and I was going to give you this once we graduated but I want to give you it now.” I pulled out the box out of my pocket and handed it to him. He looked at skeptically “What is this bastard?” I just nodded at him to open it. He tore the wrapping paper reluctantly and opened the box to two identical silver rings with blue gems nestled in them. I grabbed one and his hand. I slipped it on his finger while he was still shocked to do anything “I know we are two men and can’t get married. I know I did terrible things to you when I was young and a idiot. I know that you deserve so much more than me. But I also know I am still so selfish when it comes to you and I want everyone to know your mine and that nothing will come between us.” He was crying while looking at the rings “You are still an idiot and very selfish but I love you so much it hurts. I was so worried you left me when I didn’t hear from you today. It was a nightmare. Don’t ever do that again you bastard or I will kill you.” I hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek “I am really sorry you know?” He smiled “Yeah, I know.” He grabbed the other ring and slipped it on my finger. “Now you are mine as well Nam Soon. You know the kids will notice these and then seriously start calling us Appa and Umma!”  I crawled in his lap “Well you are the hottest Umma I’ve ever seen.”