Jealous

A New Student

            That day, there was a new student named Lee Ki Seop. Suddenly, all of the female students started giggling and smiling at him because he was so handsome and had a good body. The male students just shook their head seeing their reaction.

            "An angel comes to our class!" Miseon whispered to Daehee, her seatmate, while her eyes kept on looking at Kiseop.

            "Don’t overact, Seon ah!" exclaimed Eli who could heard her whisper. “There’s nothing special about him. He’s just an ordinary student.”

            "Miseon is right, Eli yah!" said Daehee. "You're jealous with him because he’s more handsome than you. Admit it!"

            Of course, Daehee’s words made Eli annoyed. When he would say something back to her, Mrs. Hyeri asked all students in the class to finish their poster quickly. Eli sighed heavily and continued his half-finished poster.

            "What are you doing?" asked Kiseop to Kevin who sat opposite by him.

            Kevin stopped drawing and looked at Kiseop. He gave him a friendly smile and answered, "I’m making a poster. You don’t make it?"  Kiseop shook his head in respond. "Why?"

            "I don’t bring my drawing book,” he answered. “I’ll tell the teacher about this and ask her what to do," he got up from his seat, then said, "Please, tell me about our class’s timetable!" to Kevin before he went to Mrs. Hyeri’s table.

            Kevin just nodded and continued drawing.

            "Hey, Kevin ah, why were you talking with him?" asked Eli, Kevin’s seatmate.

            "Hm? Why? He seems good," Kevin said without turning his eyes from his poster.

            "I think, he’s jealous, Kevin ah!" said Jaeseop who was listening to them. Jaeseop and Hoon, his seatmate, were chuckling softly.

            Kevin frowned, then looked at Jaeseop who sat behind him. "Jealous?" he repeated it and Jaeseop nodded steadily in respond. Then, Kevin looked at Eli with a frown on his face, a sign to him to give him an explanation of what Jaeseop said.

            "Don’t listen to him! Why should I be jealous?" he said in annoyed and gave a deathly stare at Jaeseop. Jaeseop stuck out his tongue in respond. "Jaeseop-ah!" shouted Eli pretty loud that instantly made class became silent.

            "Ellison Kim!" Mrs. Hyeri exclaimed in a threatening voice.

            "Sorry, ma'am..." said Eli in guilty.

 

***

 

            Kevin, Eli, Jaeseop, and Hoon were planning to eat in the cafeteria when the break time came. Before leaving the classroom, Kevin pulled out his notebook from his bag and handed it to Kiseop. "This is it! Our class’s timetable," he said as Kiseop took it and murmured thanks to Kevin. "You're welcome, Kiseop ah," he smiled at his timid attitude.

            "Kevin ah, come on, hurry!" cried Hoon who had been out of the classroom with Eli and Jaeseop, waiting for Kevin.

            "Ah, yeah... wait!" said Kevin. "Bye, Kiseop ah!" When he was about to run, suddenly, Kiseop pulled his hand. Kevin looked at Kiseop, puzzled. "Why?"

            Kiseop was silent for a moment. "Mmm... may I... may I join you guys?" he asked timidly.

            "Of course!" answered Kevin quickly. "Come on!" he said as he pulled Kiseop’s hand and both of them were running slowly hand in hand. "Hi, guys! Kiseop is joining with us!" Kevin smiled broadly at the guys who were waiting for him outside the classroom. "By the way, my name is Kevin Woo," he said to Kiseop. "And this is Kim Jae Seop, next to Jaeseop is Yeo Hoon Min, and the last is Ellison Kim."

            Kiseop bow at them politely and Jaeseop and Hoon bow at him too. Eli looked away from Kiseop and crossed his hands on his chest. Kevin was confused with Eli’s cold attitude towards Kiseop. Eli realized Kevin was watching him, but he ignored it. Suddenly, Eli walked before them, left them behind.

            "Hey, Eli yah!" called Jaeseop and he was ignored by Eli.

            "What's wrong with him? He’s weird today!" Kevin grumbled.

            "Mmm... what if I shouldn’t join you guys?" Kiseop asked timidly. He felt guilty because of Eli’s leaving and he thought it was his fault.

            "No! You can join us, right, Hoon ah? Jaeseop ah?"

            Jaeseop and Hoon nodded and smiled friendly at Kiseop.

            "Yes, of course, you can. It will be more fun anyway hehe..." Hoon chuckled.

            "Then, what about Ellison?" Kiseop asked again.

            "Let him go! Maybe he wanna be alone now," said Jaeseop. "Wait what? Let’s come to the cafeteria! I'm hungry!"

 

***

 

            On the way home, Kevin was confused again by Eli’s attitude. As usual, they always go home together, but Eli, who usually used to joke and made him laughed, was so quiet today. His face also looked annoyed. He had been like that since break time and he did not talk with him either.

            "What’s happened to you, Eli yah?" asked Kevin to the point.

            Eli did not answer and kept walking before him, then kicking an empty can of cola in front of him. He heard Kevin’s question, he just did not want to answer it.

            "Eli yah, answer my question!" Kevin pleaded softly.

            Does Kevin cry? Eli surprised to realize Kevin’s voice became hoarse. Then, he stared at him intently. Yes, Kevin was almost crying. His tears had gathered in his little eyes and ready to fall. Eli usually will not bear to see Kevin in such conditions. He used to comfort him and made him laugh when he saw him like that. But, not this time. Eli turned his face away from Kevin.

            Kevin was surprised once again to get such of response from his best friend. What's wrong with you, Eli yah? What have I done to you? Why do you ignore me? He thought. Without realizing it, the tears fell uncontrollably from his eyes. He followed Eli who was walking so far before him. "Are you mad at me? Why?" asked him to Eli as he pulled his hand to face him.

            "Can’t you stop being silly like that? Stop crying! Don’t you feel embarrassed by me? By the others?" Eli finally spoke. His voice was quite loud and full of anger.

            Kevin wiped his tears with his hands quickly, obeyed his demand. "Sorry..." he said. "Why are you acting so cold to me? You scared me! You make me sad and confused."

            Both of them were silent for a moment as they stared at each other. Eli began to feel guilty. "I'm sorry, Kevin..." he said weakly.

            "It's okay, Eli yah. But, can you explain why? If you don’t mind."

            Eli was silent. His eyes looked around the place they were standing. "There’s a bench over there. We sat there, ok?"

            Kevin nodded and both of them walked to the bench, then sat on it.

            "Okay, I admit that I was jealous," Eli said shortly afterward.

            Kevin frowned in confused. "Jealous? Why"

            "Because you were too busy with that new student. I felt dumped," he explained in an annoyed voice.

            Kevin eyes went wide to hear his answer. "Oh my God! Eli yah, of course I should be like that to Kiseop. He's a new student! We should be friendly to him so that he can be friends with us, his new friends. And I'll never dump you, Eli yah! I will not! You're my best friend," Kevin grabbed Eli's hand and smiled at him broadly. "Just be friend with him! He's a very good person. Yeah... I admit that he's a timid and clumsy one, but that's because he's not too close to us."

            Eli stared at him deeply before giving him his response. "I don’t know, Kevin ah. I think, he threatens my position as the most handsome student in our school." Kevin slapped his arm lightly and Eli just chuckled in respond. Of course, he was just joking. There’s nothing wrong to be friends with that new students anyway. But still…

 

***

 

end of story :)

how was it? yeah, I made an ElVin fiction ^O^/

feel free to comment and criticize it! ^_^