Destiny

Destiny

May I ask if you have ever met your so called soulmate? What if you did but in a bittersweet way? I never thought that loving someone is this painful. I met someone, someone like me. Yes he is, he loves reading books in a way that I also do. We even have the same favorite author. The food that we like, our favorite color and the one we I idolize were the same. We even looked alike. Excuse me, he's not my long lost twin brother so you better not think about it. His name is Ren, I met him in the organization that we belong to. Did I tell you that he's a Knight of the Altar and I am a choir member? Sorry, I forgot. I don't believe in coincidence, because in this world there is only inevitability. My friend says it's a destiny. In my life, I once believed in this so called destiny. At least, I did.

But does destiny really exists?

This question irritates me! Hey, don't be impatient. Okay, I'll continue. The organization that we belong has camp trip for three days and two nights. We became partners in all activities. In short, we're always together. Well, he's really handsome. Have you ever saw a Knight of the Altar who's not good looking? That's your case, but mine, I haven't. In my life, I came to understand he true meaning of love. Even if it is wrong, I started falling for him.

Why?

Because I have boyfriend. Is this what they call cheating? What should I do in three days that he made me fall for him? I even love him more than my boyfriend? T the camp, we shared our problems to each other. He said that before the camp, his girlfreind broke up with him. Seeing him in pain hurts the hell out of me. I even want to grab the hair of that . He even showed me a picture of that girl. Oh My Gosh! I tell my friend I am more pretty than her. After arguing with myself a hundred of times, in the end I can't tell him about my boyfriend. Am I that selfish? Before the camp come to an end, we exchanged numbers.The moments that I spent with him are the happiest moments of my life.

After a few days of thinking I came up with a solution. With this answer, my life will change. I don't want to deceive him nor myself anymore. The next morning, I met with my boyfriend so that I could formally broke up with him. Because I am being unfair if I am now in love with someone else. At first, it hurts because I hurt someone who was once important to me. But I felt relieved somehow, at the same night I'm going to confess my feelings to Ren - the one who made this thing possible. At the same moment, he called me. Can you imagine how nervous and happy I am?

*Inhale*

*Exhale*

I answered the phone with a smile. Clearing my voice, I said, "Hello.".

"Hey, Kristine I have something o tell you..." Well, he sounds really happy. "Do you still remember the one that I told you about, my ex-girlfriend? We are now back together. *Laughs* She said her sorry a while ago, that she didn't mean it. This is the forst time that she admitted her mistakes. I'm so happy. Hey, Kristine, are you still there?"

Clearing my voice, "Uuhmm...I'm happy for you and congratulations." Together with this salty water called tears falling down my cheeks, I said the most painful words of my life. Allowing my body fall in my bed and burying my face on my pillow, I cried. I really cried with all the frustrations, pains, hatred and regrets.

I'm asking, "WHY? WHY?". Am I really that selfish to taste this pain? If I'm a little bit earlier, the outcome will be different. Because I know deep inside of his heart I've created a space. I can feel that he also feel what I feel. But sad to say he is much in love with his ex. I think this love story of mine ends here.

*Coughs*

"Aish. Reminiscing the past is really stressful. I think I need another cup of balck coffee." Standing up in my chair, I ordered a coffee again, my favorite one. When I'm about to return to my seat, I bumped into someone. Or should I say, HE bumped on me? Of course, my hor, REALLY HOT coffee is all over him. "Ooh..I'm sorry."

"Aaahhh!!"

After a few years, how can I not remeber this handsome face? He is just the person in my head a while ago. Seeing him standing in front of me is unbelievable. When our eyes met, we laughed at each other's clumsiness. I told you that we liked and loved the same things, right? And of course, the black coffee is not an exception. So I therefore concluded that destiny really exist.

"I think the new chapter of my love story will now starts here..." WIth a satisfying smile, we left together.

- - -

a/n: Well, as you can notice (if you noticed), it sounds familiar, doesn't it? It's because Yvette is also a very engrossed fanfic reader. She's the one who introduced to me in reading fanfictions. And the idea about that black coffee thing came from CBU (Conversations Between Us). She subconsciously and unintentionally wrote it. Like it just came out of her mind and realized it later when I told her about it after I read this. So don't think that it was somewhat plagarized or anything 'coz it's not. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to leave a comment :D