Chapter 1 - Memory from The Past

Nothing's Over

Chapter 1

Memory from the Past

Once upon a time...

"Myungsoo oppa, Myungsoo oppa! Come here. Let's play together!" A little girl dragged an older boy to the swing in the park.

Myungsoo nodded as the corner of his lips curved into a small smile and let his body being dragged away. She sat down on the swing and asked him to pushed it. At the beginning, the boy swung it slowly and carefully but the little girl wanted him to go faster.

"Faster oppa! Push it faster, so I can fly." She shouted at him. Once again, he fulfilled her request and swung her faster.

"Kyahahahaha. KYAAAAAAA~" She screamed in excitement. But her grip suddenly weakened and her seat turned upside down. She fell onto the ground right at the moment.

BAM!

The little girl fell with her forehead hit the hard ground and she started to cry.

"Hiks hiks..." She cried out loud and Myungsoo ran to help her.

"Jieun-ah, are you okay?" He asked Jieun in panic tone.

"Huuuu huuu...." Jieun didn't answer him and kept on sobbing. Myungsoo saw her forehead and his face turned pale. He quickly piggybacked her to the nearby bench. Jieun sat on the bench, sobbing softly. Looking at her sobbing for a while, a guilty feeling stabbed his heart and he stood up.

"Jieun stay here. I'll be back soon." He said as he took out his handkerchief and dashed towards the tap near the toilet.

When Myungsoo came back, Jieun already surrounded by two boys. He could hear one of them shouted in panic.

"OMO! Daehyun, look! She's bleeding!" Daehyun stared at Jieun's forehead, seemed very annoyed and worried. He stood up and looking around. Then his eyes met with Myungsoo's eyes who was walking towards them.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo! What did you do to Jieun?"

Myungsoo ignored his question and approached Jieun. He kneeled in front of her when he reached the bench. Daehyun didn't like to be ignored and he shook his head in anger. The other boy, Sungyeol, just looked at both of them in confusion.

"I'm going to tell her parents. You're going to get trouble. Let's go, Sungyeol-ah!" Daehyun told Sungyeol to follow him. Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo first and followed him after Myungsoo gave him a small reassured nod.

Myungsoo then rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed by Daehyun's action but decided to shrugged it off. He turned his attention back to Jieun and using his wet handkerchief, he wiped her injured forehead gently.

"AW! It hurts oppa." Jieun squealed in pain.

"Don't worry. The pain will go away soon. Trust me." Myungsoo held her hand and whispering to her ear softly.

Jieun nodded in agreement as she tried to believe in Myungsoo's words. He gave her a warm smile and continue wiped her wound. Both of them remained in silent. Jieun was biting her lip to held the pain. After her blood stopped flowing, Myungsoo attached a plaster on her wound.

"Done. It will be alright soon but I'm afraid that the scar would bother you. I'm so sorry, Jieun." Myungsoo plastered a faint smile on his face because of his guilty feeling.

Jieun d her injured forehead and said, "Myungsoo oppa, it's not your fault. I was the one who asked you to push the swing faster."

But Myungsoo didn't listen to her. He was looking at her with a guilty face and Jieun hated it. So she stood up and smile widely.

"I'm fine, Myungsoo oppa! You already take care of me and my wound. It's definitely not your fault, okay? See?"

She spun around and did her usual aegyo to make Myungsoo smile. Myungsoo burst into a small laugh and finally showed his real smile, he patted her head.

"But I'm worry about something..." Jieun murmured.

"About what?"

"What if no one wants to marry me because of the scar? Every guy must be want his bride's forehead flawless and shining beautifully." Jieun pouted as she thought about the probability of being a single woman at her middle age.

Myungsoo laughed and held her shoulders. He stared right into her eyes sincerely with his adorable warm gaze.

"Then I will..."

***

15 years later...

Jieun was staring at the picture in front of her, an old picture framed by an elegant chocolate frame. She put it on her desk so she could stare on it whenever she wants. And now, her eyes attached on it because she just remembered a memory about her childhood with a very important person.

"Kim Myungsoo, where are you? What are you doing now? Do you even remember me?" She tought.

Those were her usual questions whenever she looking at the picture. She missed Myungsoo so much. It was hurt a lot till she couldn't breath properly every morning. She dreamed about him almost every night. She tought about him every seconds, and every minutes for the last 15 years. But Kim Myungsoo never appeared in front of her.

Her roommate, Yoona, already used to Jieun's morning disease. She knew it very well that every morning Jieun would sit down and daydreaming about her first love by looking at the picture. But she couldn't tolerate it for today. Today is a big day for her so she walked towards Jieun and shouted on her right ear.

"YAH! LEE JIEUN!"

Jieun startled and jumped out of her chair. She glared at Yoona in confusion as she rubbed her right ear.

"You surprised me! What?" She whined.

"Are you going to stare at that picture for the rest of the day? Today's a big day! They will come today, Jieun. Let's go to the hall and see their welcoming ceremony instead of staring at that old picture of yours."

Jieun rolled her eyes in boredom. She knew what Yoona was talking about.

"Is this about them? Infinite?" Jieun glanced at the poster behind Yoona's back.

Yoona's eyes sparkling when she heard her most favorite boygroup's name and she nodded in excitement.

"Two thumbs for you haha. Come on! Let's go to the hall and welcome them. Please? You'll come with me, right?"

Jieun ignored her question and grabbed her bag before walking to the door. When her hand grabbed the doorknob, she turned around.

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid I can't, Yoona. You know me so well. I'm not interested in them." Jieun said to Yoona and walked out of their room.

Yoona pouted and grabbed her own bag then she followed Jieun out.

"The only guy you are interested is only that Myungsoo guy, aren't you? Huft." She mumbled.

***

Infinite. They are currently the most popular boygroup in South Korea. According to the rumour, the Infinite, which consists of 7 handsome guys, will come to Woollim University and continue their study in there. In order to do it they need to take a break from their idol acitivities for a while. Their agency thought that at least they should've receive any proper education they deserve to support their life in the future. But an idol will always be an idol. Even though their agency already announced about their break, the Infinite's fans called Inspirit still fangirling over them and followed them whenever they go. Not only Inspirit but almost everbody love and adore them. Everybody except Jieun. Maybe.

Jieun never paid attention to any idol groups in her country. She only care about her own life, her parents, her friends, and her study. For Jieun, the only people she could call friends were only Yoona and Daehyun. The list would be expanded to four if Sungyeol and Myungsoo suddenly appeared. That was why she lack on socializing with the others and has no idea about the lastest gossip and rumours in the entertainment industry. But she didn't care at all and beside, Yoona always told her about the recent gossip anyway.

Jieun and Yoona were walking together in the hallway. Jieun put her earphone on while Yoona keep blabbering about Infinite. Although Yoona knew that Jieun never listen to her, she keep on telling her about her favorite boygroup. When they reached the practice room, Jieun stopped.

"I'm going to do my morning practice. You should go first. I'm sorry, Yoona-ah." Jieun smiled at her apologetically.

Yoona laughed and punched Jieun's shoulder jokingly, "Aisssh this girl really... Never care about anything except her guitar. Okay, I'll see you later."

Yoona waved at her and continue her walk to the hall while Jieun waved back and entered the practice room. She was looking around, noticed that the room still empty. There was nobody there. She looked at her watch and grinned.

"8 A.M. Of course nobody here. Yoona was right. I never care about anything except for my guitar." She tought.

Jieun put her bag on the desk, took out her music sheet, and picked up a light brown guitar. She sat down and started playing her favorite song, Someday. Jieun is a genius in music field. She can play a guitar, a little bit of piano, her voice is amazing, and she can compose a song. Jieun wrote Someday on her high school graduation day last year. She tought about her one and only love, Kim Myungsoo. About how much she missed him, how much she wanted to see him, how much she wanted to hug him, and how her tears wouldn't stop flowing for him.

Jieun was playing her song with utmost seriousness. She even didn't realize that someone watched her from the door. The stranger arrived to the practice room right when Jieun started playing the guitar. Captivated by the melody of her guitar and her pure voice, the stranger decided to watch and listen from afar. He didn't want to interrupt her.

"Eonjengan..." Jieun ended her guitar playing beautifully.

Clap clap clap.

Jieun lifted up her head as soon as she heard someone clapping. She glared at the stanger whom approaching her with an amused smile plastered on his face.

"Amazing. You have a flawless voice and your guitar playing was quite good." The stranger praised her.

"Who are you?" Jieun ignored his praise and stared at him in caution.

"Me? Well, I'm just a new student here and I was walking around the building when I heard your beautiful song. So I decided to follow your voice and I came here. It's not a bad decision anyway." He started teasing her.

Jieun rolled her eyes. She felt that the guy was trying to flirt with her and she didn't like it at all, so she stood up and sniffed at him.

"But unfortunately, your decision is bad for me. Thanks a lot for ruined my morning practice, new student."

Jieun put down her guitar and snatched her bag. She was walking to the door when the guy called her.

"Hey."

"What?" Jieun turned around, annoyed.

"You forgot something." The guy showed her a music sheet. Her music sheet.

Jieun patted her own forehead and the guy chuckled. She rushed to the guy and tried to snatch away her music sheet but the guy lifted it more higher. He plastered an evil smile on his handsome face.

"Give it back!" Jieun shouted.

The guy chuckled in amusement when he saw Jieun's angry face. He glanced to her music sheet for a second and noticed that it was a very good song. He gave it back to Jieun and praised her again.

"You are really a genius. This is a very good song."

Jieun flushed. She couldn't stand it when someone called her 'a genius'. She snatched her music sheet from his hand and dashing out of the practice room.

The guy laughed and shook his head. He suddenly felt so happy and relaxed after saw Jieun's face and he even didn't know why. It was like having a deja vu. The guy felt that Jieun remind him of someone from his past. He let out a sigh and walking out of the room. When he closed the door, he heard someone called his name from afar.

"Yah! L!"

L turned around and saw Dongwoo running to him. When he reached L, he embraced him and told him that the rest of Infinite members was looking for him. L nodded and followed Dongwoo, they were going to the dean's office. When they arrived, L saw the rest of Infinite standing in front of the door, waiting for him.

"Where have you been, L?" Sungyeol asked him curiously.

L shrugged and smirked, "I just met a girl."

"WHAT? We just arrived here for 45 minutes and you already met a girl?" Sunggyu's jaw dropped to the floor in shock.

"Ckckck as expected from our visual." Woohyun chuckled and patted his back.

L rolled his eyes and leaned on the cold wall. His memory flashed to recent moment at the practice room and he was smiling when he remember the girl. Her flushed face when he praised her, her angry face when he , and her peaceful face when she played the guitar and her beuatiful voice. Every litte thing about the girl took all of L's attention and he couldn't stop thinking about her.

"She remind me of you. If you were here right now, she must be look like you. Definitely." He tought.

L lifted up his head and closed his eyes.

"I wish you were here, Jieun-ah..." He whispered softly.

***