Chapter 2 - Something Weird

Nothing's Over

Chapter 2

Something Weird

The 7 guys were walking to their first class after visited the dean's room a few minutes ago. Mr. Choi, the dean, told them that they could take their class starting from today. Sunggyu and Woohyun were leading their way while chattering about their upcoming first class. Right behind them, Hoya and Dongwoo were busy teasing Sungjong, their maknae, whom pouting and felt annoyed because of their joke. Hoya and Dongwoo were teasing about how he was still look like a high school student despite his own age. L and Sungyeol followed them in silent. L was listening to music on his iPod while Sungyeol was busy playing game on his phone. Both of them didn't pay attention to what the other members doing.

Few minutes later they finally arrived at their class. Sunggyu, as the oldest one (and leader too), knocked the door 3 times and came in when he heard the lecturer's voice. The rest of Infinite followed from behind.

"Ah, here they are. Finally." The lecturer lifted up his head from his text book and greeted them with a wide smile.

"Attention class!" he clapped his hands and soon, the students lifted up their head in curiousity which eventually changed into anticipation.

L who was standing behind Sungyeol took a peek from his shoulder. He could see the female students gasped in shock while the male students groaned and rolled their eyes.

"OMO! That's the real Infinite!"

"Is that L oppa? He's so handsome!"

"Don't you see? Woohyun oppa just threw a heart to me. Oh. My. Gosh."

"Whoa Sungjong oppa is so cute in person!"

Soon, the Infinite could hear the girls chattering in excitement and some of them even took out their cellphones. 

Tap..tap..tap.

The lecturer tapped his desk with the whiteboard eraser and frowned in aggravation, "Silent! I know you are excited to see them but they're here as student. Not an idol group. So I hope you could treat them normally and give them some space. They're your friends now."

The lecturer turned his head to Sunggyu and smiled, "I'm Shin Taehyuk, this vocal class lecturer. It's very nice to meet you all. Now you can introduce yourself to your friends."

Sunggyu nodded and stepped forward to the front of the class. The other members followed him and standing beside him, making a line.

"Good morning, my name is Kim Sunggyu. Nice to meet you all." Sunggyu bowed and showed them his charismatic smile.

"Hello, I'm Jang Dongwoo. I hope we can get along starting from today, guys." Dongwoo showed his wide smile and grinned in excitement, made some students laughing at him.

"Hi~ I'm Nam Woohyun. Very nice to meet you guys." Woohyun winked and threw some hearts to the girls, as usual. But his action made some guys shudder in disgust.

"Hello. My real name is Lee Howon but you can call me Hoya." Hoya waved and greeted the class happily.

"Hello guys. I'm the tallest one, Lee Sungyeol." Sungyeol grinned and also waved to the class like Hoya.

"Hi. I'm L." L said briefly. His introduction was the shortest but those short words could make all the girls in the class mesmerized.

"Good-" Sungjong was going to introduce himself but the lecturer interrupted him.

"Hold on, boy," he said to Sungjong and shifted his gaze to L, "L ssi, can you please tell us your real name? I know that 'L' is your stage name and people always called you with that but we're in the class now. I want you to use your real name instead."

L frowned right at the moment. The lecturer's request was quite hard for him. To be honest, L had been hiding his real identity including his real name ever since he made his debut in Infinite because of some reasons. Or to be exact, someone. The other members didn't know the reason but they do know his real name. Except Sungyeol. Yeah, Sungyeol was his childhood friend after all and Sungyeol knew very well why he decided to hide his identity.

L only allowed three people on earth to call him in his real name. First, his parents, second, Sungyeol, and third, Jieun, his first love. There was another one person that used to call him with his real name but L didn't want to remember him anymore. Since that time. Since he lost his first love because of that person. Even the Infinite members never dare to call him with his real name.

L clenched his fists as he remember that person. His mood suddenly turned into killer and he was staring at the lecturer coldly. The atmosphere suddenly changed and the Infinite sighed. They knew it well that L never like it when people brought up the topic about his real name which means brought up his past. Sungyeol realized this awkward situation and stepped forward, covering L's face from the lecturer's sight. Sunggyu came and stood beside L, embracing his shoulders warmly.

"Ahahaha errr... Mr. Shin. I know that you want L to use his real name but I'm afraid he can't do that." Sungyeol grinned awkwardly, trying his best to melt the tense atmosphere.

"Really? Why?" Mr. Shin frowned in confusion. Sungyeol scratched his head.

"It's our CEO's request, Mr.Shin. L promised him that he'll hide his real name. Err... you know, idol things hehe. And we can't do anything about that because our CEO must be angry if he found out that L broke his promise." Sunggyu made something up immediately.

Mr. Shin tought about it for a moment then nodded his head in agreement. The female students also nodded in agreement. Some of them are Inspirits so they also knew the reason which made up by the agency. The agency said that since L is the visual of the group, he need to hide his real identity, including his real name. Because if someone found out, like his fans or someone who has bad intention, it's not possible for his family to live in peace.

"I think I know why your CEO told him to do that. Some idol may need that high level of privacy. Okay then. You're no other than 'L', L ssi." He finally smiled to L and the other members.

The Infinite sighed in relief and L loosened his fist. But he was looking on the floor, thinking hard. And then he suddenly spoke up.

"It's Kim."

His word surprised the Infinite members, the lecturer, and the students. Even the male students. For the Infinite members, Sungyeol was the most surprised one. He couldn't believe it. L spoke up about his surname in public! He decided to ask L about this later.

"Pardon me?" Mr. Shin glanced at him.

"I already told you since you want to know about it so badly. It's my surname, sir. Kim. I want to tell you more but I can't. I'm sorry, sir." L plastered a faint smile on his face.

Mr. Shin gave him a warm smile and nodded slightly, "Alright then. Okay, we should continue the intoduction." he clapped three times and pushed Sungjong forward.

"Well, good morning everybody. My name is Lee Sungjong and I'm the youngest one. Very nice to meet you guys." Sungjong bowed and greeted them happily. The tense atmosphere suddenly dissapeared because of his bright and cute smile.

Sungjong ended the introduction session with a wink and that made the girls going crazy. They were screaming and shouting more than when the Infinite just entered the class. Mr. Shin tapped his desk again to make them silent and told the Infinite members to sit down. The students were staring at them in various expression while they were walking to their seat. The girls whispered to each other and the boys snickering around.

L was walking to the very back seat in the class with Sungyeol walking behind him when he felt someone staring at him. He glanced to the left side and found a guy was staring at him.... or Sungyeol. That guy was looking at both of them in doubt. L knew it because he saw the guy was narrowing his eyes when he looking at them. L was so curious about it and he staring back because he wanted to know who he was but the guy already looked away. L frowned again. That guy's eyes somehow remind him of someone from his past. Someone that he didn't want to remember.

L stood still and drowning in his own mind when Sungyeol tapped his back, telling him to walk faster. He startled and shook his head.

"It can't be him." L tought.

Without looking at the guy again, L rushed to his seat and then paying attention to the class seriously.

***

"Class dismissed." Mr. Shin said and the students rushed out of the class in pure happiness.

Some of them which mostly the male students rushed to the canteen while the female students stay in the class. They were waiting for Infinite and whispering at each other while took a glance at them. They were busy thinking about should or shouldn't they greet the Infinite. One of the female students bravely greeted Woohyun and Woohyun threw his adorable smile to her, greeted her back. Noticed this situation as a sign of permission, the female students started to swarm around the Infinite.

Woohyun, Sungjong, Hoya, and Dongwoo approved their attention warmly while Sunggyu, L, and Sungyeol ignored them. Sunggyu and Sungyeol was not in their mood to being warm at their fans since they were so hungry and L was still in his killer mood. After a few minutes, Sunggyu couldn't hold it anymore.

"Yah! Let's go guys. I really need to eat something." Sunggyu shouted at the members.

Woohyun, Sungjong, Hoya, and Dongwoo nodded slightly and asked permission from their fans to leave. The fans was groaning in disappointment but still letting them go to catch some food. Sunggyu left the class first, followed by Hoya, Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Sungjong from behind. L and Sungyeol was the last whom getting up from their seat and walked out of the class. But as the Infinite left the class, someone caught up with them and shouted Sungyeol's name from the door.

"Sungyeol-ah?"

Sungyeol and L whom left behind the others turned around and L's eyes enlarged in shock. It was that guy whom staring at him and Sungyeol earlier. Sungyeol stared at him in confusion.

"Yes?" He raised an eyebrow.

The guy rushed to him and looking at him from head to toe in sparkling eyes and within the second, that guy already hugged him tightly.

"Gosh, it's really you! Uri Yeollie!" He shouted in excitement.

Sungyeol's eyes widened and L was frowning at both of them. Sungyeol was really surprised by this guy sudden action and he felt an awkward moment coming up.

"Wait. Did this guy just called Sungyeol, 'Yeollie'? But that nickname only used by...." L thought and his jaw dropped to the floor as he realized the guy's identity. He clenched his fists in anger again as soon as he realized who he was.

Sungyeol also tought the same thing as L and he felt so familiar with this guy's voice, gesture, action, and his face kinda remind him of someone from his childhood. Sungyeol loosened the guy's hug and staring at him, trying to make sure if his guess was right or wrong.

"Daehyun? Jung Daehyun?!" Sungyeol whispered softly but loud enough to be heard by L and that guy.

The guy nodded in excitement and hugged Sungyeol again but now, Sungyeol also hugged him back.

"Oh my God. Daehyun-ah? It's really you! Waaaaa." Sungyeol screamed in happiness for meeting his old friend.

But L's reaction was very different with Sungyeol. He was staring at Daehyun in indescribable expression. He never expect to met him in this university and suddenly his killer mood back. And now, it's much killer than earlier

"Yah! Sungyeol! L! Are you not going? HURRY UP!" Three of them startled because of Sunggyu's loud voice from afar.

"I'll catch up with you later guys. Just go first!" Sungyeol shouted back at Sunggyu.

A few seconds later, the Infinite left them and Sungyeol turned his eyes to Daehyun again.

"Yaaah. How long was it since the last time we met? You already grown up!" Sungyeol said.

"Hahaha. I don't know. Since you moved to Incheon, I think. Of course I'm all grown up but still more handsome than you." Daehyun .

Sungyeol punched his shoulder and grinned. L kept on watching them in confusion, aggravation, and anger. He felt something weird there but he kept showing his innocent face.

"Did he just ignore me or not? Why didn't he greet me like he did to Sungyeol? I was his childhood friend too after all." L thought.

He hated him but the fact that Daehyun didn't greet him kinda bother him. At the same time, Sungyeol took a glance at L and dragged him closer, make sure that Daehyun would notice him. L was surprised with Sungyeol's action and gave him his death glare but Sungyeol ignore it. Daehyun finally took a glance at him but he didn't greet him! He bowed to him politely instead.

L narrowed his eyes and he knew for sure that there was something weird there. Really weird. Sungyeol was also confused because Daehyun seemed like he didn't recognize who L was. But how come? L was his childhood friend too!

"Don't tell me.... he forgot his face? But three years ago...." Sungyeol thought.

Sungyeol was going to asked Daehyun about it but Daehyun was more faster than him. He asked Sungyeol about something and his question surprised both of them.

"So, where's Myungsoo? Aren't you suppose to be stick with him?" Daehyun asked Sungyeol.

"WHAT?" Both of Sungyeol and L shouted at him in shock right away, making Daehyun startled because of it.

"Why? You scared me. Don't shout like that." He asked in confusion and rubbed his chest because of the shocking moment.

"No... um... well....did you just ask about Myungsoo? But Myungsoo is...." Sungyeol was going to revealed who L was but L stomped at his feet immediately.

"Ouch!" Sungyeol groaned in pain and glared at L in frustation. Daehyun was tilting his head and L forced a smile at him.

"Ah~ so you were Sungyeol's childhood friend? Hello, I'm L. His current bestfriend." L shoved his hand to Daehyun's. Daehyun accepted his hand and both of them shake hands.

Daehyun shifted his gaze to Sungyeol again and asked him, "So where's him, Yeollie? Our Kim Myungsoo?"

Sungyeol still groaned in pain and tried to answer him, "He....", but a cellphone ring tone interrupted the moment.

"Wait a second." Daehyun excused himself and picked up his phone.

"Oh, Jieun? Yes, I'm still in front of the class now."

At that moment both of Sungyeol and L gasped in shock. Especially, L. His jaw dropped to the floor again and his mind went blank. He couldn't think about anything and just staring at the floor blankly. His precious memories with her, her warm and beautiful smile, and his fantasy about her flashed on his mind right away. Sungyeol noticed L's expression and he felt something weird too.

"So Jieun is here too? Maybe it's better to not revealed his real identity to him now. But why he couldn't recognize him?  Daheyun should've know Myungsoo's face!" Sungyeol was drowning in his own mind while L still staring on the floor blankly, and Daehyun was busy talking on his phone.

"Okay, I'll meet you there soon. Bye." Daehyun hung up and looked at Sungyeol and L again.

"Is that Jieun? Lee Jieun? Our Jieun?" Sungyeol asked him curiously in anticipation.

Daehyun's eyes suddenly sparkling in happiness again and he nodded his head. L's mind might be blank but his ears and his eyes heard and saw everything.

"So.... it's really Jieun. She's here....." L thought.

"WHOA! Today's so strange! I suddenly met my long-lost childhood friends!" Sungyeol shook his head in disbelief.

"Yeah. For me too. Maybe this is our destiny haha. Well, I have to meet her now. Would you like to come?" Daehyun invited him.

L finally lifted up his head after hearing Daehyun's invitation and his mind thought hard quickly.

"I can meet her. After all this time. I finally can MEET HER! But...is this the right time? Something felt so weird though." L thought again.

He glanced at Daehyun and cught his expression. He knew the answer. He couldn't be careless like the last time and he wouldn't risk anything related to Jieun again. Not when they finally study in the same building.

"No. It's not the right time. I need to make sure about something first." He decided in his mind.

Sungyeol was so happy on the fact that he could meet Jieun again. He opened his mouth to accept Daehyun's invitation but again, L stomped on his feet.

"Ah, Sungyeol would like to but I'm afraid he can't, Daehyun ssi. The other members must be waiting for us. So we need to catch up with them now." L interrupted again and put a fake smile on his face while Sungyeol groaned in pain again and glared for the second time at him.

Daehyun frowned while looking at Sungyeol's face but then he shrugged his shoulder.

"Okay then. I'll be going first, Sungyeol ah, L ssi. Let's meet again next time. I'll tell Jieun about your presence in this university. She must be surprised and happy too! Bye~" He waved at Sungyeol and L before left them.

After making sure that Daehyun's shadow already disappear, L turned his eyes to Sungyeol.

"Sorry, bud." He grinned at him apologeticaly.

Sungyeol made a face at L and both of them finally left the class, walking together in silent. They were heading towards their dorm instead of the canteen.

"You felt something weird, right?" L asked Sungyeol on their way.

Sungyeol nodded and looked at L, "I know what you were thinking about."

"And we need to make sure about this first." L said.

***

Finally the second chapter! :D

*bow to my readers*

I want to thank you all my readers and subscribers. You guys really motivate me to continue this story hehehe. Thank you very much guys! *hugs*

Well then, I hope you enjoy this chapter and please keep subscribe and comment, and you'll make my day. Yeaaaayyyy~ :D