Poisoned Melody (3/3)

Poisoned Melody

 

Revenge from the uncountable souls
how could this be beautiful?
As if this creature have a heart somewhere
trapped in a deadly spell
remember me
remember me
remember me

 

 

 

“Who are you?”

 

Those three words again. Kyuhyun never knew those words could be this hurt. More than that, he noticed the other male grew weaker and weaker everyday. Sungmin got a headpain attack more than once in a night already. It made their times together became shorter because Kyuhyun had to hide from Sungmin’s father.

 

He approached Sungmin then hugged him tightly. “What the—”, Sungmin wanted to push him away but he stopped when noticing the taller man body was shaking. The hug was cold like just coming from some snowy northern area.

 

Kyuhyun wanted to cry but he couldn’t. Vampire never cried. Not because they’re a cruel creature. They didn’t have that right because it’s one of another curses for their  kind. “I am Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun. Please remember me…”, he pleaded.

 

“Kyuhyun? Did we ever meet before?”, Sungmin released the hug then stared at the vampire. He placed his palm on the taller man’s cheek, “You’re cold and look so pale. Are you sick? Wait, I have a lot of medicine for a fever in my drawer”. He walked toward the drawer but in the midway, Sungmin collapsed to the floor on his knees as he got a pain attack again. The pain looked more aching by looking how tears streaming down on the both of his milkywhite skin cheeks.

 

Kyuhyun quickly got to him and held him up with his arms. He laid him on his bed and helped him to drink his medications. After the painkiller slowly showed the effect. Sungmin gave him a weary smile and his gratitude, “Thank you. Whoever you are. I think you’re a kind man”.

 

Kyuhyun held his hand and gave a peck on the backside, “Sungmin, you’re dying. Please let me help you. I… I… can change you”

 

Sungmin let out a weak chuckle, “I am a dying man. Seems like it has spread faster than I expected. I hope I can make it to the prom night tomorrow”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, “No. You have to believe me. I am… I am a vampire”

 

Sungmin stared at the taller. He didn’t look afraid nor he laughed thinking that Kyuhyun lied or joke to him, “If I become a vampire, can I live my life like before?”

 

Kyuhyun couldn’t answer. Of course it would change. He would become immortal but he wouldn’t be back like his oldself. He would never become the sweet Sungmin like this.

 

Sungmin smiled, eyes looked up to the ceiling, “I like sunrise. It’s warm and beautiful”

 

Kyuhyun had no idea why this dying man still be able to smile like that eventhough his lifespan became shorter and shorter. How this man’s accepting his cruel fate so easily.

 

Sungmin tried to get up and Kyuhyun helped him. His eyes landed toward a harmonica which laid on a table. Kyuhyun took it and smiled at him “Ac…actually I am your fan, Sungmin. I like listening the song you’re playing with this harmonica. It’s beautiful”

 

Sungmin’s eyes grew wider slightly, “Really? Thank you. My friend Hyukkie gave me this harmonica so I won’t feel bored hehe…”

 

“I…I have a song which is good to be played for your prom night tomorrow. Can I play it in front of you now?”

 

This time he showed his white teeth in his smile, “Sure, Kyuhyun. What’s the title of the song?”

 

“Isn’t he lovely”

 

Sungmin shook a hand, “Eeey, I know that song. It’s my favourite so I know the title isn’t like that”

 

Kyuhyun giggled as he got caught being cheesy. He stood 2 feet in front of him. His eyes never moved from the latter. He started to attach the harmonica to his lip and blew some air toward the holes. It’s the song which just had been released recently. He often played it absentmindedly with piano to seduce his victims, but this time, he played it sincerely in front of this person. Every line. Every word. He meant it all.

 

Sungmin watched him by folding his feet to his chest, chin rested on his knees. Sometimes he closed his eyes, kept smiling while swaying his head right and left, also tapping his fingers. Kyuhyun was glad he’s enjoying it. The life picture in front of him meant forever to him. He knew he’s falling and didn’t even care had he reached the abyss of this unrequited love or not.

 

He’s happy and this feeling was overwhelming without his control. He wasn’t sure what he would become after this man disappeared. Can he go back to his previous routines? Seeing this man’s smiles had already become his main addiction. He doubted if he could be intoxicated from this infatuation.

 

 

He had decided.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Kyuhyun came again. This time he prepared  a bouquet of red rose and moss flower which meant 'confession'. But strangely he didn’t hear Sungmin’s playing his harmonica again. He became worried and quickly came to his room but the smaller male was no where to be found.

 

He noticed Sungmin’s room looked in mess. Like some thieves had intruded there. He took something from the floor. Sungmin’s harmonica. Then he sniffed something’s familiar. The smell from his kind. A vampire.

 

His forehead frowned, eyes squinted and flashed red furiously, and his sharp fangs emerged from his gum as he gritted them in angers. He muttered someone’s name “Changmin….” before he jumped out of the window in a light speed.

 

He arrived to his castle in a rage “Changmin!!! Changmin!! Where are you?”

 

“Kyuhyun?” the said man was standing in front of a fireplace.

 

Without anymore thinking, he grabbed Changmin’s collar and glared at him “Where is him??!!”

 

His fellow vampire friend looked confused “What do you mean?”

 

Kyuhyun pulled him closer “I know a vampire just come before me and took him. The only vampire who know about my regular visits is only you, except… did you tell them?”

 

Changmin grabbed his shoulder back “I told you Kyuhyun!!! They’re watching us!! Do you know what punishment you will get from Cainity for falling in love to a human?”

 

Kyuhyun released him. He was panting hard because of his angers “I don’t care about that, Changmin. It’s about Sungmin. If they lay even a finger toward him, I swear I will kill them all”

 

Kyuhyun meant to go outside to search Sungmin by tracking his smell before Changmin prevent him “Wait… Kyuhyun. Calm a bit. Did you happen meet someone on the way to his house or  feel another vampire following you these days?”

 

Kyuhyun turned and stared at him. His mind got a sudden flashback that he had meet someone on his way to the forest before.

 

Hey Kyuhyun! It’s been so long for us to hang out together. I’ve rarely seen you in the city nowadays”

 

“I am sorry. I am kind of busy now”

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

At an abandoned warehouse, not so far from his house. He sat on a cold floor, hands were tied behind him with a tight rope. A tall figure came and kneeled closer toward him. He eyed the figure with fear “Who…who are you?”

 

The figure smirked and touched his cheek with his cold slender fingers “Easy…baby. I won’t hurt you as long as you obey me. Well… at least for now”

 

The figure kissed his cheek and started it in a way Sungmin disliked “Hmmm…. No wonder he’s attracted to you. You isn’t only sweet but smell good…” The figure stared at Sungmin’s eyes for a moment “I want to taste you” he said then meant to attach his lip to him but someone grabbed his collar from behind and threw him flying 10 meters away.

 

“Don’t touch him, Minho!!! Or I kill you without considering you’re once being my friend” Kyuhyun shouted out loud at him.

 

The other vampire smirked at him as he stood “Hey, easy pal. We’re often share everything. Why don’t you share this cutey with me? He is a dying man, Kyu. What a wasted opportunity to not drink his blood before he—“

 

Kyuhyun quickly hit him on the face quite hard as the latter was thrown again and bumped hardly to the wall “I am not joking when I said I will kill you Minho”

 

Minho chuckled as he stood again “Bring it on, brother!!”

 

The both of them didn’t waste anytime as they jumped to each other and fought with all their strength. The warehouse soon became a fierce fighting arena between two vampires in a light speed. Every punch, scratchs, bites, and glared are beyond every human could imagine. It ended up with Kyuhyun’s win after all. He meant to give his final blow before a strong hand grabbed his own “Stop it Kyu! He’s already have no strength to fight you back!!!” Changmin told him.

 

Minho spilled some blood from his mouth then chuckled “You have to kill him soon, Kyuhyun. Cainity already knew it’s from you. Some of them are probably on the way coming to your place”

 

Kyuhyun ignored him as he focused his attention to Sungmin who’s just fallen to the floor with body’s shaking and eyes shutted close. Kyuhyun quickly came to him and untied the rope on his hands. He took Sungmin’s torso to his arm “Sungmin are you okay? Do you get a headache again?” Kyuhyun asked him in worries.

 

Sungmin opened his eyes, “You are…”

 

Kyuhyun gulped for a second. He knew Sungmin didn’t recognize him again. He tried to find a way to explain about what had happened and who he was “I am… I am…”

 

“Are you… Kyuhyun? A vampire who played with my harmonica yesterday?”

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes  were wide in shock “You…you remember?”

 

Sungmin shook his head wearily, “No. I don’t remember ever meeting you before. But I found a diary. Never used one but the first page was my handwritten. About a cute vampire who played a beautiful song for me. I didn’t believe at first especially with the date which is written February 13th”, he managed to let out a weak chuckle. 

 

Then an amount of liquid was flowing from Kyuhyun’s left eye. He couldn’t believe that was happening. Him. A vampire was crying, “Sungmin…”

 

He asked in a whisper, “Why are you crying?”. He started to wipe the tears with his right thumb, “It’s strange. We just meet by tonight, but why I feel I’ve known you a long ago?”

 

“Sungmin. Please I can change you…”, Kyuhyun begged.

 

Sungmin shook his head and smile, “I always like sunrise. I don’t know why but I feel like I haven’t seen the sunrise for a long time. I want to see the sunrise”

 

The liquid was flowing again but Kyuhyun quickly wiped it. He knew Sungmin would answer like that and he had settled his final decision yesterday, “I will show you. There is a beautiful garden at the backyard of my castle. I think it have a great view to watch sunrise”

 

Sungmin smiled weakly. He knew his life was seconds remained already, “Really? Can you bring me there? I think I can’t walk by my own”

 

Kyuhyun then lifted up his body in bridal style, “With pleasure, Baby”

 

“Kyuhyun, No! You will—“, Changmin paused seeing Kyuhyun smiled widely at him. Not a cold smile but a happy smile. Like saying a final goodbye to his vampire friend.

 

He brought Sungmin toward the garden then sat him on a bench between the lines of red roses and lilies. They sat toward east side, anticipating to watch the upcoming sun to rise up.

 

Kyuhyun circled his arm to Sungmin’s waist and let him rested on his shoulder, “Sungmin-ah”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Please call my name”

 

“Kyuhyun”

 

“Say again…”

 

“Kyuhyun…”

 

Sungmin started to feel his eyes became heavy, “You are warm Kyu. Not feel cold anymore”

 

Kyuhyun smiled then kissed Sungmin’s hair, “You too. Please don’t sleep yet. The sun is rising”

 

“Are you okay?”, Sungmin whispered.

 

“I never feel better than now. Don’t worry. We will always be together from now on….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

######################################################################################

So this is the last chapter. I hope you won’t be disappointed with the ending. Thanks for subscribing and commenting, Guys. Please tell me what you think about this chapter ^^ !!!!

 

P.S : Want a sequel?? (I set the year for Poisoned Melody with 1976 for a reason ^^). But I can’t promise it will come out soon because I still have a lot of fics to finish first ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ^^