Poisoned Melody (2/3)

Poisoned Melody

 

From a darkness curtain

bound in poisoned melody

long hidden beneath the moon

chords from an untouched beauty

 

 

“How…how…do you know my name?”

He didn’t lie. Kyuhyun was sure of it. But how come he didn’t remember him as if there’s an eraser in the shorter male’s mind? They just met yesterday.  

“Sungmin-ah. Are you okay?” He  heard someone called him from outside the room.

 

Sungmin turned his head toward the door and answered “Yes, Father! I just—“. Right when he turned back to face the stranger, Kyuhyun had already gone.

 

 

 

****

 

 

The night after, Kyuhyun came again. He still couldn’t believe what he witnessed last night. It’s too strange even for a vampire like him. He’s sure his sensitivity never deceived him. He’s one from a strongest clan of vampire’s race. He wanted to try again. If it’s proved that the harmonica player had tricked him, he would kill him without mercy because of playing on him.

 

“Who are you?”

 

That harmonica player said the exact same words again once he met Kyuhyun for the third time. Kyuhyun stared at him calmly. Trying to act his role with the same lines as two days ago. He observed Sungmin’s orbs moves, his breaths, and his pulses.

 

“I ask you who are you? What are you doing here?”

 

“I… I heard the song you’re playing. So I came and jumped… here”

 

Sungmin smiled again “You jumped here? Are you a fox? What’s your name by the way?”

 

“Kyuhyun”

 

He offered a hand “I am Lee Sungmin”

 

Kyuhyun took his hand again “Your song is beautiful”

 

 “Thank you. Hyukkie gave me this harmonica so I won’t feel bored” Sungmin and Kyuhyun said in the same time. Sungmin stared at him widely. Had no idea why Kyuhyun could read his mind.

 

But once again, there’s no any hints of lie from Sungmin’s words. “You’re a great actor Lee Sungmin” he said coldly to the shorter male.

 

Sungmin gave him a questioned look “Huh? What do you mean?”.

 

Kyuhyun stared at him closer, hand still holding sungmin’s. Then his eyes widened as he noticed something when he scanned Sungmin. There’s a strange temperature accumulated in Sungmin’s head “There’s something wrong in your head”

 

Sungmin pulled his hand away from Kyuhyun then attached it to his waist “Hey, That’s rude. Did you mean I am crazy?” he said, mouth formed a pout. Kyuhyun couldn’t help but chuckled.

 

“Yah!! What’s so funny?”

 

“Cute”

 

“What did you say?”

 

“You are cute. Pouting like that” he pointed at Sungmin’s mouth.

 

Sungmin quickly covered and lowered his head to hide the blushing on his cheek “You… You’re weird”

 

“Hahaha… Sungmin, can I hear you play your song with that harmonica again?”

 

Sungmin grinned “Eeeyy, don’t tell me you’re my fan”

 

Kyuhyun shrugged and smiled back “You can say that”

 

Sungmin sat back to his bed, took his harmonica, then suggested Kyuhyun to sat beside him “I have another song to play—“

 

“You want me to help you to choose which the best song you have to play at tomorrow prom night” Kyuhyun cut his words. Kyuhyun’s expression turned sad. It must be something wrong with this man’s memory.

 

Sungmin stunned for a moment. Felt a bit scared “Kyuhyun, how do you know what I would say?” he whispered.

 

Kyuhyun sighed “Sungmin, you said exactly same words yesterday and the day before that. This is not the first time I come here. You already said your name and called me a fox thrice. You also said about your friend Hyukkie who gave you this harmonica and you told me about your plan to perform your song with it tomorrow”

 

Sungmin shook his head “No. You’re lying”

 

“Sungmin, do you remember what date today?”

 

“February…. February 13th , 1976”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, realized this was a serious matter “It’s 2 months ago. Sungmin, I am telling you the truth. Your day is repeated with same routine for three days. Even if I come again tomorrow, we will become stranger and you will ask my name again"

 

Sungmin held his head. His face became sweaty. There’s some tears started to gather on the corner of his eyes “No…No…!!” He squeezed his head as if he just got a headache.

 

“Sungmin, are you okay?” Kyuhyun held his shoulder.

 

“Ugh…”

 

Then Kyuhyun heard someone knocked Sungmin’s door “Sungmin-ah, Are you okay?”

 

“Father!!!” Now tears streamed swiftly from Sungmin eyes as like he couldn’t bear the pain.

 

Kyuhyun quickly got out to the balcony and hid behind the curtain as the door started to open. An old man whom Kyuhyun assumed as Sungmin’s father. He came to his son, laid him on his bed, then took some bottles from a cupboard. Kyuhyun watched he took an amount of tablets from them and let Sungmin drank them. He kept Sungmin’s hair and whispering he would be okay soon until his son driven into sleep.

 

Sungmin, what happened with you?

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

The following day,  Kyuhyun came again. This time he didn’t want to meet Sungmin but his father and acted as Sungmin’s old friend.

 

“He didn’t have much time left” He said as he pulled a cigarette  from his pocket and lightened it. Kyuhyun could see big eyebags under his eyes. This man had lacked his sleep for days.

 

“Is his sickness uncurable?”

 

Sungmin’s father his cigarette for a moment then released the smoke slowly “A late stadium brain cancer”

 

“So that’s the cause why he lost his memories…”

 

The man eyed Kyuhyun in confuse “How do you know about that?”

 

Kyuhyun tried to find a good reason for a moment “Um…um… I heard some rumors”

 

Sungmin’s father sighed “No. It’s a different case. He became like that since he lost his bestfriend in an accident before prom night”

 

Kyuhyun’s mind clicked something “Do you mean Hyukkie?”

 

The man his cigarette again. His eyes turned sadder than before “Yes. Lee Hyukjae. He is meant a whole world for Sungmin. They’re bestfriend since childhood. Once he knew that he was diagnosed a late stadium brain cancer and didn’t have enough times, he was still as cheerful as before because he wanted to spend his life with his bestfriend.  But after that accident, he became depressed and later diagnosed with a rare case of amnesia -- his memory stop at February 13th, before the accident”

 

His tears slowly flew, he quickly rubbed them with his backhand “Once he wakes up from his sleep he repeats it all over again” He chuckled bitterly, his shoulder was a bit shaking “That rascal….. I only have him. I wish I could take his pains. Both…”

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

“Who are you?”

 

Sungmin eyed him like a stranger again. This was the first time for Kyuhyun to not have any idea why he was so caught up with this dying man. How his chest ached to accept the fact this man didn’t remember his name. How he had to introduce himself everyday. He never took a pity toward human. But this was far beyond just a pity. It’s more than that.

 

“I ask you who are you? What are you doing here?”

 

“I… just walked around the forest then heard a sound from harmonica. It’s beautiful. I really like it”

 

Sungmin blushed “Really? Thank you. Hyukkie gave me this harmonica so I won’t feel bored hehe…” his eyes looked toward his balcony for a second then turned back to face Kyuhyun “But this is third floor. How did you climb here? Are you a monkey?”

 

Kyuhyun giggled all of a sudden “Hey, what’s so funny. I am asking you” He pouted again. Kyuhyun’s favourite gesture from him. He shook his head “No. I thought you would call me fox”

 

“Fox jump, monkey climb” he said crossing his arms.

 

Kyuhyun laughed more “Cute”

 

“What?”

 

Kyuhyun stopped laughing “You. You’re cute”

 

Sungmin lowered his head as his face became redder. Kyuhyun came closer then lifted his chin to face him “Can… can I hear the song you’re playing earlier?”

 

Sungmin smiled at him “Sure. I have another song to play. Can you help me to choose which the best song I have to play at tomorrow prom night?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled back at him bitterly. There was a pang in his chest but he’s never been this happy for a long time. He realized that the first moment he heard the song from this man. He’s already falling for him. There’s no place for him in his memory but even it’s hurt, he would come here again and again.

 

 

 

****

 

 

Since he met Sungmin, Kyuhyun stopped seducing girls nor he drank human blood because everynight he went to see him. He survived only by drinking erythrocyde (blood tablet). Along that time, he didn’t realize that someone was watching him.

 

“Stop meeting him Kyuhyun” Someone said while leaning to the window behind, stopping Kyuhyun from his track to go out  again.

 

“I don’t know what you mean Changmin. I am busy now” Kyuhyun ignored him then took his coat from a hanger.

 

“You know what I mean. You don’t suppose to visit a human regularly like that”

 

Kyuhyun stared at his vampire friend. He chuckled a bit “You know I always visit human and kill them in the end right?”

 

Just when Kyuhyun reached the main door of his castle, Changmin’s next words stopped him again “You won’t kill him. I know from your pulse Kyuhyun. You are falling. They will know soon”

 

Kyuhyun knew what Changmin meant by they. It’s The Cainity. The largest and most powerful coven of vampires consisted by true bloods which ages exceed 2000 years. They enforced the laws of the vampire world and it’s included by forbidding a vampire to fall in love with human. They could sense an increasing pulses and hormone of a vampire from a long distance.

 

“We may be alone creature, Kyuhyun. But you have to remember they're watching us”

 

Kyuhyun let out a heavy sigh. “I know Changmin. But I… I just can’t” He knew what consequencies he would get if he got along with a human. But he didn’t have enough time. He felt his chest ached everyday but it ached more if he didn’t go to meet that man and hear that melodic sounds from his harmonica again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC

######################################################################################

A/N : I am sorry. I become excited about writing vampireAU so I added one more chapter for this. It' becomes threeshot. I am really sorry. I want to finish soon but it's already 5 am, and I have to go back to school TT__TT. I will post the last chapter in this weekend. Please don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and give me COMMENTS guys ^^ !!!

P.S : In this fic, vampires do have beats. They have a much slower pulse than normal humans (on the order of 20-25 beats per minute).